U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you purchase magazines that pay Casey Anthony for interviews?
Yes, I'll pay to read the story 9 9.00%
No, They won't make a dime off of me 91 91.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,766,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Casey will only profit if the public buys what she is selling! The second part of your post is just creepy!
Unfortunately, they will buy. Not only did she get away with murder but she's about to become wealthy for having gotten away with murder. THAT bothers me more than the not guilty verdict. The verdict I understand given the tall hurdle of reasonable doubt but people paying her for her story and making her rich off of the death of her daughter really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I just pray there are no copy cat killings. Money and fame can be strong motivators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 04:48 PM

288 posts, read 133,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Unfortunately, they will buy. Not only did she get away with murder but she's about to become wealthy for having gotten away with murder. THAT bothers me more than the not guilty verdict. The verdict I understand given the tall hurdle of reasonable doubt but people paying her for her story and making her rich off of the death of her daughter really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I just pray there are no copy cat killings. Money and fame can be strong motivators.
Are you kidding? Copy cat "killings"? How in the world would anybody do a copy cat "killing" like this case?

Hey, you guys need to tell HLN to lay off the Casey Anthony drumbeat if you want the public to not buy into anything done by which Casey can benefit financially. They are keeping the public in a high state of frenzy over this thing, and that is what will motivate people to "buy" whatever is out there for sale. Of course, HLN probably won't pay much attention until their viewership drops.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,919,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Hey, you guys need to tell HLN to lay off the Casey Anthony drumbeat if you want the public to not buy into anything done by which Casey can benefit financially. They are keeping the public in a high state of frenzy over this thing, and that is what will motivate people to "buy" whatever is out there for sale. Of course, HLN probably won't pay much attention until their viewership drops.
I am not watching any further coverage on HLN about this case. While the case was going on I thought their coverage was overkill and now it's just getting into the realm of the ridiculous. The jury has spoken. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it turned out and we cannot change it.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM

672 posts, read 1,813,016 times
The only way I would read it is if the publisher could guarantee that it is 100% which will never happen because Casey Anthony is one master liar. (and I'd read it at the public library so as not to all financial support)

I would like to know where Caylee was all those times before the middle of June 2008 when Casey said she was with the nanny, the nanny that didn't exist.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:31 PM

706 posts, read 1,169,446 times
She's actually a convicted liar so what makes anyone think a book would be truthful?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:32 PM

3,092 posts, read 3,454,765 times
I will read the prosecutors' and cops' books, if they write any. I don't have any desire to read the self-serving statements of Casey Anthony.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 PM

25,909 posts, read 39,205,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I will read the prosecutors' and cops' books, if they write any. I don't have any desire to read the self-serving statements of Casey Anthony.
Do you think Baez will tell the truth? You better buy Ashtons book instead of that of Baez since Baez is not allowed to disclose any client/lawyer things...so what will he say...nothing new...better save your money or buy it on sale if you think you want to read a book with nothing new in it.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,769,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
The best thing that could happen is if the media did a 100% moratorium on any CA news coverage and she would just get zero attention at all.
Won't happen.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
You and I are very different. I could not, in good conscience, hand one cent of my money over to her. Unfortunately, there's no shortage of people like you who will so she'll end up rich. IMO that is the anithesis of justice for Caylee.
But it's ok for others to profit off the crime, right?

Old 07-08-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yes, what a way to support our constitution, our justice system and a sense of civic duty!

Refuse service to Americans who suspended their lives for close to two months to serve. What a crock of ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or