Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 09:51 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,762,331 times

Advertisements

I must first admit I did not follow the case as closely as most here did. Now having admitted that I will say that from what I got out of it when the verdict was read was total and utter shock!

Why the hell didn't the Prosecutors try to show that her not reporting Caylee missing is what makes her at the very least responsible for her death. Had this idiot reported her child missing immediately the authorities could have found her and saved her. Why because she was banking on claiming she thought Caylee was with the made up Zanny the nanny. As soon as it was proven that the nanny didn't exist that's when they should have shown her guilt because what Mother doesn't check up on her child when with a nanny or babysitter. Her going out partying every night would only have been seen as her believing her child was safe with the nanny she claimed to believe her child was safe with. That was going to be her story. Unfortunately they still couldn't use her going out partying even when they knew she was full of baloney about the nanny because she did that even when that sweet innocent child was alive. Having the baby didn't stop her from going out when she wanted most of the time.

Have I got this right? well I can't say for sure. I am just shocked so very shocked she got off and I didn't even get to follow that closely yet even I could see she was and still is at the very least guilty of her death just by not reporting her missing. It doesn't prove she did the actual murder but goddammit they could have at least held her responsible for her death in that way.

The worst of it is that Caylee has not gotten justice for her murder and her Mother will eventually have another baby. I wouldn't be surprised if she did a reality show with a new baby to show the public this time this child is safe. If people don't watch the movies, read the books or have anything to do with this case no matter who writes it, plays it then she won't win. I for one will never ever watch, read anything about this case because I refuse to let her or her screwball family win in the end.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:52 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,273,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Excellent, a jury of Casey's "peers". After all, she is not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box, or the brightest bulb on the tree...pick your analogy...she is an unemployed, high school drop-out. Dumb as a box of rocks, who out of sheer dumb luck, got a jury of people as collectively intelligent as a herd of sheep. I don't see Casey as intelligent, she killed her child out of spite, jealousy, and as a spoiled child who was missing the party because of Caylee. She made up a complete imaginary life, not because she was smart, but because she did not have a real life. She is not smart, she just got lucky.
Just out of curiosity, where did you learn that Casey was not intelligent? Everything I've read speaks to high intelligence. It is one of the reasons she is able to lie in such an elaborate and thorough manner.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:02 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,328,798 times
The prosecution had the problem of feeling like this was a slam dunk. That is why they went with the death penalty. They did not dumb it down to simplest terms, because they assumed that anyone would condem a Mother who behaved like that.

They ahould have pounded the child neglect charge, at the least, if the child is dead, no matter if it was an accident, any Mother would call authorities.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,498,055 times
Quote:
The prosecution had the problem of feeling like this was a slam dunk. That is why they went with the death penalty. They did not dumb it down to simplest terms, because they assumed that anyone would condem a Mother who behaved like that.

They ahould have pounded the child neglect charge, at the least, if the child is dead, no matter if it was an accident, any Mother would call authorities.
The state couldn't pound the child neglect charge for not reporting Caylee's death because they denied the whole drowning story. They couldn't say, 'What the heck, maybe Casey didn't murder her.'

Old 07-18-2011, 06:16 AM

Old 07-18-2011, 06:16 AM

33,524 posts, read 18,122,193 times
Baez told the jurors how to think.. and that is what they did.. Baez gave them explicit statements such as you can't convict if you don't know how she died... and that is what they built their verdict on.

The prosecution said it was a homicide because who would dump a body if it was an accident. The jurors did not want to connect dots ..they wanted baez's theorys of how to think.. that sums it up.

brainless jurors couldn't think on their own.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:36 AM

Sociopaths have excellent social skills, which makes people think they are smarter than they really are.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,273,790 times
Quote:
Sociopaths have excellent social skills, which makes people think they are smarter than they really are.
Maybe, maybe not.

Intelligence doesn't equal morality anyway so I don't know why people are so intent on believing she is sub-intelligent.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:03 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,468,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Yup, he was the foreman. Crap for brains.
Can you believe this idiot [juror and jury foreman] is a school teacher?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,080,698 times
two things---sociopaths are extremely skillful at lying and not necessarily intelligent(if the anthony skank was she would have completed school easily)

has anyone considered that maybe the jury was tampered with in some fashion????

OR CHECKED INTO THE ANTHONY'S TIES IN OTHER PLACES THAN ORLANDO?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime