Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

What I don't understand are posters saying "I think she killed her child, but I don't think it was proven". The comment is contradictory. If you think she killed her child - then it was proven, at least to you.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:37 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
It's rather common really - people are tried and sucessfully convicted of murder without bodies, without direct evidence, without cause of death, quite frequently.

"Proof" is subjective. Obviously this jury had different thoughts on what reasonable doubt is. Perhaps the "CSI effect" has something to do with it (has that been discussed here yet)?

What I don't understand are posters saying "I think she killed her child, but I don't think it was proven". The comment is contradictory. If you think she killed her child - then it was proven, at least to you.
Absolutely agree! The jury in the Casey Anthony case are stupid and totally ignorant. I cannot believe they didn't have any (not even one) questions pertaining to the verdict. All 12 members of the jury should be ashamed of themselves for letting a child murderer walk free when they admittedly think she killed her child. STUPID!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Absolutely agree! The jury in the Casey Anthony case are stupid and totally ignorant. I cannot believe they didn't have any (not even one) questions pertaining to the verdict. All 12 members of the jury should be ashamed of themselves for letting a child murderer walk free when they admittedly think she killed her child. STUPID!
Again I ask, what questions did you want them to ask?

Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 AM

59 posts, read 41,356 times
Quote:
That's awfully rough. I don't think this jury did anything that deserves that kind of ill will. I remember one person, a high school history teacher, took a copious amount of notes.

Most juries don't come back with questions during deliberations. Jury instructions are revised every year to make them more clear.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:48 AM

59 posts, read 41,356 times
Quote:
I don't think that's true. I can suspect that I have 4 pens in my drawer based on the evidence of my memory, but that doesn't mean it's proven by any high standard.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
THINK

PROVE

two totally differant concepts

Old 07-07-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
That's awfully rough. I don't think this jury did anything that deserves that kind of ill will.
You mean other than failing to validate the feelings of the lynch mob?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Again I ask, what questions did you want them to ask?
It is clear that the jury thought they needed absolute certain proof on a number of elements (e.g. cause of death) in order to convict. That is NOT correct, but no one on the jury asked for clarification. Comprehend?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
That's awfully rough. I don't think this jury did anything that deserves that kind of ill will. I remember one person, a high school history teacher, took a copious amount of notes.

Most juries don't come back with questions during deliberations. Jury instructions are revised every year to make them more clear.
Taking a copious amount of notes does not mean you understand anything. On a murder conviction trial there are usually many questions asked by the jury...

Old 07-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
It is clear that the jury thought they needed absolute certain proof on a number of elements (e.g. cause of death) in order to convict. That is NOT correct, but no one on the jury asked for clarification. Comprehend?
Actually it's beyond "reasonable doubt", and again, what questions/clarifications did you want them to ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime