Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:17 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,348,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If they play it right and not much proof is needed in a civil suit, then this lady might collect lots of money from book deals, movie deals that Baez hopes to get for his work to get her off.

Zaneid's life was ruined by Casey's lies....unless baez is going to use George & Cindy as the people collecting the money for the book deal, otherwise they will collect a lot of money from casey for this. Remember OJ was not guilty and lost a civil suit.

Morgan & Morgan the laughing 3rd party...for the people!

this woman is a JOKE first off the person was fictional and did not exist and did not hve anything to do with this lady since she was not apart of the trial. What a Douche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Baez already hired a big shot NY publicity company...I wonder how many people are waiting for him to get the good deals and sue him and Casey....perhaps he didn't expect that when he took the case and dragged all their names through the mud!

Baez already had a PR firm before this case. this man is a EXCELLENT and very good lawyer and I am sure he will out fox them all

Old 07-12-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Who paid for the Baez attorney? Was it Casey's parents?

And, I thought that the Zenaida person was a fabrication (Zannie the nanny).

He was court appointed and she now owes 90 for his services .

Zannie was a fictional person CA made up and some woman with a name close to it is trying to make some money off of this case.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,604,028 times
How can you explain the coincidence of Casey stating where Zanaida lives and a person by that name had applied for an appartment around the same date. The entire name was the same. Same background, etc.

Too bad for Casey that in a cicil suit less evidence is needed.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
How can you explain the coincidence of Casey stating where Zanaida lives and a person by that name had applied for an appartment around the same date. The entire name was the same. Same background, etc.

Too bad for Casey that in a cicil suit less evidence is needed.
My understanding it was a fictional person that did not know or have anything to do with the ANthonys or anyone tied to this case.

well how did this case harm ZG/ So she claims? Does she have any proof that this case did anything harmful to her life? NO! SHe is just trying to make money off of a dead persons case.

Read she is a single mother with six children from six different fathers. Sounds to me she willl do anything for a lil fame and money.

Last edited by 30STM; 07-12-2011 at 04:02 AM..

Old 07-12-2011, 06:30 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,604,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
My understanding it was a fictional person that did not know or have anything to do with the ANthonys or anyone tied to this case.

well how did this case harm ZG/ So she claims? Does she have any proof that this case did anything harmful to her life? NO! SHe is just trying to make money off of a dead persons case.

Read she is a single mother with six children from six different fathers. Sounds to me she willl do anything for a lil fame and money.
Even if she 6 kids from 6 fathers, than still she is a better person then the one who leaves her child and goes to party for 31 days and has proven to be lying to the cops....I'm not even stating that she killed Caylee although I believe she did it.

Zaneida was at the apartment complex where Casey pointed out she lived...what a coincidence that the person with the same name is living there or had filled out the application that Casey had seen....

The woman lost her job due to Casey's lie, was threatened because everybody was looking for Caylee who was last seen with Zanny the Nanny!...according to lying Casey...this time I hope she will pay for her lies.

But then again she might get the 3x is a charm...

Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,256,775 times
I have a feeling, with a jury trial in Orange County, or any county... that whatever the maximum penalty that can be put on Casey will be done so, with a vengence. It may not be correct, but that is what happened to OJ, and in Vegas as well...

The one thing Casey DEFINITELY does not want to do is get in front of any judge, for anything in the next 20 years...because she will get the maximum.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:29 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,896,107 times
The burden of proof in a civil case is fairly low. They already have proof that Casey "crossed paths" with Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez at the apartment complex Casey claims Zenaida lived at. The fact is that Zanaida looked at apartments there but never lived there.

Considering another woman of the same name has never been identified--let alone being associated with that apartment complex, it's pretty evident that Casey "stole" Zanaida's identity and lied about her being Caylee's babysitter.

The big question is damages. First, I doubt a judge will allow this to go to trial without court ordered mediation. The mediator is most likely going to suggest a $5-50K payment for "mental anguish," (depending on whether she was under the care of a doctor or therapist or not) and whatever the average amount of her annual tax returns for the three years prior to her name being dragged into the Casey case times three, plus unreimbursed medical bills directly related to the cause of action. I'm guessing the total payout will be under $150K. perhaps well under that amount. If they can't settle in mediation, I doubt a jury will give her more than that, and they might give her nothing.

Not that I think Casey is credible, but I think Zenaida is making some claims that are pretty hard to substantiate. She claims to have lost her job as a result--she'll need to prove that it was because of the case and not because she was going to be fired or laid off to begin with. She was also technically "homeless" already, living in a hotel room. She also claims she couldn't find another job, c'mon. She was a cleaning crew manager. You can't tell me she wasn't able to find a job cleaning houses or offices--those companies will hire just about anyone. Her life was a mess long before she crossed paths with Casey.

She also claims to have been ‘devastated’ and ‘traumatized’ which she better be able to prove with records from a doctor or therapist to get more than a few thousand out of it.

As for the claim that she was harrassed by the police, I don't think so. They certainly investigated her, but I tend to doubt they were anything more than 100% professional and even sympathetic, especially after it became apparent that she was the wrong person. The police didn't want to waste her time any more than their own. They never put her in handcuffs, never made a public accusation against her, never pointed a gun at her kids, never tore her hotel room up executing a search warrant--in fact I'm not sure they ever even searched her home. Hardly what you'd call "harassment."

Bottom line, Zenaida appears to be just another person searching for their 15 minutes of fame and a fast train to riches. I don't find her particularly sympathetic, and definitely not someone who I think had more than cursory damages.

Do I think she deserves "something" for her "troubles," yes. I do believe that Casey saw her name and was perhaps intrigued by it and tucked it away in her brain for later use. I do believe that Casey's lies did cause Zenaida some stress and inconvenience. But I don't see where she's entitled to a pot of gold as a result.

The average person wouldn't have hired a grandstanding lawyer that loves to run his clients name through the press which only adds fuel to the fire, but instead a law firm that would have advised her to lay low and stay out of the spotlight. The way I see it, John Morgan kept her name in the media. He made a bigger deal out of it than had been made to begin with. He didn't help her cause, he damaged it.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:53 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,645,005 times
Was her middle name Fernandez and was her mothers name "Gloria"?
That is how Casey will win, she covered herself like she always does.
Or was "Gloria" the mother of another one of the imaginary friends?
I just can't keep the "relatives" straight.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:00 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,921,707 times
I feel she has a case 'SLANDER' and can sue but not sure she is going to see much since C.A. does not have a penny to her name at the moment and any offers she did get are starting to diminish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime