Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 03:58 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Apparently she has. I'm sure every human being in the system who has anything to do with validating her release date, including Judge Perry, has been over all the details of her record with a fine-toothed comb. This case is so high profile, they don't want to make any mistakes. And if Judge Perry could have possibly kept her in jail or under supervision one minute longer he would have. This is political. The loss for the state is bad news for the State Attorney at election time. If Judge Perry had shown one tiny bit of leniency toward Anthony, it would be bad for him at election time as well.
So if Judge Perry wasn't an elected official he would have let her off on the spot, time served, with perhaps a bouquet of roses?

Maybe Judge Perry thought that she deserved the maximum she can get BECAUSE of her lies wasting the polices' time. Maybe he had no motive more ulterior than that.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:01 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Their were a few who did not agree. They were probably bullied by the other nine and overtaken and squashed their reasoning of what they believed.

It is a shame some did not agree at first and were worn down for this verdict. They gave in.
Oh? Would you have? And so quickly? I wouldn't have. We'd still be there if I was on the jury as regards the lesser charge and not because the Prosecution proved it's case, but because of my "belief" and my "compromise judgment" because I think she was responsible in some way. BTW I would have a Judge and other law enforcement at the court to call on if I felt "bullied".

Hopefully the rest would have talked me down because if a killing isn't proven then you can't find for murder OR manslaughter and I would be wrong, basing my decision on a gut feeling and not on the law and the evidence.

This was an outstanding jury.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:03 PM

288 posts, read 167,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So if Judge Perry wasn't an elected official he would have let her off on the spot, time served, with perhaps a bouquet of roses?

Maybe Judge Perry thought that she deserved the maximum she can get BECAUSE of her lies wasting the polices' time. Maybe he had no motive more ulterior than that.
Maybe. Certainly NOT with any bouquet of roses!

Do you think that Judges who have to get elected are somehow above concern about elections?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Oh? Would you have? And so quickly? I wouldn't have. We'd still be there if I was on the jury as regards the lesser charge and not because the Prosecution proved it's case, but because of my "belief" and my "compromise judgment" because I think she was responsible in some way. BTW I would have a Judge and other law enforcement at the court to call on if I felt "bullied".

Hopefully the rest would have talked me down because if a killing isn't proven then you can't find for murder OR manslaughter and I would be wrong, basing my decision on a gut feeling and not on the law and the evidence.

This was an outstanding jury.
Exactly. The prosecution was banking on an emotional jury and they didn't get it.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Casey Anthony jail visit: Casey Anthony declines mother's jail visit - OrlandoSentinel.com

And apparently Casey is not interested in talking to her Mother, who obviously perjured herself for her daughter...gotta love that kind of gratitude.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:16 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
No they weren't. They put on every single piece of evidence they could and belived the jury would see what they saw. It was a dry bones case. They did the best they could, but it just wasn't enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Exactly. The prosecution was banking on an emotional jury.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:17 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Maybe. Certainly NOT with any bouquet of roses!

Do you think that Judges who have to get elected are somehow above concern about elections?
No they are politicians too. There really wasn't much he could do to CA anyway since she had already spent so much time in jail.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:26 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
This is a great example of a scatterbrain. Jury # 3.... Take a listen. And this girl wants to become a nurse...God Forbid!!
YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Trial - Juror Speaks To Primetime‬‏

Old 07-08-2011, 04:30 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
No they weren't. They put on every single piece of evidence they could and belived the jury would see what they saw. It was a dry bones case. They did the best they could, but it just wasn't enough.
That's my point. The evidence wasn't there so they were left hoping that an emotional jury would just convict anyway.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:39 PM

288 posts, read 167,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
No they are politicians too. There really wasn't much he could do to CA anyway since she had already spent so much time in jail.
True. But he did the MAX! One year for each count, consecutive, and a $1000 fine for each count. Totally maxed out. I'm sure he understands that the citizens got that message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime