Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 05:09 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,652,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
I can back this up. Casey's ex fiance said there was an incident one day where they were sitting on the couch watching a movie and her mom started to attack Casey and tell Casey "when are you going to pay back the money you owe me from the hospital.. Casey didn't want to talk about it in front of her fiance but Cindy kept pushing until she stood up and pointed at the her and the Fiance and said "why would you want to marry someone like her? She doesn't have an education, she can't even support her own daughter financially!!! How could you want to be with someone like that??? The fiance defended Casey but I think it's a small insight into what really goes on in that household. And it's been also been said by her fiance that Casey and her mother had a very rocky relationship.

I don't make this stuff up... just going off the big picture.
Have you checked the cost of giving birth in a hospital lately?
I know it is in the thousands but do not know how much. My son is in his forty's and my bill back then was in the range of $400.00, my weekly grocery bill was about $15.00.
I can completely understand the rage Cindy must have felt, owing thousands to pay for the birth and after working all day, she comes home to Casey who had no plans to find a job, laying on the couch watching movies with her boyfriend. At the same time Cindy had probably discovered more money missing from her bank account and more charges to her credit card. It has been reported that Casey did this on a regular basis.
So anyway, try to put yourself in Cindy's place. Remember George had just lost thousands gambling and in an internet scheme. He also could not keep a job for very long.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,864,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly. FL already has a reputation as "Flori-duh" and this just reinforced it.

There are also a lot of people angry over this, not too bright of Ms.Ford to be putting herself out there.

FL is loaded with people who legally carry concealed weapons, it is not out of the realm of possibility that some nut job won't walk right up to her and shoot her.
Point taken about the hate for her, but don't dump it on the legal weapons carriers. There are enough illegal weapons carriers and untrained weapons owners in florida. Those that are allowed to carry guns have been vetted (fingerprinted and FBI cleared, and required training in legal and safety weapons issues) and are not the ones she has to worry about.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,507,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Point taken about the hate for her, but don't dump it on the legal weapons carriers. There are enough illegal weapons carriers and untrained weapons owners in florida. Those that are allowed to carry guns have been vetted (fingerprinted and FBI cleared, and required training in legal and safety weapons issues) and are not the ones she has to worry about.
Just wanted to agree with this. I don't carry a weapon but I'm not afraid of those who have obtained theirs legally. It's the ones who obtained theirs illegally I worry about.

I don't think CA has anything to worry about either way though. Those who have their guns legally won't do anything and those who have theirs illegally aren't worried about justice being done in this case.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Have you checked the cost of giving birth in a hospital lately?
I know it is in the thousands but do not know how much. My son is in his forty's and my bill back then was in the range of $400.00, my weekly grocery bill was about $15.00.
I can completely understand the rage Cindy must have felt, owing thousands to pay for the birth and after working all day, she comes home to Casey who had no plans to find a job, laying on the couch watching movies with her boyfriend. At the same time Cindy had probably discovered more money missing from her bank account and more charges to her credit card. It has been reported that Casey did this on a regular basis.
So anyway, try to put yourself in Cindy's place. Remember George had just lost thousands gambling and in an internet scheme. He also could not keep a job for very long.
The bill for my step son's wife was several thosand dollars 18 years ago! I'd be pretty upset if I paid that for them and they never paid me back. Most people cannot afford that.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,328,798 times
Makes me wonder why Casey did not get on Medicaid, she would have been eligible, even with her parents insurance...well, maybe they did not look into it for her...

Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Makes me wonder why Casey did not get on Medicaid, she would have been eligible, even with her parents insurance...well, maybe they did not look into it for her...
I've wondered that myself. She should have qualified being single, unemployed and pregnant. She should have qualified for, at least, WIC as well.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,670,761 times
George had something to do with it.

Remember the jail video with her and her parents? She told George that he will always be her buddy and not just her dad, which means she will not rat him out.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:31 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,468,158 times
Casey Anthony Juror 60 Quits Work - Flees Town in Fear of Life

Old 07-11-2011, 03:41 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,637,387 times
I haven't much sympathy for the jurors--they don't deserve death threats, but they made a decision and let them stand by it and live with it.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,468,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I haven't much sympathy for the jurors--they don't deserve death threats, but they made a decision and let them stand by it and live with it.
Totally agree. They agreed to the responsibility of serving, therefore they should be willing to publicly take responsibility for their decision.

Here is the juror's brief ID:

Juror 12 — The Publix Cook: White female, 60s, married to Publix supermarket employee, two children and one young grandchild. Has very little knowledge of the case, although she initially followed it. No cable TV; “not that into” newspapers or TV. She does not own a computer. Rating the death penalty as ten on a scale of one to ten, she would have no problem deciding on LWOP (Life without Opportunity for Parole) or the death penalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime