U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 PM

973 posts, read 1,858,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
Its pretty sad that a law has to be created to force parents to report that their own child is dead or missing...HMM
This is exactly what I was going to say. I am a mother of 2 kiddos, a sweet, smart, 7yo boy who will be a 3rd grader this fall, & a spunky, tall, opinionated 6yo girl, who will be in 1st grade this fall. I'm not a perfect parent, but I'd just die if anything happened to them.

I will sign & post on FB. Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 11:34 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,901,398 times
In most staes you must report a death already.Also i most staes not reasonably reportig a child missing is child neglect.I don't thni it would change anyhtig here especaily not reprotig a accident. In all her different staement she never claim accident death. That wa sjust ****ut by her lawyer as well as the accusation of her father being a child molester. No evidence came forth. The worse part is I think it is clear her mother beleiev she used chlorofrm and killed the child and she knows her daughter better than anyone o the jury.Its kind of like the mother not being charged with perjury ;its just the legal system now days.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,759,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
In most staes you must report a death already.Also i most staes not reasonably reportig a child missing is child neglect.I don't thni it would change anyhtig here especaily not reprotig a accident. In all her different staement she never claim accident death. That wa sjust ****ut by her lawyer as well as the accusation of her father being a child molester. No evidence came forth. The worse part is I think it is clear her mother beleiev she used chlorofrm and killed the child and she knows her daughter better than anyone o the jury.Its kind of like the mother not being charged with perjury ;its just the legal system now days.
I agree. there seems to already be such laws on the books. Maybe phrased differently but still.
I for one, am sick to death of the laws named after kids (sorry) that pull the emotional heartstrings and get politicians names in the paper/tv whatever, so they can get votes.
This country is all but broke and still we are making new legislation that overlap already existing laws...and we paint it all with too broad a brush.
One hour to report your kid dead...sounds great... but I can think of scenerios where 1 hour wouldn't be enough time to do so. And I can "see" overzealous prosecutors who don't give a crap trying to make a name for themselves prosecuting in those instances even if common sense would dictate otherwise.
As for reporting your kid missing, yeah, I have seen many instances where if the police have reason to believe the child is a runaway, they won't really even bother looking.
Happened in my town with a girl my son knows. the family did most of the leg work putting up fliers, and begging for info...it was only after the police were derided several times in the paper that they took action.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:27 AM

11,151 posts, read 14,143,479 times
Moderator Note:

Please note that, no matter how worthy the cause, links to petitions -- and soliciting people to sign petitions -- are not allowed. If anyone wants the link, please request it from the OP via DM.

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,596,346 times
With the media now involved, it is easy to find the link through a quick Google search using the child's name and the word Petition.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,773,063 times
I apologize, I didn't know you had that rule.

Thank you GloryB - yes, the petitions are easily found through a Google search.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:21 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,703,820 times
'Caylee's law' petition goes viral with 250,000 signatures after Casey Anthony verdict

Look at this article, within one day...this is really interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime