Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:44 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times

Advertisements

Saw on the news that due to people pushing, shoving, and cutting in line a brawl broke out between spectators who wanted seats in the courtroom.

Maybe they need to take away the seats or due a lottery.

Classy place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
And that for watching the remains...not very respectful and very sad for the grandparents to witnesses this or hear about this.

Btw I believe the court is making a mistake by allowing this to happen...they should have dealt with the tickets in a different way.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And that for watching the remains...not very respectful and very sad for the grandparents to witnesses this or hear about this.

Btw I believe the court is making a mistake by allowing this to happen...they should have dealt with the tickets in a different way.

Well it is typical for Florida, a lack of planning.

Either do a lottery or have no spectators, end of problem.

It reminds me of how poorly the Orange County Sheriff's office handled issues at that Anthony's home in regards to crowds.

They finally wised up and blocked off the Anthony's street with police officers only allowing residents in.

Due to people showing up at the house and cursing and screaming at the Anthonys.

Must have been lovely for the neighbors.

Mostly people who looked like they belonged on the Jerry Springer show.

But it took them months to think about limiting access to the street, and this was after there had already been several physical altercations between the Anthony's, their neighbors, and people who showed up to protest.

Really made Orlando look good.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 PM

8 posts, read 12,350 times
The worst thing is that this little girl's life was ended. Will we ever know what really happened?

Old 06-11-2011, 09:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,891,640 times
These people are totaly sick!!!! They line up and prance around as if they were at a concert or football game or somthing like that. I dont understand some people, just the degenerates of the human race I guess. Why would you want to see theproceedings to the extent of getting up and being there by 1 AM???? Like I said, these people are sick. If they want to see the remains of a DEAD little child and them be excited and wave to the cameras with a big smile on their face as they enter the courhouse, then maybe they should be locked away as well

Not to mention its boring as hell. People I guess dont realize that a REAL trial isnt like law and order where the testimony and everything is SOOOOOO captivating. Its a long, drawn out process

Old 06-12-2011, 12:07 AM

And what do they do for a living that they can be there by 1am and wait in line for hours and then spend the entire day in the courtroom?

Most of them looked to be in their 30s. It wasn't retired people acting up in the line.

It was disgusting to see that behavior.

It's funny there is not one post on the Orlando board about the trial.

Maybe they're embarrassed by the locals behavior, they have reason to be.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:40 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
And what do they do for a living that they can be there by 1am and wait in line for hours and then spend the entire day in the courtroom?

Most of them looked to be in their 30s. It wasn't retired people acting up in the line.

Most of them don't do anything for a living. And you probably won't see a post in the Orlando forum unless it's related to the economic impact of the trial on Orlando.

The behavior of the folks in line reflects the general attitude of a lot of people these days - a sense of entitlement and a lack of respect for rules and authority. Certainly, you see evidence of this every day ?

Old 06-12-2011, 11:39 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,994 times
I saw some footage of the line of wannabe spectators and was suprised to see most were well dressed......usually in FL people think flip-flops, shorts, and tank tops are acceptable courtroom attire.

Reminds me of an article years ago where in Pasco County a defendent on a minor misdemeanor charge showed up in flip-flops, shorts and sleeveless scissor cut shirt that had an image of three scantily-clad women standing in the back of a lifted pick-up truck with the caption "Haulin A##". He got probation for the MM charge and 10 days County time for the shirt.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:09 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

why should orlando people be embarrassed? there were even people out of state who drove to see this trial

the only people who should be embarrassed are the people who got into the scuffle.

i agree with the poster that the trial has been boring, so i have only looked at it occasionally-although i did like the testimony of dr g.

she is a very bright woman with a lot of thoughtful observations. i don't think that casey anthony is going to get away with anything.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
why should orlando people be embarrassed? there were even people out of state who drove to see this trial

the only people who should be embarrassed are the people who got into the scuffle.

i agree with the poster that the trial has been boring, so i have only looked at it occasionally-although i did like the testimony of dr g.

she is a very bright woman with a lot of thoughtful observations. i don't think that casey anthony is going to get away with anything.
It is mostly locals.

And it wasn't just the scuffle, many of them were hooping and hollering like they were waiting to get into a concert or the Oprah show.

And it was locals who were going to the Anthony's house and getting into screaming and shouting matches with the family and their neighbors on a daily basis for weeks and weeks.

It got physical as well, even with the police standing right there.

It made the national news more than once.

Finally the Orange County Sheriff's dept had to put deputies at each end of the block and only allowed access to residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime