U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM

15,159 posts, read 13,420,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I don't believe she is a threat to the public at large, although I wouldn't hire her as a babysitter because I think she is mentally ill and not able to make rational decisions.

I live in a gated, guarded community. We have trespassers arrested--that would include the press. Just like the press couldn't get into Isleworth to hound Tiger and his ex-wife, they wouldn't get into my neighborhood either.

See above. I think most of my neighbors would feel the same way. Not that we particularly want her in the neighborhood, but as long as she kept to herself, didn't have parties, etc. I wouldn't be part of a lynch mob. That wouldn't solve anything, it would only make it worse.

I think it's a very fitting punishment. She will wish she was back in jail, she would ahve been safer there.
I never said CASEY would be a threat to those that would be living around her.

We were talking about the protestors and the media that would be hounding Casey, being a problem for her neighbors.

Haven't you read about what Cindy and George Anthony's neighbors have gone through with their neighborhood being over run with crowds of people?

Nice for you that you live in a gated community with guards.......others may not have that advantage.

I don't believe there is one person here that would want their home surrounded by media and protestors trying to get to Casey for a whole year.

I worry about some unstable person trying to run down or shoot Casey and an innocent neighbor just happens to get in the way.......THINK about it.

But hey, what's a little collateral damage as long as Casey gets hers. Too bad for you is it happens to be YOUR kid.

I don't think staying in Orlando is a fitting punishment for Casey if her innocent neighbors are forced to suffer right along with her......and that is what will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

We were talking about the protestors and the media that would be hounding Casey, being a problem for her neighbors.

Haven't you read about what Cindy and George Anthony's neighbors have gone through with their neighborhood being over run with crowds of people?

Nice for you that you live in a gated community with guards.......others may not have that advantage.

I don't believe there is one person here that would want their home surrounded by media and protestors trying to get to Casey for a whole year.

I worry about some unstable person trying to run down or shoot Casey and an innocent neighbor just happens to get in the way.......THINK about it.

But hey, what's a little collateral damage as long as Casey gets hers. Too bad for you is it happens to be YOUR kid.

I don't think staying in Orlando is a fitting punishment for Casey if her innocent neighbors are forced to suffer right along with her......and that is what will happen.
So you have no problem with her moving in next to you then?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,728,311 times
Quote:

If that is what is happening, I would expect plenty of police presence so I really wouldn't need to worry about it. I don't think it will go down that way. We'll just have to see who's right when she moves back to Orlando.

As I said, I wouldn't want to be right next door because of the loss of privacy but I'm sure we can find someone who wants that address or better yet, the owner can rent the house out to the media. It would not bother me to have her on the same block as me. It might be fun to watch.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
So you have no problem with her moving in next to you then?
OMG......how did you come up with this comment?

I live in Ohio. Few people that I know have even followed the Casey Anthony trial. There would not be the kind of backlash here that there will be in Orlando.....ground zero. That is my point. To force Casey to live in Orlando is just asking for trouble. Casey may deserve it, but the innocent people who would happen to live near her do not.

I live on a narrow, two lane country road, 10 miles from the nearest fast food restaurant, even further from lodging, no rentals, she would have to buy a house. If Casey moved into my neighborhood, protestors couldn't even find a place to park that wasn't on private property. Few people here would pay any attention to her, let alone protest.

I seem to be the only one here that cares at all about the innocent people in Orlando who could have their lives turned upside down because others are so blinded by their lust for revenge they don't care who gets hurt in the process.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
If that is what is happening, I would expect plenty of police presence so I really wouldn't need to worry about it. I don't think it will go down that way. We'll just have to see who's right when she moves back to Orlando.

As I said, I wouldn't want to be right next door because of the loss of privacy but I'm sure we can find someone who wants that address or better yet, the owner can rent the house out to the media. It would not bother me to have her on the same block as me. It might be fun to watch.
Are you saying if Casey ended up in the house next to you, you would have NO PROBLEM uprooting your family and renting your house out to the media?

Really?

You have no problem forcing innocent people into this kind of situation just so Casey gets hers?

Unbelievable.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 PM

455 posts, read 553,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Adding the law-enforcement cost estimates to the state money paid for the defense and the Clerk of Court's tally for the jury costs brings the Florida taxpayers money spent on the case to $822,821.48.

The prosecution has announced plans to try to have Casey Anthony pay for some of the investigative and prosecution costs by arguing the issue in court.

In addition Casey Anthony has a court appointed attorney, Charles Greene, (taxpayers expense again) for the Zenaida Gonzalez civil case.

Monday Morning, August 1, Judge Strickland is suppose to sign a court order for Casey to be returned to Orange County to serve out the one year probation for check fraud. The time spent in jail is not probation, you can't serve probation in jail.

Not such a good life ... they are after her! Just like OJ ... he got off the murder charges but he is sitting in prison right now in Nevada!
The people have created this monstrosity we call a criminal justice system, let them pay foe it !!

Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,300,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
The people have created this monstrosity we call a criminal justice system, let them pay foe it !!
I don't think they plan on billing Casey Anthony for the total amount but if the court approves it they will bill her for a portion of the costs. Even offering easy monthly installments for like twenty years.

If she had told the truth to start with in June 2008 none of this would have been necessary.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:15 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
Quote:
OMG......how did you come up with this comment?

I live in Ohio. Few people that I know have even followed the Casey Anthony trial. There would not be the kind of backlash here that there will be in Orlando.....ground zero. That is my point. To force Casey to live in Orlando is just asking for trouble. Casey may deserve it, but the innocent people who would happen to live near her do not.

I live on a narrow, two lane country road, 10 miles from the nearest fast food restaurant, even further from lodging, no rentals, she would have to buy a house. If Casey moved into my neighborhood, protestors couldn't even find a place to park that wasn't on private property. Few people here would pay any attention to her, let alone protest.

I seem to be the only one here that cares at all about the innocent people in Orlando who could have their lives turned upside down because others are so blinded by their lust for revenge they don't care who gets hurt in the process.
The point is, would you want her living in your neighborhood or not?

I asked that because you don't want her in Orlando--not that it's any business of yours living in the middle of nowhere Ohio--I LIVE in the Orlando area. Where exactly do you want her to go?

And like I said, let her move into my neighborhood IN ORLANDO. I don't care. And as long as SHE kept a low profile, I don't think my neighbors would either. And we rather enjoy getting trespassers arrested around here--it livens things up now and then.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Are you saying if Casey ended up in the house next to you, you would have NO PROBLEM uprooting your family and renting your house out to the media?

Really?

You have no problem forcing innocent people into this kind of situation just so Casey gets hers?

Unbelievable.
Why would I have a problem with that? I believe she needs to do her probation like everyone else. I don't think she deserves special treatment. If that means I move into an apartment for a year then I move into an apartment for a year. I would prefer that to living right next door. Living down the street, however, I'd just sit back and watch the circus.

I'm thinking I wouldn't have any problem renting my house out, probably, for more than it's worth, if it were right next door. If I couldn't rent it out, I'd just deal with it. I'm thinking the kids should set up a lemonade stand.

I would deal with whatever I had to deal with to insure that her life isn't made more comfortable. She doesn't deserve that.

I will trust the police to keep me and mine safe. I, certainly, would not be letting my kids just play out front with a media circus out there though but that's not a huge inconvenience.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
The point is, would you want her living in your neighborhood or not?

I asked that because you don't want her in Orlando--not that it's any business of yours living in the middle of nowhere Ohio--I LIVE in the Orlando area. Where exactly do you want her to go?

And like I said, let her move into my neighborhood IN ORLANDO. I don't care. And as long as SHE kept a low profile, I don't think my neighbors would either. And we rather enjoy getting trespassers arrested around here--it livens things up now and then.
She'd have no choice but to keep a low profile. She might as well be under house arrest for all the freedom to move around she'd have. She wouldn't even be able to open the curtains to look outside. I'm not sure I'd get people arrested though. I think I'd enjoy watching the circus. I'm sure I'd be tired of it by the time the year was up but when you know something has an end date, it's easier to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or