Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Again the fact is while her child was missing she was partying. It does not matter if she was partying before.
And what kind of person does that while their child is missing?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:39 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Worse Than O.J.!

While the stunning Casey Anthony acquittal defied logic, O.J. Simpson prosecutor Marcia Clark details how juries often delude themselves—and why this verdict trumps even her case.
There was something on one of the news networks about how much communication/information is at the subconsious level. I wonder if jurors were subconsiously empathetic to Casey and mom--just not wanting to convict because she's a young, pretty girl and feeling empathy towards the mom. Maybe not aware of that consciously though. I think these jurors only chose to see what they wanted. Not the pattern and putting the story together. A dysfunctional jury?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:39 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
No. It's over. Period.

The only other possible remedy is for a private party to bring a civil wrongful death suit, and the penalties for conviction are financial - i.e., no jail time. What private party would do this?
I was thinking about this last night. I'm wondering if the father of Caylee could do this. I know the father has never been identified. And all we have is Casey's word that he was killed in an auto accident.

But if he is identified (through DNA) and he is alive could he sue her in civil court? If he is dead could his parents (the child's grandparents) sue Casey for wrongful death? Heck, could the Anthony's sue their daughter for wrongful death?

Any of our legal experts know?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
There was something on one of the news networks about how much communication/information is at the subconsious level. I wonder if jurors were subconsiously empathetic to Casey and mom--just not wanting to convict because she's a young, pretty girl and feeling empathy towards the mom. Maybe not aware of that consciously though. I think these jurors only chose to see what they wanted. Not the pattern and putting the story together. A dysfunctional jury?
Absolutely! And IGNORANT...

Old 07-06-2011, 11:46 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
Well according to the testimony at trial, Casey never believed her child was missing. In fact, she knew Caylee was dead. There was also some testimony that she managed the girls at these clubs and had some role in organizing them - I don't know if this was a regular job but some described it as work-like.
Exactly, the defense stated Caylee died in the pool on June 16, 2008. If it was an accident, why would anyone put a body in the car, drive around with it and party like a rock star for a week or more until she was able to dump the body ? And not call 911 for a possible revival ? And if she was such a good and loving mother, would she not want to give Caylee a decent burial instead of dumping her in the woods like trash ? This is the biggest miscarriage of justice in Florida history ! Thank God I believe in karma ...

Old 07-06-2011, 11:49 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Exactly, the defense stated Caylee died in the pool on June 16, 2008. If it was an accident, why would anyone put a body in the car, drive around with it and party like a rock star for a week or more until she was able to dump the body ? And not call 911 for a possible revival ? And if she was such a good and loving mother, would she not want to give Caylee a decent burial instead of dumping her in the woods like trash ? This is the biggest miscarriage of justice in Florida history ! Thank God I believe in karma ...
She wasn't on trial for being a bad mom. She was on trial for murder.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:50 AM

59 posts, read 41,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I was thinking about this last night. I'm wondering if the father of Caylee could do this. I know the father has never been identified. And all we have is Casey's word that he was killed in an auto accident.

But if he is identified (through DNA) and he is alive could he sue her in civil court? If he is dead could his parents (the child's grandparents) sue Casey for wrongful death? Heck, could the Anthony's sue their daughter for wrongful death?

Any of our legal experts know?
An estranged father can file suit for the wrongful death of his child (for any lawyers out there the citation is Wilcox v. Jones, 346 So.2d 1037).

Grandparents do not have standing to sue.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
The fiance of Casey (who was told that he was Caylee's dad but later found out differently) was on TV. He said that it was PROVEN in court that Casey left with Caylee. Again, Casey had her last unless Casey gave her to someone else.

I can't imagine dumping a child in the woods. I couldn't even dump a pet in the woods. We bury our pets, keeping them close to home.

Why kind of person dumps their child in the woods? At least she could have buried her in her own backyard.

Vicki

Old 07-06-2011, 11:55 AM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
There is a lot of dirty laundry in this family.

For those of you who want to better understand more of the details of May, June, and July 2008, here are some very detailed timelines - so much info in these- it really sheds a lot of light on the Anthony family and Casey's behavior patterns. Again, I continue to be astounded by how extensive her pattern of lying is, as well as some of the interesting details about George and Cindy's relationship.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:55 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times
DewDropInn - you have raised some excellent questions and points...so, let's presume [smile] that once again, a lie was given re: the dad. I am wondering, actually hoping, that he will in fact step up to the plate - say who he is, have a DNA/paternity test and if he is the father, that he sue for wrongful death. Of course, what will undoubtedly happen, bless the sensationalism of the press and, of course Casey's attorneys.... they will say..."sure he is the father, BUT he was not willing to step up to the plate and take responsibility for being the father and the only reason he is doing that now is to collect money because he never cared about this child"...mark my words, that is what will be said about him....

And, whether or not the above is right, or not...I would like to think that as the father, he would step up to the plate and sue for what could be some justice for that victim, that victim, being the child. Any mechanism to hold this mom accountable for her actions. And, even if it were accidental, for the sake of argument, accidentally drowning in the pool, and then panic setting in, better to have one of those people in that household contact the police and say, hey, we need your help....our child / grandchild accidentally drowned in the pool. And, there would have been an investigation and after the standard procedures, undoubtedly it would have been determined that it was an accident.

I am NOT saying that it was - I am saying that had it been, medical procedures would have been able to prove it, or, not. Perhaps they were all worried about the 'or not'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime