U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,820 posts, read 18,790,699 times
Reputation: 24495

Advertisements

Yep she will be a free woman by the end of july or begining of August so she only will have to do about five more weeks in jail and then she is done . By staying in jail she gained alot of time and that is the only reason she only has five more weeks in jail .Otherwise she would be doing 4 yrs in Lowell most likely .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
 
17,002 posts, read 20,679,321 times
Reputation: 33988
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Rubbish. The state could not even prove there was a crime. All we know for sure is a young girl died. We do not know how that transpired and we don't know if anyone was involved.

Juror#3 siad clearly., "We didn't even know if there was a crime committed"

Why the public continues to try to push another agenda. Here are the facts she is not guilty and any opinion otherwise is just that and not based on facts but emotion.

"We don't know if anyone is involved"...how did she end up in the woods with duct tape on her mouth?????

I guess the Caylee did it to herself huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,930 posts, read 19,151,835 times
Reputation: 9160
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
"We don't know if anyone is involved"...how did she end up in the woods with duct tape on her mouth?????
The duct tape was not on the mouth.

Quote:
I guess the Caylee did it to herself huh?
Someone obviously did that, you just don't know who.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 30,738,526 times
Reputation: 14583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
The duct tape was not on the mouth.

Someone obviously did that, you just don't know who.
Her mother knows but she's not saying. THAT should be a crime in of itself. While I understand why the jury had to deliver the verdict they did (except for the child abuse charge because failing to report your child missing is abuse IMO), I'd think they could have nailed her mother with more than just lying to the police given the only reasons to lie are that she did it or she knows who did it and is protecting them. Either way, she belongs in jail where she's not likely to have another baby.

I was hoping the jury would come back with manslaughter (there was no way they could have gotten first degree without a cause of death) because it is obvious the mother is involved in some way with her child's death. Either causing it herself or covering up after the fact. I wonder why there wasn't a charge of covering up a crime? We know she, at least, did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,786,494 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I don't know whether or not she murdered her child, that she actually intended to kill that little girl. I just cannot be sure. I've tried to look at this from the perspective of the many people who believe she is guilty of murder, and I just can't make the leap. In my gut, I feel that she accidentally killed her daughter. But I have no idea how. But there's no proof that she was killed accidentally either. I am very deeply conditioned to look at what takes place in a courtroom and make my decision based on that evidence alone. In this case, they just couldn't connnect the dots for me to come to the conclusion that she intentionally killed Caylee. I know there's so much information out there that the jury never heard which leads people to come to the conclusion that it was murder. But that information just doesn't convince me. I keep coming back to the thought that there are many possibilities of what could have happened. But we don't know for sure what happened. Even Casey's parents said in their public statement "we may never know what happened to Caylee."
I think a major problem is that too many people expect that " CSI effect " What exactly is it that would have made you say, yes shes guilty. You dont need a smoking gun to prove murder. Infact, if we only convicted people in cases where their was zero doubt, we would have very few convictions. Thats why they added that oh so important word " reasonaqble " doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
 
Location: right here
4,131 posts, read 4,778,416 times
Reputation: 4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I think a major problem is that too many people expect that " CSI effect " What exactly is it that would have made you say, yes shes guilty. You dont need a smoking gun to prove murder. Infact, if we only convicted people in cases where their was zero doubt, we would have very few convictions. Thats why they added that oh so important word " reasonaqble " doubt.
Yep that is why Scott Peterson is in prison right now....it's called connecting the dots...

I honestly feel bad for Casey's dad..don't be surprised if he takes his own life..I think has broken him as a person. I couldn't imagine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 05:17 PM
 
790 posts, read 1,466,146 times
Reputation: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Yep that is why Scott Peterson is in prison right now....it's called connecting the dots...

I honestly feel bad for Casey's dad..don't be surprised if he takes his own life..I think has broken him as a person. I couldn't imagine
Exactly. He was "tarred and feathered" by the defense team with bogus charges and his own daughter threw him under the bus. Poor guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 PM
 
25,881 posts, read 39,160,903 times
Reputation: 13870
In an interview with Vinnie 2 girls who sat in front of George and Cindy told Vinnie what they overheard from Cindy...if we believe hearsay.

It sounded like something Cindy could have said and again it shows that this family is different than most families.

IMO George is the only one who is closest to reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,607,095 times
Reputation: 58621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
The duct tape was not on the mouth.

Someone obviously did that, you just don't know who.
Of course it was an odd type of duct tape that hasn't been sold for years. The Anthony's just happened to have some of it left over in their garage.

As far as it not being on the mouth....could be because there were no longer any skin or lips for it to stick to. What they found though, was hair from the child on one of the pieces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
 
25,881 posts, read 39,160,903 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Of course it was an odd type of duct tape that hasn't been sold for years. The Anthony's just happened to have some of it left over in their garage.

As far as it not being on the mouth....could be because there were no longer any skin or lips for it to stick to. What they found though, was hair from the child on one of the pieces.
Isn't it sad that you had to explain that again....what are some people thinking or do they only listen to what they want to hear like to me the jurors did.

The female juror that spoke out this morning or yesterday evening came across and naive to me and like she already had made up her mind. Perhaps it is hard to sit there for hours and listen to everything....we had a change to listen to the reruns and walk away, stretch our legs, get a drink, or tape certain pieces...the jury didn't and I believe many of them didn't listen to many things and came to this unbelievable verdict.

I always wonder what if they were sitting on the other side as a parent of a child that is murdered and the defendent was sitting where Casey was sitting with the same story...only it was their child and Casey was the killer.

Would that change their outcome and would they hear than how strange this verdict is...I don't wish harm on them...but they dont' want to hear "told you so" if it was their child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top