Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 04:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It makes me wonder, how many other young girls could be held captive like Jaycee....
I believe it is quite prevalent, sadly.

09.23.2004 - Modern slavery thriving in the U.S.

"The Slave Next Door: Human Trafficking and Slavery in America Today"

10 shocking facts about global slavery in 2008 | Matador Network

Slavery Today: Human Traficking :: National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
I think JAycee enjoyed her life with these people she had so many chances to leave. I think the real reason behind her story is she was getting jealous that the couple was paying her younger daughter more attention since Jaycee was not THE young type this couple was interested in

Her interview was very scripted. It was reported when they first spoke to her that her grammar was baby talk and she was uneducated.
Links to support this preposterous notion, please.

Your assertions that Jaycee was somehow upset or jealous is just beyond all plausible reason. Many kidnapping victims are so abused that they are afraid to leave, afraid to try and escape. Did you see the interview with the policewomen? They had to keep gently pushing Jaycee to give up her real name. Certainly doesn't sound like the jealous type to me.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It makes me wonder, how many other young girls could be held captive like Jaycee....
Unfortunately I'm guessing more than a few. I'm not convinved that Jennifer Kesse isn't still alive and being held someplace.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:03 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Links to support this preposterous notion, please.

Your assertions that Jaycee was somehow upset or jealous is just beyond all plausible reason. Many kidnapping victims are so abused that they are afraid to leave, afraid to try and escape. Did you see the interview with the policewomen? They had to keep gently pushing Jaycee to give up her real name. Certainly doesn't sound like the jealous type to me.
Like you said they are afraid to leave they why did she give herself up? IF she was so afraid. It was stated that her daughter was the couples main interest since she was much younger the Jaycee. That Jaycee may have become jealous and that was why she then turned herself in . SHe felt betrayed by the couple who she thought loved her and once gave her all the attention.

I am not a Psychologist but that is what it sounds to me. that she enjoyed being with them or she would have left a long time ago and not wait this long an if she was afraid then why was she not afraid when she did finally escape

Old 07-12-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Like you said they are afraid to leave they why did she give herself up? IF she was so afraid. It was stated that her daughter was the couples main interest since she was much younger the Jaycee. That Jaycee may have become jealous and that was why she then turned herself in . SHe felt betrayed by the couple who she thought loved her and once gave her all the attention.

I am not a Psychologist but that is what it sounds to me. that she enjoyed being with them or she would have left a long time ago and not wait this long an if she was afraid then why was she not afraid when she did finally escape
She was away from Garrido and in the hands of police who encouraged her to tell them who she was. She WAS afraid but she eventually was able to give her true identity. Why is that so hard to believe?

Where did you see any such foolishness about Jaycee being jealous? I mean honestly.

I can tell you are not a psychologist because your assertions make zero sense.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 AM

I assume you are neither a doctor. I just find something ODD about her. I also dislike the fact that she is bragging about her story so she can make money. That to me tells me she must have liked it if she keeps discussing it an writing about it. If anything she should keep that STUFF he did to her to herself. I would be embarrased to talk about a man sexually abusing me to the world. MOST rape victims or children that were sexually abuse do not yap to the world about their sexual trysts.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:20 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
I assume you are neither a doctor. I just find something ODD about her. I also dislike the fact that she is bragging about her story so she can make money. That to me tells me she must have liked it if she keeps discussing it an writing about it. If anything she should keep that STUFF he did to her to herself. I would be embarrased to talk about a man sexually abusing me to the world. MOST rape victims or children that were sexually abuse do not yap to the world about their sexual trysts.
Wow, you are unbelievable. Calling rape a "sexual tryst?" Disgusting. But karma tends to bite people like you when they least expect it.

She is telling her story to empower victims of abuse to not be ashamed. She should not be ashamed, she was a victim. The person who should be ashamed is the predator who stole her from her family and tortured her.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
No I'm not. That's why I educate myself by listening to what others say. Others, like psychologists who know what they are talking about.

The woman has a fifth grade education. What kind of job do you think she is going to get? I have no issue with her selling her story. People want to buy it and she needs the money. So what?

A sexual tryst is not the right phrase for rape and molestation. On the contrary, many rape/abuse victims will talk publicly about their experiences so as to encourage others to seek help. They also do this so people can realize they shouldn't feel ashamed over something they were forced to do.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No I'm not. That's why I educate myself by listening to what others say. Others, like psychologists who know what they are talking about.

The woman has a fifth grade education. What kind of job do you think she is going to get? I have no issue with her selling her story. People want to buy it and she needs the money. So what?

A sexual tryst is not the right phrase for rape and molestation. On the contrary, many rape/abuse victims will talk publicly about their experiences so as to encourage others to seek help. They also do this so people can realize they shouldn't feel ashamed over something they were forced to do.
THere are more fitting ways to make money then selling your rape tell all tales. and SInce she only has a fifth grade education then there is another money hungry ghost writer, behind the book that is making money about her lfie. SAD how people make Big BUCKS from other peoples missery.

IF she was not offered money to talk on TV or pen a tell all about this she would not bother. SO if she really wanted to help others with her story she and her mother should not have shopped to get the biggist bidder for her tv telll all and her book . A normal mother would not Prostitute her daughters story about her rape to make money and to help others. she would respect daughters past an let her heal and MOVE ON and stop dwelling in her past pain. Get her help and a education so she could find a real job. BTW the money she made from all this is not going to last long so she best get a education and a REAL JOB for the REAL WORLD! I am sure she is suing the Police dept. that i understand. Sure she is getting other funds from the government and their was also a Jaycee foundation set up to help her. No need to try an become a celebrity millonaire flaunting your rape for $$$

I dont blame the girl its her mother who is money hungry and several press have said it how gready she has become HUSTLING her daughters story. Since this girl is very nieve sure mommy dearest is going t dip into her daughters piggy bank. Fact she is already trying to sell her story how many books do we need about one persons rape.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,716 times
Quote:
THere are more fitting ways to make money then selling your rape tell all tales. and SInce she only has a fifth grade education then there is another money hungry ghost writer, behind the book that is making money about her lfie. SAD how people make Big BUCKS from other peoples missery.

IF she was not offered money to talk on TV or pen a tell all about this she would not bother. SO if she really wanted to help others with her story she and her mother should not have shopped to get the biggist bidder for her tv telll all and her book . A normal mother would not Prostitute her daughters story about her rape to make money and to help others. she would respect daughters past an let her heal and MOVE ON and stop dwelling in her past pain. Get her help and a education so she could find a real job. BTW the money she made from all this is not going to last long so she best get a education and a REAL JOB for the REAL WORLD! I am sure she is suing the Police dept. that i understand. Sure she is getting other funds from the government and their was also a Jaycee foundation set up to help her. No need to try an become a celebrity millonaire flaunting your rape for $$$

I dont blame the girl its her mother who is money hungry and several press have said it how gready she has become HUSTLING her daughters story. Since this girl is very nieve sure mommy dearest is going t dip into her daughters piggy bank. Fact she is already trying to sell her story how many books do we need about one persons rape.
Are you serious?

She is sharing her story to help other victims of abuse. She is doing this because she wants to do it. She does not need any money as she received a settlement of $20 million from the state of CA due to their role in not properly monitoring parole Garrido. The state gave this money to her to avoid a lawsuit.

You are seriously twisted to think that she enjoyed her time with these people and was jealous of the attention that they gave to her daughter. It really isn't that difficult to understand why she didn't flee her captors. She was manipulated and abused by these people. Haven't' you ever heard of Stockholm syndrome?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime