Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,582,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
That is a good point about the taxpayers not having to pay the huge costs of appeals in a death case. If someone gets the death penalty, there is an automatic appeal and the state pays for it.

Also a good point about having the celebration in a less public place. That probably would have been better.

I like to think that maybe this horrific experience of being on trial for her life will motivate her to change. Can you really imagine how scary it would be to be on trial for your life, knowing that a jury could ultimately send you to be executed?!! I think maybe this experience has caused her to grow up a lot. Seems to me that she really was pretty naive. The people she hung out with were not uneducated, irresponsible people who were drug addicts and never worked. She is young, very young. Young people still have the capacity to change the direction of their lives. I would prefer to think that something positive could come out of this tradegy, and if Casey Anthony grew up, had a big change in the direction of her life, that would be positive. NOTHING can bring back Caylee. NOTHING. All the bad things in the world could happen to Casey Anthony and it will would not bring back Caylee. In fact, if Casey ends up not turning her life around, and mired in more mud, that would be the worst possible outcome for Caylee.
It helped OJ only for how long? I don't expect Casey to change....but the interesting next question will be...

Where will Casey stay when she get set free...?
Neighbors already came on tv wishing she won't be back in their neighborhood. The parents who she accused of "nice" things would "love" to have her home again....maybe she wants to call Tony first.

With this verdict it will make her feel "entitled" and proud of being able to fool everybody and she will feel that the entire world will believe George was there when Caylee drowned...she will feel bigger than life.

Soon she will change her appearance perhaps get some plastic surgery from money that comes in and going out to party. In her jail letters she wrote she wants to get pregnant a.s.a.p. when she gets out!

This is not the last we will hear of this Not Guilty Casey...but as Jasper said...Not guilty doesn't mean she is innocent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,942,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Who paid for the Baez attorney? Was it Casey's parents?

And, I thought that the Zenaida person was a fabrication (Zannie the nanny).
There is an actual person in Orlando who has the name. She doesn't know Casey or anything....but her life was just about ruined initially when her name hit the media. I'm not sure how strong her law suit is since if I said Joe Brown took my kid, could every other Joe Brown out there sue me? So, again, not sure how these things are determined.

What it will mean is that Casey will have to be in Orlando and quite frankly....she isn't safe here. She will be harassed, cussed at, things thrown at her and God knows what. (Not that she doesn't deserve it.)

Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 AM

14,561 posts, read 22,984,963 times
The civil case will likely be about as successful as the criminal trial.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:45 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,208,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It helped OJ only for how long? I don't expect Casey to change....but the interesting next question will be...

Where will Casey stay when she get set free...?
Neighbors already came on tv wishing she won't be back in their neighborhood. The parents who she accused of "nice" things would "love" to have her home again....maybe she wants to call Tony first.

With this verdict it will make her feel "entitled" and proud of being able to fool everybody and she will feel that the entire world will believe George was there when Caylee drowned...she will feel bigger than life.

Soon she will change her appearance perhaps get some plastic surgery from money that comes in and going out to party. In her jail letters she wrote she wants to get pregnant a.s.a.p. when she gets out!

This is not the last we will hear of this Not Guilty Casey...but as Jasper said...Not guilty doesn't mean she is innocent!
What? Say it isn't so!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:53 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,208,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
That is a good point about the taxpayers not having to pay the huge costs of appeals in a death case. If someone gets the death penalty, there is an automatic appeal and the state pays for it.

Also a good point about having the celebration in a less public place. That probably would have been better.

I like to think that maybe this horrific experience of being on trial for her life will motivate her to change. Can you really imagine how scary it would be to be on trial for your life, knowing that a jury could ultimately send you to be executed?!! I think maybe this experience has caused her to grow up a lot. Seems to me that she really was pretty naive. The people she hung out with were not uneducated, irresponsible people who were drug addicts and never worked. She is young, very young. Young people still have the capacity to change the direction of their lives. I would prefer to think that something positive could come out of this tradegy, and if Casey Anthony grew up, had a big change in the direction of her life, that would be positive. NOTHING can bring back Caylee. NOTHING. All the bad things in the world could happen to Casey Anthony and it will would not bring back Caylee. In fact, if Casey ends up not turning her life around, and mired in more mud, that would be the worst possible outcome for Caylee.
You have a very optimistic outlook. When it comes to Casey Anthony, I am much more pessimistic. I consider her a sociopath (even if by some miracle she had nothing to do with Caylee's death) from her lying and stealing all in a totally self-centered fog to get what she wants for herself. Only Casey matters to Casey. She will throw everyone else under the bus when it comes to the "great I am." Look how she did her father and brother. Sociopaths don't change for the better because they can't. It's hardwired in their brains. They can only feel for themselves, not others. Other people are not loved or seen as having any rights. To them other people are tools to use to get what they want OR obstacles to be eliminated if other people prevent them from getting what they want.

I agree with the people that say she's going to be in the news again and in trouble with the law again, even after this close call with the death penalty. Take a look at another sociopath who had a very serious brush with the law for the death of another person (Natalee Holloway) ... Joran van der Sloot. Look where he ended up. I don't see any changes in personality and behavior for the better when it comes to Casey Anthony either.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:22 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,577,071 times
I don't think Casey Anthony will be a good target of any law suit reallt. As they say trying to get blood out of a turnip.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM

59 posts, read 41,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't think Casey Anthony will be a good target of any law suit reallt. As they say trying to get blood out of a turnip.
It would prevent her from writing a book or memoir about the trial and receiving a profit from it. But, as of this moment, no one has standing to sue her.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:39 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,930,761 times
The real genuine Zenaida Rodriguez Gonzalez has filed a lawsuit against Casey Anthony trial scheduled for late August. This woman never heard of the Anthonys, she never lived in the Sawgrass apts. Her life became hell when the lie came out that she kidnapped Caylee. News media and people shouting at her around her home, people spitting on her, she had to change her phone number because of the threatening calls. This lady couldn't go out of her home.

This was caused by the lie Casey told. Yuri Melich and the detectives did a search for a Zenaida Rodreguez Gonzalez and came up with 13 hits across the USA. Only one in Florida.

But ... there is no money! When Casey Anthony sells all the photos, videos, writes her book, does her mini series movie or joins a TV show perhaps then there will be money. Thus far Baez has pocketed every penny Casey received.

Casey Anthony was declared indigent in March of 2010.

6:50 pm EDT March 19, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Taxpayers are going to have to pay Casey Anthony's defense bills. The court officially declared her indigent Friday afternoon.

Here is her application for indigence: Application

And this is the court order: Court Order

During the Indigence hearing Baez told the judge they had brought in a total of $275,000 for Casey's defense. Baez had already filed paperwork with the clerk indicating he got $90,000 of it for his fee and co-counsel Andrea Lyon got $22,500, but used all of that for expenses, and that he paid public relations woman Marti Mackenzie $10,000.

Behind closed doors, Baez apparently explained how he spent the other $152,500 that was left.

Baez reluctantly revealed Thursday in court that he had gotten $200,000 through Casey's deal with ABC for Casey's photos and videos of Caylee, $5,000 from a donor he didn't disclose and another $70,000 through an unusual contribution from his former co-counsel.

Judge Grants Casey Anthony's Indigent Status - News Story - WFTV Orlando

In addition the IRS has filed a Federal Tax Lien against Casey Anthony in the amount of $68,520.41. The lien was filed on May 17 in Osceola County and lists her address at 522 Simpson Road, her attorney Jose Baez's Kissimmee office.

IRS Files Tax Lien

Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,984,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The real genuine Zenaida Rodriguez Gonzalez has filed a lawsuit against Casey Anthony trial scheduled for late August. This woman never heard of the Anthonys, she never lived in the Sawgrass apts. Her life became hell when the lie came out that she kidnapped Caylee. News media and people shouting at her around her home, people spitting on her, she had to change her phone number because of the threatening calls. This lady couldn't go out of her home.

This was caused by the lie Casey told. Yuri Melich and the detectives did a search for a Zenaida Rodreguez Gonzalez and came up with 13 hits across the USA. Only one in Florida.

But ... there is no money! When Casey Anthony sells all the photos, videos, writes her book, does her mini series movie or joins a TV show perhaps then there will be money. Thus far Baez has pocketed every penny Casey received.
The problem is that Casey (to my recollection) never publicly spoke of Gonzalez's supposed involvement. That took place in private conversations with her parents and police which was then made public.

Unfortunately for her, I don't think she has much of a case.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:27 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,930,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
The problem is that Casey (to my recollection) never publicly spoke of Gonzalez's supposed involvement. That took place in private conversations with her parents and police which was then made public.

Unfortunately for her, I don't think she has much of a case.
Maybe not, LEO was investigating a 'missing person' case at the time. But the Gonzalez's lawsuit hasn't been thrown out yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime