U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:39 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,845,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
She told Diane Sawyer that she does not see Phillip Garrido in either of her daughters.
Thats good to hear. but realistically HE IS THEIR FATHER and sure she is reminded by that when they are asked who their biological dad and if they start to show features of him . Every woman who has children sees their childs father in them at some point you dont just block that vision out 100 percent. Sounds like she was coached a great deal with her interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 02:39 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,744,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
yes i have so your saying someone did help her with the book it was not done completly by herself I REST MY CASE!
No book is done by one person.

Here is a basic list of people involved in ANY published book:

Author
Agent
Editor
Copy Editor
Public Relations
Graphic Designer
Text Designer

I'm sure I am missing a ton but you have proven nothing except your own ignorance of the topic at hand.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,744,351 times
Quote:
Thats good to hear. but realistically HE IS THEIR FATHER and sure she is reminded by that when they are asked who their biological dad and if they start to show features of him . Every woman who has children sees their childs father in them at some point you dont just block that vision out 100 percent. Sounds like she was coached a great deal with her interview.
I don't see my older child's father at all. As a matter of fact, very rarely do I ever think of him.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM

232 posts, read 603,198 times
I plan on reading it. I have no problem with my money going to her or her foundation. She went through something I could never understand or fathom. I feel she deserves every penny she makes from telling her story. I would not trade places with her for any amount of money.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 PM

4,267 posts, read 5,310,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold ethyl View Post
I plan on reading it. I have no problem with my money going to her or her foundation. She went through something I could never understand or fathom. I feel she deserves every penny she makes from telling her story. I would not trade places with her for any amount of money.
Normally when I want to read a book I pick up a copy from the library. I might actually buy this book because I want her, her children and her foundation to receive the proceeds.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,845,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Normally when I want to read a book I pick up a copy from the library. I might actually buy this book because I want her, her children and her foundation to receive the proceeds.

how much from the book goes to her foundation is it 100 percent? I just hope that the foundation is run honestly and that that the proceeds are not abused like we have seen with other so called reputable foundations have done in the past with 911, Katrina, Haiti etc.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:20 PM

4,267 posts, read 5,310,464 times
Quote:
how much from the book goes to her foundation is it 100 percent? I just hope that the foundation is run honestly and that that the proceeds are not abused like we have seen with other so called reputable foundations have done in the past with 911, Katrina, Haiti etc.
I don't care if it's 100% or 1%. I wouldn't trade places with Jaycee, her daughters or her mother for any amount of money in the world. If she became a gazillionaire (is that a real word? ) from this book I'd have no problem with it.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:27 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,574,659 times
I would also like to know how much she plans on donating to her foundation from her book

Old 07-13-2011, 07:04 AM

12,358 posts, read 7,748,183 times
Quote:
is Jaycee's daughter also going to write a book about her experience with out a ghost writer. Seems everyone talks about JAYCEE and forget that her daugther whos father is this MONSTER never gets mentioned much
No one is forgetting about Jaycee's daughters but their privacy is being protected until they themselves are ready to go public. And that is exactly as it should be.

Quote:
You obviously didn't see the interview, did you. Jaycee wasn't "coached" nor were words put in her mouth. It was obviously that she's had a lot of therapy since her release from captivity, though, and is making a remarkable progress working through the emotional roller coaster she had to have been on this past year since her return back home. Writing the book was probably therapeutic.

I honestly don't understand your hostility toward the Dugard family. You would be hard pressed to find a single person who would change places with any one of them. The settlement they got from the state, the money from book sales---none of that would be worth the trauma they all went through for so many years. They can't buy their lives back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
I would also like to know how much she plans on donating to her foundation from her book
I could care less how much money she donates to charity or to her foundation. It's her money to spend anyway she wants. I would, however, like to know if Nancy Grace will donate any of the money she makes off from other people's traumatic stories to do-good causes.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,574,659 times
Maybe the other person meant that she was coached on how to answer or act in front of the camera since Jaycee did not have that professional experience. I work as a commercial model and even with my yrs of experience I am still coached before I do a interview etc.

Diane Sawyer did a wonderful an classy interview and Jaycee looked very relaxed and did a great job.

I have a friend who was able to buy her book yesterday before it sold out, an said that Jaycee did an amazing job telling her story.

Maybe, she can make a career out of writing books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime