U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-12-2011, 12:56 PM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,845,046 times
Reputation: 751

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Some folks have viewed a lot more than what is seen on TV- there are many, many documents available to read about this case- such the transcripts of all of the interviews done (with Casey, her friends, and family members), Casey's letters while in jail, her IM and chat sessions before jail, excerpts of her diary, etc. So all of that does provide quite a bit more insight into her than just the clips on TV of her talks with family members while in jail and observations of her in court.

That being said, it is true that the only people who can truly, technically diagnose her are psychologists or psychiatrists with experience in forensics. A complete psychological assessment would involve a careful review of her psychosocial history, going back to early childhood, her family history and significant information about her family members (and ideally, interviews with them as well), psychological tests, a review of some of the documents available from the case, such as her interviews with police, and a series of interviews with her. After all of this information was compiled, the professional involved would be able to make a diagnosis.
Well Said!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-12-2011, 01:01 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Some folks have viewed a lot more than what is seen on TV- there are many, many documents available to read about this case- such the transcripts of all of the interviews done (with Casey, her friends, and family members), Casey's letters while in jail, her IM and chat sessions before jail, excerpts of her diary, etc. So all of that does provide quite a bit more insight into her than just the clips on TV of her talks with family members while in jail and observations of her in court.

That being said, it is true that the only people who can truly, technically diagnose her are psychologists or psychiatrists with experience in forensics. A complete psychological assessment would involve a careful review of her psychosocial history, going back to early childhood, her family history and significant information about her family members (and ideally, interviews with them as well), psychological tests, a review of some of the documents available from the case, such as her interviews with police, and a series of interviews with her. After all of this information was compiled, the professional involved would be able to make a diagnosis.
Like I said, according to a licensed doctor, she fits all the criteria based on her actions and exhibited behaviors.

That doesn't imply anything more or less than is stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 01:04 PM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,845,046 times
Reputation: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Like I said, according to a licensed doctor, she fits all the criteria based on her actions and exhibited behaviors.

That doesn't imply anything more or less than is stated.
A licensed doctor that has MET HER IN PERSON not like your sister you speak about who never met her and only saw her on TV
that's the problem your sister NEVER met her



This is your earlier post.... My sister is a doctor, she currently practices within the mental health field.

According to her, based on Casey's actions and exhibited behaviors, she easily fits into the DSM-IV criteria for narcissism and sociopath disorders. She also fits the criteria for a variety of other psychological disorders.

I'm just going by what a doctor specifically told me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 01:13 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
A licensed doctor that has MET HER IN PERSON not like your sister you speak about who never met her and only saw her on TV
that's the problem your sister NEVER met her



This is your earlier post.... My sister is a doctor, she currently practices within the mental health field.

According to her, based on Casey's actions and exhibited behaviors, she easily fits into the DSM-IV criteria for narcissism and sociopath disorders. She also fits the criteria for a variety of other psychological disorders.

I'm just going by what a doctor specifically told me.
Can you not read and understand English? I never said she examined her personally, I said that based on her actions and exhibited behaviors that she fits into the DSM-IV criteria for narcissism and sociopath disorders.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 PM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,845,046 times
Reputation: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Can you not read and understand English? I never said she examined her personally, I said that based on her actions and exhibited behaviors that she fits into the DSM-IV criteria for narcissism and sociopath disorders.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
you can not base anything MEDICAL about a person you see on tv with out meeting them IN PERSON
Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 03:04 PM
 
301 posts, read 992,031 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I agree. Living with herself is not a problem for her. It would be for us but she's not us. She won. She got away with murder and can use that to make money so the partying can continue. There will be no justice here. She'll live with herself just fine. I'm sure she's quite proud and happy that the woman in the mirror got away with it and I don't see that ever changing.

I'm not so sure someone will do her harm. It, proabbly, would have happened in prison but she won't be in prison. The people on the outside have something she doesn't. A conscience and who's going to risk going to jail themselves for the likes of her?

We have to just accept that she won and justice will never be served.
Ivory,

The reason she didn't get harmed in jail was she was isolated from all the other prisoners. They do that to pedophiles and child killers... other inmates that have done murders and bank robberies consider themselves as having a higher moral compass and might do something to these types.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 PM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,845,046 times
Reputation: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
Ivory,

The reason she didn't get harmed in jail was she was isolated from all the other prisoners. They do that to pedophiles and child killers... other inmates that have done murders and bank robberies consider themselves as having a higher moral compass and might do something to these types.....
good point Bet she is very scared to step outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM
 
301 posts, read 992,031 times
Reputation: 420
I'm sure as I type this, she is cutting and bleaching her hair.... I wouldn't even be surprised if she were getting plastic surgery and a passport. She will most certainly HAVE to leave Orlando. I bet she either heads to another country (she can still do interviews and books in another country) or she heads to L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
232 posts, read 603,059 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
good point Bet she is very scared to step outside.
I was wondering about that -- if she was scared to step outside. Does she know how hated she is right now? Or likely being a sociopath, does that prevent her from really thinking about it and fearing for her well-being?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,708,488 times
Reputation: 26114
I wonder, if someone found a few isolated incidents that I have done, and kept repeating them over and over, and embellished a few other things...that I could be diagnosed as a "Sociopath"...instead of looking at my entire life...

But in Casey's life...her ENTIRE life was a complete Sociopath dosier...from the lie about the job...to how she treats people....it is not isolated incidents....it is a complete pattern of behavior. Which the jury did not look at in it's entire framework...yes, she is a liar, and a thief, she steals from everyone, including her Grandparents...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top