Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 05:30 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm just glad she is GONE from Orlando. The whole air feels better.
But ... she could still be in Orlando. After leaving the jail they entered the parking garage at Cheney Mason's office. After 3 hours a number of cars departed at the same time to avoid media following all of them. So who knows she could be in Orlando.

She won't stay in hiding long. She won't be able to stand it as she loves the attention. She has gone from daily crowds and people hugging her and dwelling totally on Casey for many weeks. I am sure wherever she is she is not sitting in solitaire. Do you think they gave her a cell phone and computer for her "welcome to the real world." LOL

She is free but I am sure Baez is in total control. The ABC TV payment of $200,000.00 for the videos of pictures of Caylee Marie was sent to Baez office. When the IRS served the Federal Tax Notice it was sent to Baez office.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
There is an investigation underway about jury tampering. Law enforcement has not said who is the focus of this investigation.

It's not jury tampering but witness tampering. The Orange County Sheriff's Dept is investigating. They will not say which witnesses. When first announced Cindy Anthony was included but then the DA's Office announced Cindy would not be charged.

Casey Anthony Case Authorities Investigating Witness Tampering Claims

Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Wanna bet?
Did you read the 26 pages of Jury Instructions that Judge Perry read to the jury and they each received a copy? Jury Instructions 26 Pages (http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2011-07/177483200-04090136.pdf - broken link)

If you will recall this was suppose to be done on Saturday afternoon. They arranged a noon telephone call and Jeff Ashton commented he could sleep until 11:55. They did not get this done and Judge Perry was upset. Judge Perry called them all into his chambers and they had to work on the instructions and court was in recess for hours. After they decided upon what they wanted included the court clerk or reporter whoever was in the meeting had to type the thing up. It held up court for hours and Judge Perry wasn't a happy judge at all.

Regardless of what you are saying, this was the instructions per Judge Perry and agreed upon by the Defense and Prosecution.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:03 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I think that this document was too complicated for the jurors. And I have no idea how they had lunches, and voted for a foreperson, and went thru this entire document completely in the short time that they deliberated. They did not request to review any evidence at all...I find that very suspect.

Last edited by jasper12; 07-18-2011 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: edit.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
It's not jury tampering but witness tampering. The Orange County Sheriff's Dept is investigating. They will not say which witnesses. When first announced Cindy Anthony was included but then the DA's Office announced Cindy would not be charged.

Casey Anthony Case Authorities Investigating Witness Tampering Claims
You are quite right, thanks for the correction....

Old 07-19-2011, 12:41 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Did you read the 26 pages of Jury Instructions that Judge Perry read to the jury and they each received a copy? Jury Instructions 26 Pages (http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2011-07/177483200-04090136.pdf - broken link)
Yes, I've read it and referred other people to it more than once.

Also just FYI, jury instructions are fairly uniform for the state of Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think that this document was too complicated for the jurors.
Are you serious? Granted, I am exponentially smarter than the average person, but everything in that document is extremely clear to me and it only took me a few minutes to read the whole thing.

Quote:
They did not request to review any evidence at all...I find that very suspect.
What evidence do you think they should have reviewed?

Old 07-19-2011, 05:16 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Wanna bet?

The jurors didn't have to know the cause of death of every detail,yet they with their own words said they had to know... Baez led them to believe this .... all they had to know is if it was a homicide and all the evidence, duct tape , dumping the body points to murder.This is called manner of death. It was a homicide.

Nothing pointed to accident at all. Nothing. It was a murder case and the actions of Casey proves she lied to cover the murder with detailed lies to throw everyone off the track of the murder-- very strong evidence..

Old 07-19-2011, 06:04 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I read that 90% of people believe that the Casey Anthony verdict was incorrect. It would be interesting for there to be some sort of review on this case to see if there were flaws, obviously, if the jurors felt that they had no other choice, it would be interesting to see how their thought process went into the conclusion that was decided. If there is a well written book on analyzing this case, and having an in depth interview with the jurors, that is a book I would definitely buy.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:23 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The jurors didn't have to know the cause of death of every detail, yet they with their own words said they had to know...

Baez led them to believe this .... all they had to know is if it was a homicide and all the evidence, duct tape , dumping the body points to murder.This is called manner of death. It was a homicide.
Really?

Quote:
To prove the crime of First Degree Premeditated Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

2. The death was caused by the criminal act of Casey Marie Anthony.

3. There was a premeditated killing of Caylee Marie Anthony.
Without knowing how Caylee died, how do you prove this beyond a reasonable doubt, especially with the defenses admission of drowning being taken into consideration?

Quote:
To prove the crime of First Degree Felony Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

2. The death occurred as a consequence of and while Casey Marie Anthony was engaged in the commission of Aggravated Child Abuse.

Or

The death occurred as a consequence of and while Casey Marie Anthony was attempting to commit Aggravated Child Abuse.

3. Casey Marie Anthony was the person who actually killed Caylee Marie Anthony.
Again, same question. How do you prove this without knowing how Caylee died.

Quote:
To prove the crime of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child, the State must prove the following two elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

2. Casey Marie Anthony’s act(s) caused the death of Caylee Marie Anthony.

Or

The death of Caylee Marie Anthony was caused by the culpable negligence of Casey Marie Anthony.
And again. Hell, just apply the same question to the manslaughter and 2nd/3rd degree murder charges.

Quote:
Nothing pointed to accident at all.
Nothing refutes it either.

Quote:
the actions of Casey proves she lied to cover the murder with detailed lies to throw everyone off the track of the murder-- very strong evidence..
We know Casey lied. Unfortunately for you and the prosecution the "lie = murder" logic...while not completely without merit...has gaps in it somewhat equivalent to the spacial differences between galaxies. That's not going to get you a conviction in a court of law, especially with a jury that holds the prosecution to a strict standard.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:26 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Really?

Without knowing how Caylee died, how do you prove this beyond a reasonable doubt, especially with the defenses admission of drowning being taken into consideration?

Again, same question. How do you prove this without knowing how Caylee died.

And again. Hell, just apply the same question to the manslaughter and 2nd/3rd degree murder charges.

Nothing refutes it either.

We know Casey lied. Unfortunately for you and the prosecution the "lie = murder" logic...while not completely without merit...has gaps in it somewhat equivalent to the spacial differences between galaxies. That's not going to get you a conviction in a court of law, especially with a jury that holds the prosecution to a strict standard.
It is not that she lied.. it is why and what she lied about.. the whereabouts of Caylee for 31 days.. and the fact Caylee was found dead. Dead. Use your common sense..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime