Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:40 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,599,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
You know, she can only get a lot of $$$ IF THE JURY AGREES WITH HER CLAIMS and think she deserves that money. As we have just seen, juries have a way of following the law rather than emotion.

"Mental anguish"???

Yes, I've been watching and hearing the long list of problems this woman has to deal with after she is released. Btw, you cannot be put in prison for not paying taxes, but you can the imprisoned if you attempted to defraud the IRS by not filing. I'm sure that issue has been dealt with already since a tax lien has been filed.

I think all those people who VOLUNTEERED to search will not have a basis for suing her.
I believe they have a case...they were misled by Casey, since she knew all along that her child was dead....Baez made that statement in court...that is on the record! He didn't say he was going to proof that, but he stated that Casey knew that from day one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:41 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,252,442 times
I think I heard she is Puerto Rican, but was that one of Casey's stories?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
The problem is that Casey (to my recollection) never publicly spoke of Gonzalez's supposed involvement. That took place in private conversations with her parents and police which was then made public.

Unfortunately for her, I don't think she has much of a case.
That might be the case but Zanaida was investigated by the police and that leaked out. Zanaida had filled out an application at the Sawgrass apartment complex that is where Casey saw her name and info.

By not disclosing that from day1 Casey knew that Caylee had drowned which is now their story she put Zanaida in this position and she deserves to be compensated from the money Baez and Casey will make...

Btw I'm not sure if Baez didn't bring the Zanaida story out in the public or the parents but if so it was still Casey who made it up and was the cause of it..

the police had to bring certain stories out to the public to get all the help they needed to find a living Kidnapped Caylee...Wasn't it Cindy who also brought it out in the public due to Casey telling this story...so again it all comes down to what Casey said!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 08:18 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,934,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think I heard she is Puerto Rican, but was that one of Casey's stories?

Or she could be in New York or North Carolina ... all they had to do was listen to Casey she tried to tell them! They just wouldn't let Casey tell her story (per jailhouse tape.)

But .... 12 people fell for her lies ... hook, line and sinker.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM

5,327 posts, read 8,505,864 times
I think there should be a correction to the title of this thread - in the civil case, they will be able to ASK for a lot of money.....

but able to collect it ...... Casey Anthony doesn't have any money to collect at this point.

As of today, she is what is called "judgment proof" - ie, broke.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 PM

288 posts, read 167,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I believe they have a case...they were misled by Casey, since she knew all along that her child was dead....Baez made that statement in court...that is on the record! He didn't say he was going to proof that, but he stated that Casey knew that from day one.
Well, we'll all find out soon as the case progresses. It's not long until July 19th already. Surely there will be a lot of publicity about that case as it moves along.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:30 AM

Baez already hired a big shot NY publicity company...I wonder how many people are waiting for him to get the good deals and sue him and Casey....perhaps he didn't expect that when he took the case and dragged all their names through the mud!

Old 07-08-2011, 06:42 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,595,249 times
I did not follow this case as some did but, I read a good bit of it. I was not happy about the document dumps but those were done under the Freedom of Information etc, were they not ?

I felt she was guilty from the start of harming her child, whether by accident, carelessness or deliberately.....she was the guilty party. I believe she is a narcissistic (sp) personality and I believe, hopefully, that she will come to no good end. Justice will be served for Caylee, eventually...What is that old saying.....(paraphrased) "the wheels of justice grind slowly but, exceedingly fine....."

Old 07-08-2011, 06:45 PM

8,804 posts, read 21,221,088 times
I thought that the nanny was supposed to be an imaginary person.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I thought that the nanny was supposed to be an imaginary person.
Yes, after she saw the name of a paper...sometimes even Casey needs some help to create the next "imaginary" person as Baez calls it...

I don't think Casey ever called it that....To me Baez himself is seeing some ghost and likes to believe what he wants and what will bring in publicity...

I'm not even sure if he was doing it for the money but more to keep himself in the spot lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime