U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:09 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,565,311 times

Advertisements

And another Syracuse, NY Man Pleads Guilty to Kidnapping Sex Slaves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,636,834 times
I'm reading it right now.

I'm very glad to learn that she wrote it without the help of a ghostwriter. (Something I happen to know about.) Because as I've been reading it I've been thinking, "Wow. Her ghostwriter is terrible. It reads like it was written by a 12 year old." First person. Simple sentences. Descriptive but a very elementary style of writing.

You go, Jaycee. I hope you make a mint because you sure got failed by the sytem.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:27 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,728,370 times
kampusch

And another.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 PM

4,571 posts, read 7,053,444 times
i just want to make a comment...watching Jaycee and hearing about the true horror that she went thru and have to compare it to Casey Anthony, who blamed her parents for everything and used it as a legal ploy to get away with murder. Casey Anthony doesn't know the meaning of abuse...compared to Jaycee, who never for one minute thought of taking her own life or the lives of her children. I think it is very ironic that both of these young women are in the media spotlight at the same time, coming out with books ....extreme opposites if there ever were.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,573,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm reading it right now.

I'm very glad to learn that she wrote it without the help of a ghostwriter. (Something I happen to know about.) Because as I've been reading it I've been thinking, "Wow. Her ghostwriter is terrible. It reads like it was written by a 12 year old." First person. Simple sentences. Descriptive but a very elementary style of writing.

You go, Jaycee. I hope you make a mint because you sure got failed by the sytem.
Odd this is not getting much media attention.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:59 PM

8,235 posts, read 18,505,219 times
Odd this is not getting much media attention.

Unfortunately, I think that the Casey Anthony thing overwhelmed everything else.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-16-2011, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 773 times
I hope she makes all the money she can and I will help her out every time she writes something. I bought 6 books and will contribute with anything she has to do with, foundation, etc. What a sick mind to be complaining about Jaycee making money. She lost her innoncence too early, 18 years of captivity and some people are still complaining about her minute of fame? Let her have peace and happiness and I hope she doesn't have to worry about money for the rest of her life. Way to go Jaycee!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:30 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,573,293 times
I think there is going to be a repeat today of her interview with Diane Sawyer.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:37 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,991,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
What is really sad is that this book by the very brave Jaycee Dugard will be dwarfed by the publicity from the Casey Anthony case.
Sadder still is how many pedophiles will pick up this book to get their cheap thrills reading about a child forced to be a sex slave to a disgusting old man. The thought makes me angry and ill.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:54 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
Someone wrote a book called "Room", about a girl kidnapped, she had a child and he had never left the "room" before. I did not buy the book, I really can't read books about kidnapping and rape...but the above comment has merit, how many perverts buy books like this and fantasize about kidnapping a young girl.

I think shows, even on TV have become more graphic, with rape, kidnapping plots being common. Scary. What ever happened to the days of "I Love Lucy"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime