U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,358 posts, read 7,744,913 times
Reputation: 7213

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Maybe the other person meant that she was coached on how to answer or act in front of the camera since Jaycee did not have that professional experience. I work as a commercial model and even with my yrs of experience I am still coached before I do a interview etc.

Diane Sawyer did a wonderful an classy interview and Jaycee looked very relaxed and did a great job.

I have a friend who was able to buy her book yesterday before it sold out, an said that Jaycee did an amazing job telling her story.

Maybe, she can make a career out of writing books.
That was a remarkable interview. It will be repeated on Saturday or Sunday with new parts added for anyone who missed it. Jaycee won't need a career, but I predict her Foundation will go on to do good things in much the same way as Adam Walsh's father was able to do, turning his pain into a force for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2011, 07:55 AM
 
1,228 posts, read 1,573,555 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That was a remarkable interview. It will be repeated on Saturday or Sunday with new parts added for anyone who missed it. Jaycee won't need a career, but I predict her Foundation will go on to do good things in much the same way as Adam Walsh's father was able to do, turning his pain into a force for good.

I have to disagree Jaycee will need a career everyone needs a career, Why sit at home and waste your life away.. She needs to start her life over and do something positive, maybe some home schooling , college and then a career. I know she has made a great deal of money. But, money alone does not buy a life of happiness. Having a career and doing something rewarding each day is good therapy for anyone. Sitting at home doing nothing is a waste of life.

Maybe she will become more hands on, with her foundation and help others or maybe, she will find something unrelated to her past that she can turn into a career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 16 days ago)
 
8,675 posts, read 10,831,402 times
Reputation: 12722
She's an amazing person. I wonder where she's gotten the strength from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 07:57 AM
 
1,228 posts, read 1,573,555 times
Reputation: 589
God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 08:11 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,358 posts, read 7,744,913 times
Reputation: 7213
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
I have to disagree Jaycee will need a career everyone needs a career, Why sit at home and waste your life away.. She needs to start her life over and do something positive, maybe some home schooling , college and then a career. I know she has made a great deal of money. But, money alone does not buy a life of happiness. Having a career and doing something rewarding each day is good therapy for anyone. Sitting at home doing nothing is a waste of life.

Maybe she will become more hands on, with her foundation and help others or maybe, she will find something unrelated to her past that she can turn into a career.
With twenty million dollars to spend and a new foundation to build, she won't be sitting at home wishing for something rewarding to do each day. She'll be creating her own career learning how to run a foundation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 08:11 AM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,571,346 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
I have to disagree Jaycee will need a career everyone needs a career, Why sit at home and waste your life away.. She needs to start her life over and do something positive, maybe some home schooling , college and then a career. I know she has made a great deal of money. But, money alone does not buy a life of happiness. Having a career and doing something rewarding each day is good therapy for anyone. Sitting at home doing nothing is a waste of life.

Maybe she will become more hands on, with her foundation and help others or maybe, she will find something unrelated to her past that she can turn into a career.
I think right now her focus is on healing and being a mother.

I suspect that she'll volunteer her time to victims rights in the next part of her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
232 posts, read 602,923 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I think right now her focus is on healing and being a mother.

I suspect that she'll volunteer her time to victims rights in the next part of her life.
Agreed. I'm sure she has a lot to keep her busy right now. Her new "fame" is a lot to handle, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 02:46 PM
 
Location: in my mind
4,754 posts, read 6,524,948 times
Reputation: 9480
There was another creep like the guy who kept Jaycee Dugard captive- except he was in Austria-

Josef Fritzel imprisoned his own daughter in a specially built cellar under the house for over two decades. She gave birth to seven of his children while down there, none of whom had ever seen the light of day, until they were rescued a few years ago.

Here is a good website about that case -
Interactive: House where Austrian family were kept captive for 24 years | World news | guardian.co.uk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 02:57 PM
 
4,267 posts, read 5,308,472 times
Reputation: 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
There was another creep like the guy who kept Jaycee Dugard captive- except he was in Austria-

Josef Fritzel imprisoned his own daughter in a specially built cellar under the house for over two decades. She gave birth to seven of his children while down there, none of whom had ever seen the light of day, until they were rescued a few years ago.

Here is a good website about that case -
Interactive: House where Austrian family were kept captive for 24 years | World news | guardian.co.uk
This was another similiar case. Kidnapping of Colleen Stan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 03:06 PM
 
Location: in my mind
4,754 posts, read 6,524,948 times
Reputation: 9480
It is sad that there are human beings out there who do crap like this. There are some very, very disturbed people in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top