U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:29 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,227,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Your last paragraph says it all: she killed her daughter, she should at least have been found guilty of child neglect for not reporting Caylee missing, but I too believe in our justice system. It is the best in the world. Apparently we did not learn from the OJ trail.

Oh, BTW tell your wife, I hated old Goldman as well, or whatever his name was. I do think OJ was guilty, I just don't think he did it alone. .

Nita
My wife has never backed down from thinking that Goodman hired someone to play a game (serious game) and it got messed up. She didn't get to see any of the trial, as I did, saw it all, but she never thought that OJ did it. She still curses roundly when the name of Goodman comes up.

I was not convinced either way with OJ but I got at least as mad as my wife did with what the Goodmans managed to do to OJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, quite the opposite. I think we learned quite well from it.
Goodmans surely learned a lot from it. Maybe I should say earned not learned.

I don't know what you thought about the outcome of that trial but I thought it came out just as the two sides made it. I never did see those people prove that OJ did it and loved how Johnny took advantage of the glove thing as to the sizes.

Tonight I heard, now what's his name, the little white guy who did such a job on the prosecution. I loved what that man and Johnny did to those losers on the prosecution side.

Again, it is them threatening to sue the woman that I am talking about. Those people spent a lot of the group's money, personal money etc while they were in Florida looking for that body.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Wait!You think that Ron Goldmans' father hired somenone to kill his son and Nicole Simpson??Do you know how batcrazy that is!
Oh no. My wife thinks that Goldman hired someone to kill OJ and it got all messed up.

What I think is that some people who never should have been involved like the fool cop and the prosecutor who cost them the case didn't have any business there.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:40 PM

6,587 posts, read 6,825,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Oh no. My wife thinks that Goldman hired someone to kill OJ and it got all messed up.

What I think is that some people who never should have been involved like the fool cop and the prosecutor who cost them the case didn't have any business there.
I have no words! You and your wife sound like you are perfect for eachother!

Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,943,432 times
What I learned is that some people faced with a hero and the fact that his DNA in blood was at the swecen;even mixed with the vistims can believe what is really not creditable. that is that it was a mass conspiracy by police;civil tech and lab people to get OJ Simpson.Kind of reminds me of those who were anti-government believing that the Rosen's were not spies but victims of a mass conspiracy. Of course that disappeard after the Russian records where released.Some people who are bitter are easily lead to believe;read the true believer.Heck;the Nazi's did it to the majority of german's based on their bitterness after WWII.Most whare quite willing to believe it was a mass Jewsih conmspracy.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Is anyone else having difficulty understanding the premise of the OP? Is it to report that equifax press civil charges against Anthony (entirely within there right), the unfairness of the criminal trial (entirely unrelated to a civil case), or saying that the civil trial after a criminal trial envoked some sort of double jeapordy? What's the subject here?

I think he may be confused - a civil trial is not brought on by the state of florida, but by a private party.

"I wonder if they will manage to convince lawmakers that they must change the laws so that "the guilty" although not convicted will have to suffer, anyway."
-Are you saying you want a law to restrict a private party to bring suit against another private party?

"This controversy should bring lots of discussion from both sides of the political groups."
-How in the world could this be related to democrat vs. republican political agendas? (with that being said, I am sure the nutcases in the P&C forum of this site are blaming Obama and/or Bush for Anthony's aquital).
I was already to discuss this with you until your last sentence. In case you didn't know most of the progs hereabouts consider me one of those nutcases and I really wondered when someone would blame Bush.

Oh hell, I might as well try to explain to you since you seem to want to discuss. I expected to be landed on by people from both sides since this thing has nothing to do with politics.

It is the very thing you wanted to explain that really makes me mad about this whole thing. A court took a swing at OJ even though it was a criminal trial. Since they failed to get him then the Goldmans went after him in a civil suit and I don't like that at all. I see it as a you find him guilty and punish him or we will go at him in civil proceedings. How many millions of dollars did the Goldmans get from him although he was acquitted by a criminal court. They did get him for murder, didn't they? I don't think that a civil court should try anyone for murder. Actually I do see this as a form of double jeopardy.

It appears to me that if you have a black jury that lets a black go you can just work up a white jury and fine hell out of him. That whole thing stunk like hell to me.

Didn't I say that the Equisearch group was getting ready to sue him in a civil suit? I tried since they have already said it.

I do wonder if lawmakers in Florida will attempt to try to deal with this thing in trying to almost force a civil suit on those who are found not guilty by one jury. Surely not, but who knows these days?

I am saying that if those people manage to take everything that young woman gets for her story as the Goldmans did with OJ, yes it is wrong. Punishment for crime has to come from a trial court and not to a private party. I am listening to a group of lawyers talk about this as I type. They are saying that the civil suit will never get off the ground and that any money the woman gets out of all this has to be considered blood money, and nothing else. That is just what happened to OJ. I agree with these lawyers that the money, if there is some, and there sure will be some, should go to the State of Florida to help defray the costs of this trial and all the investigation. None of it should go to those people who went to search because that is what they do.

My statement about bringing on a lot of discussion wasn't meant to mean anything to do with politics. I surely expect all my friends to disagree with me at least as much as any progs.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 PM

12,292 posts, read 18,413,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
loved how Johnny took advantage of the glove thing as to the sizes...Tonight I heard, now what's his name, the little white guy who did such a job on the prosecution. I loved what that man and Johnny did to those losers on the prosecution side...Oh no. My wife thinks that Goldman hired someone to kill OJ and it got all messed up.
This thread just entered the twilight zone of the ultra-bizzare.
I am not even going to argue, I'm just saying...wow.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I'm confused-the only thing we learned form OJ's trial was..people in America are stupid and they seem to be picked for jury duty..

I'm so pissed about the Casey Anthony verdict I'm sick to my stomach...
What was learned from the OJ trial is that if you don't get someone in a criminal trial you can get even with him in a civil suit. You do know how many millions of dollars the Goldmans took from him, don't you?

How much blood money will various people get out of Casey?

Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why?

If somebody kills you, folks in the next state won't give a damn. It aint worth the ulcer.
Hey, man the media convicted this woman just as they did OJ and the jury failed to do what the media wanted. The accused in both trials didn't screw up, they just got all the screw ups from the prosecutors.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I was shocked to hear this juror stating that no proof of a murder was provided...sure the girl went into the swamp, put duct tape on her mouth and laid there for Roy Kronk to found her...while her mom was at party's, lying....and yet no murder has been proven.

The sadest thing is that this juror is teaching kids in school....!
Okay, now we go at each other proving to the people here who think I was pushing at something political as I say to you that there were 12 jurors and I thought they had a unanimous decision. Am I wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime