U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 12:51 PM

7,022 posts, read 6,007,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It is because race impacts the daily lives of every single black person from birth till death. Racial inequities that work to the detriment of black people in every category are ever-present, and a black person can't help but note the double-standards whenever they occur.

Had a black woman done what Casey Anthony did, not only would the jury have taken far less time to decide, but the condemnation would've been harsh and absolute. It's quite a shame. In fact, the darker the skin of the black woman, the more severe the condemnation. For instance, had Anthony looked as dark-skinned as Grace Jones, the jury would've thought she was guilty before they even heard the evidence.

One does not expect the typical racist to understand or even acknowledge this reality. The outrage by the typical racist speaks more to the glaring and severe limitations of the racist than anything else.
Your total self-absorption says it all and your assumptions about race would make any Klansman proud. Caylee's death has absolutely nothing to do with you and your blackness. Life Is Not Always About You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 PM

1,231 posts, read 894,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't believe race is a factor other wise Casey would not even be charged...

I also didn hear anything about the judge...I believe that most people saw judge who did a good job and not a .....

I wish this thread was not started....because I'm getting so sick of race being mentioned in almost every subject....this case was a about a middle class girl who lied about almost everything....a child who is dead found with duct tape on her mouth, throw away in way I would not even dumb my garbage, a mother who did nothing than party, meanwhile committed theft and fraud...parents who first call the cops on her and then changed their story to decent their spoiled daughter...

I don't see what race has to do with this case
I've posted 2 or 3 times about the duct tape evidence. Did you watch the trail and see the actual evidence?

So I apologize, but I guess for it to sink in, a graphic, but true statement is needed: She did not have a mouth. The tape was stuck to matted hair on one side of the skull. There was no flesh of any kind left on her remains. The other 2 pieces of tape were found nearby- not on the skeletal remains.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:47 PM

18,682 posts, read 23,325,737 times
Like it or not race, and increasingly class, are factors in our society. When ever I hear people complain about the "race card", it seems that race is more of an issue for them than for other people. Or for most people.

I am not saying that they are "card carrying racists", all of the time. but they seem to be annoyed by any suggestion that race might have played a part in anything.
They may want to think that our society is blind to race, but it's not.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:20 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,793,229 times
Anyone who thinks race is not an issue is completely oblivious. Race is still a HUGE issue, especilly in criminal justice.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:59 PM

7,022 posts, read 6,007,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Anyone who thinks race is not an issue is completely oblivious. Race is still a HUGE issue, especilly in criminal justice.
Please point out how race is relevant at all to the Casey Anthony case.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:10 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,064,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Please point out how race is relevant at all to the Casey Anthony case.
For the same reason race was such a big deal in the OJ Simpson case.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:25 PM

Renault, did you miss my earlier post, with a link of a blck Mother who put duct tape on her child, and threw him away? She is now on death row. See any similarities? Casey Anthony's case was widely publicized, so, she had money to pay Jose Baez cash up front, a huge retainer. The black woman was not "news" she got a public defender. We could keep going, but that is a start. The comparison comtrast could go on for pages.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:41 PM

297 posts, read 443,300 times
Casey made $200k from selling pictures of Caylee. She used that money to pay Baez, but it wasn't enough since he was her lawyer from the beginning to the verdict, so the state of Florida ended up paying for most of her defense.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 PM

Exactly! You don't see pictures of little black girls plastered on the news on an hourly basis. And that was just the beginning as to why this IS a race issue! Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that. This turned into a media circus, because Caylee was a pretty, little, white girl.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:22 AM

297 posts, read 443,300 times
To be fair, there are a lot of pretty, little white girls who go missing and/or found murdered, and they don't receive anywhere near as much attention as Caylee did. I think that Casey waiting 31 days to report her daughter missing, and the fact that Casey's physical appearance (reasonably attractive, young, white woman) didn't fit the "normal" profile of a child murderer is really what got the case a lot of attention. Obviously Caylee being a cute toddler, a victim that people could easily sympathize with, didn't hurt either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or