Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 04:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Are you kidding? Two masters degrees, married to someome in law enforcement for 15 years, I don't even get to sut down before I am disqualified.
In most cases defense lawyers would be rather quick to strike those with a background in law enforcement from the jury pool, so no, I am not kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
That is not necessarily true. If you want logic, you already got that. But, because you seem to be beyond compassion, you will not understand the rest of what others are saying (beyond logic). It is apparent you are not concerned with any gray areas. Not everything is so black and white. Just let people have their compassion for life. Most already know the reasons why the jury (like it or not) gave the verdict they did.
What compassion, exactly, do you feel should be in play here?

Old 07-25-2011, 05:33 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Me too Ivory ... looking back over it she was a pawn in the Anthonys sick game. Casey vs Caylee in the battle for Cindy's attention. In addition Casey having to live in the home with her parents telling her what she could and could not do ... not that it did any good.

Who do you think placed Caylee in the trash bags and dumped her on Suburban Drive?????
My guess is Casey. She seems like the type to toss a child in the trash. The only person who matters to Casey is Casey. I'm not sure she's particularly violent but I think she'd take care of anyone or anything that got in her way. Throughout all of this what we never saw from her was grief over losing her daughter. She just didn't care. I think she's cold and methodical. She may not have intended to kill Caylee but once dead, I think she was able to dispose of the body like trash because it was trash to her.

My thoughts...obviously nothing has been proven but Casey does not strike me as a caring mother. I've seen caring mothers grieve the loss of a child and they don't act like she did.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,961,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
My guess is Casey. She seems like the type to toss a child in the trash. The only person who matters to Casey is Casey. I'm not sure she's particularly violent but I think she'd take care of anyone or anything that got in her way. Throughout all of this what we never saw from her was grief over losing her daughter. She just didn't care. I think she's cold and methodical. She may not have intended to kill Caylee but once dead, I think she was able to dispose of the body like trash because it was trash to her.

My thoughts...obviously nothing has been proven but Casey does not strike me as a caring mother. I've seen caring mothers grieve the loss of a child and they don't act like she did.
I believe that too. Backing her car into the driveway, borrowing a shovel from a neighbor they never spoke to or had anything to do with. Couldn't dig a grave with all the bamboo roots. So she tossing Caylee back in the trunk.

I do believe it was an accident. Knocking Caylee out so she could go out with Tony L and the friends. She probably got the idea from her ex-boyfriend Ricardo Morales. He thought the picture he posted on his My Space was funny ... "Win Her Over With Chloroform."

Old 07-25-2011, 11:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
In most cases defense lawyers would be rather quick to strike those with a background in law enforcement from the jury pool, so no, I am not kidding.

What compassion, exactly, do you feel should be in play here?
If you have to ask that question, then case closed. Duh.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Humor me.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:24 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Humor me.
Humor would require an emotion.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Humor would require an emotion.
So you have nothing? Ok.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:15 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
I must say this is a rare case where I don't feel compassion for any of the 3 main actors--- Casey, George, Cindy...

compassion: - sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it.

- a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

I suppose in a vague, general way other family members and friends are suffering the loss of Caylee, but they've been so marginal in this case, I can't say I feel much of anything for them.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:55 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
Too bad the Anthony family circled the wagons to protect Casey, I believe that motive could have been easily established, and been more credible, if the prosecution had gone into Anthony family dynamics, I believe Caylee was the pawn, between Cindy and Casey. And I am sure that there were plenty of people who could have testified to that, we saw glimpses of the dynamic in some testimony.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:41 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Too bad the Anthony family circled the wagons to protect Casey, I believe that motive could have been easily established, and been more credible, if the prosecution had gone into Anthony family dynamics, I believe Caylee was the pawn, between Cindy and Casey. And I am sure that there were plenty of people who could have testified to that, we saw glimpses of the dynamic in some testimony.
Interesting dynamic there. Casey is the only one who seems to count to all of them including Casey. They all strike me as more concerned with appearances than what is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.