Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 02:32 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The biggest problem in our judicial system are the dumb assed jurors. I'm only saying that after I saw the quick interview with that one juror who said the state didn't prove that the child was murdered, but went on to say that this was an accident that was covered up like a murder. Do you get that? What an azz that guy is. So he says they didn't prove it was murder, but somehow led him to believe that the defense proved it was an accident... We have some bumbling idiots walking among us in this country....
Agreed--their " logic " is illogical, but for some people it's all they've got!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Is anyone else having difficulty understanding the premise of the OP? Is it to report that equifax press civil charges against Anthony (entirely within there right), the unfairness of the criminal trial (entirely unrelated to a civil case), or saying that the civil trial after a criminal trial envoked some sort of double jeapordy? What's the subject here?

I think he may be confused - a civil trial is not brought on by the state of florida, but by a private party.

"I wonder if they will manage to convince lawmakers that they must change the laws so that "the guilty" although not convicted will have to suffer, anyway."
-Are you saying you want a law to restrict a private party to bring suit against another private party?

"This controversy should bring lots of discussion from both sides of the political groups."
-How in the world could this be related to democrat vs. republican political agendas? (with that being said, I am sure the nutcases in the P&C forum of this site are blaming Obama and/or Bush for Anthony's aquital).

Old 07-07-2011, 02:57 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,634 times
Is the Casey Anthony trial turning political? HAHA! Wow, I've seen it all. I can hear it now during the presidential debates that are going to come up "Mr. President, how do you feel about the Casey Anthony verdict?" LOL!

Some people just can't drop their political affiliations, ever for a second.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:07 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Is the Casey Anthony trial turning political? HAHA! Wow, I've seen it all. I can hear it now during the presidential debates that are going to come up "Mr. President, how do you feel about the Casey Anthony verdict?" LOL!

Some people just can't drop their political affiliations, ever for a second.
The only thing I can guess is a moderator transferred it over from the P&C forum. Seriously - those kooks think like that.
Very confusing thread.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:05 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
I'm confused-the only thing we learned form OJ's trial was..people in America are stupid and they seem to be picked for jury duty..

I'm so pissed about the Casey Anthony verdict I'm sick to my stomach...

Old 07-07-2011, 04:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I'm confused-the only thing we learned form OJ's trial was..people in America are stupid and they seem to be picked for jury duty..

I'm so pissed about the Casey Anthony verdict I'm sick to my stomach...
Why?

If somebody kills you, folks in the next state won't give a damn. It aint worth the ulcer.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:51 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why?

If somebody kills you, folks in the next state won't give a damn. It aint worth the ulcer.
In the next state??? Those jurors were picked form the next city..

I just have to hope that Karma will be a bi*ch for Casey...

Old 07-07-2011, 06:37 PM

288 posts, read 168,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
In the next state??? Those jurors were picked form the next city..

I just have to hope that Karma will be a bi*ch for Casey...
Maybe you are mistaken about how "karma" works. Your wishing that negativity for Casey Anthony will come back to hit you, not her. What your wish and intention is creates karma for you. All the hate you wish for anyone else, that negative "energy" will return to you. If there is any such thing as karma.

I wouldn' want to be Nancy Grace! lol

Old 07-07-2011, 07:27 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The biggest problem in our judicial system are the dumb assed jurors. I'm only saying that after I saw the quick interview with that one juror who said the state didn't prove that the child was murdered, but went on to say that this was an accident that was covered up like a murder. Do you get that? What an azz that guy is. So he says they didn't prove it was murder, but somehow led him to believe that the defense proved it was an accident... We have some bumbling idiots walking among us in this country....
I was shocked to hear this juror stating that no proof of a murder was provided...sure the girl went into the swamp, put duct tape on her mouth and laid there for Roy Kronk to found her...while her mom was at party's, lying....and yet no murder has been proven.

The sadest thing is that this juror is teaching kids in school....!

Old 07-07-2011, 08:26 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I don't see how Miller et al can 'get even' with Casey and her parents. In the OJ case you had the family of Nicole suing OJ in civil court for her murder. By the laws of California Nicole's family had standing to sue. But in this case? I guess if the father of the murdered infant is around he could sue the mother, if Flordia law permits.
I sort of thought the same thing about Miller, but the way it was explained to me, is that taking advantage of a nonprofit group that could be directing their limited resources and funds elsewhere, is much the same as lying to take a huge amount of food from a food bank leaving other more needy folks hungry.

IF there help was accepted, and he even bailed her out of jail initially, while Casey knew the child "had drowned"....then she committed fraud against them.

I don't think it's a criminal charge, probably should be, but it can be considered punitive damages.

I do think they have every reason in the world to ask to be repaid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime