U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 11:01 PM

288 posts, read 40,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I think a major problem is that too many people expect that " CSI effect " What exactly is it that would have made you say, yes shes guilty. You dont need a smoking gun to prove murder. Infact, if we only convicted people in cases where their was zero doubt, we would have very few convictions. Thats why they added that oh so important word " reasonaqble " doubt.
I don't watch CSI and I am well aware that the type of forensics on those shows is far from the reality.

What would have made me say yes? No reasonable doubt. Let me emphasize the word "reasonable." A cause of death would have been helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
There isn't one person involved in this case who thinks she is innocent. They simply didn't have enough physical evidence to convict her. So, this isn't about a bunch of psychological word play. If she was innocent or even just witnessed an accidental drowning, do you really think she would have sat in jail for three years without saying anything but lies to the authorities?

Seeing the truth AS IT IS isn't being biased or spoon fed. It's having the common sense of looking at the actions that took place.

I don't blame the jury. They did the best with what they apparently had....realizing they did not see and hear even all the courtroom stuff we did. But for people to say that she has been proven innocent is a bunch of crap.
I didn't say she is innocent. I'm pointing to the bogus "psychological profiles" of this woman being put out there by lay people who don't have any training, experience, or education in diagnosing people.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:23 AM

22,296 posts, read 17,040,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
I think people should leave her be. More crime does not make justice.
But people don't have to commit crimes to see some justice here.

If no one will hire her and no one will pay for her story, she lives her life broke. We have the power to punish without committing a crime. You can refuse to hire someone who was convicted of a felony and she was.

IMO, what we should do is pretend she doesn't exist. Don't listen to her story and let publishers know that if they pay her to publish a book or article, we will boycott their publications. At least, we can make sure she does not profit from her crimes.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

If no one will hire her and no one will pay for her story, she lives her life broke. We have the power to punish without committing a crime. You can refuse to hire someone who was convicted of a felony and she was.

IMO, what we should do is pretend she doesn't exist. Don't listen to her story and let publishers know that if they pay her to publish a book or article, we will boycott their publications. At least, we can make sure she does not profit from her crimes.
"Pretend she doesn't exist"..............tell that to Nancy Grace and HLN.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 PM

9,809 posts, read 3,097,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Jerry Springer show has offered Casey 1M to appear on the show.. but it has conditions to her appearance.
Casey Offered $1M For 'Springer' Appearance - Casey Anthony Murder Trial Extended Coverage News Story - WESH Orlando (http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28487775/detail.html - broken link)

Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,053,635 times
All of the evidence was circumstantial because Caylee's remains were nothing but bones. The prosecutors gave everything to the jury they had. I'm interested in why you think it was an accident as you mentioned in an earlier post. There's no evidence to that either. The police did the best they could; the prosecutors did the best they could with what they had. It wasn't enough for the jury, which is the basis for our justice system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Ashton does not know of all the cases of accidents in the world and how they were handled.. The statement, However, does say something about his abilities as a prosecutor. If it were so obvious, WHY couldn't he prove his case?

THINK about Ashton's statement. It is not as logical and reasonable as you think.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:53 PM

15,704 posts, read 21,100,274 times
A local lawyer just stated on the radio that he believes that Casey is already set free and that this is a way to let her out jail without any issues....I don't want to believe this but you never know....

Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 PM

4,624 posts, read 2,859,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
A local lawyer just stated on the radio that he believes that Casey is already set free and that this is a way to let her out jail without any issues....I don't want to believe this but you never know....
Belvin Perry would never be a part of that in my opinion.But I do think she will be released under cover of darkness on the 17th from another correctional location!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:38 PM

15,704 posts, read 21,100,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Belvin Perry would never be a part of that in my opinion.But I do think she will be released under cover of darkness on the 17th from another correctional location!
Let's wait and see....at this point we can expect anything and we already had the biggest shocker of 2011 up to date.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM

875 posts, read 802,540 times
when I see this pic, I think she didn't do it:
http://www.jillstanek.com/wp/wp-cont...83110_03_1.jpg

because they have all these negative pics of her all over the web, such as her making out with a girl, a guy grabbing her breast, and her dressing slutty... but her character doesn't foretell if she killed her daughter, yet she did party after her daughter went missing... There's also many unanswered questions about her case...

Overall, I hope people will leave her alone and not bother her, but instead help her rebuild her life into becoming a better person.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-11-2011 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: No hotlinking, please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime