U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 PM

6,932 posts, read 8,100,772 times

Advertisements

Is it possible that Jose Baez knew where the body was at before it was found. If so, why didn't he report it? Are lawyers excluded from some laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 07:02 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,836,312 times
I think anything you tell your lawyer is confidential...I think the lawyer can only break that agreement if the client says tomorrow I'm going out and killing someone!!

Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 PM

33,937 posts, read 42,216,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Is it possible that Jose Baez knew where the body was at before it was found. If so, why didn't he report it? Are lawyers excluded from some laws?

Do you have a daily quota you have to meet for thread starting? If so, you've been reaching lately.

The answer is something called attorney/client privelege. The answer is no. Most defense attorneys won't even ask their clent if they did it in case the client testifies and lies. They do have to report a client committing perjury.

If this is an attempt to somehow smear Baez via an anonymous posting on an internet forum you're despicable.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,802,513 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Do you have a daily quota you have to meet for thread starting? If so, you've been reaching lately.
Tell me about it!!!! And his lack of knowledge of our justice system and ignorance of the law becomes ever more clear with each post.

Quote:
The answer is something called attorney/client privelege. The answer is no. Most defense attorneys won't even ask their clent if they did it in case the client testifies and lies. They do have to report a client committing perjury.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 PM

12 posts, read 50,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
client gives him his information in good faith and he does best he can and for client paying him...unless u have a better justice system to offer, this is it...it works and of course there are exceptions to justice; no system is perfect....

in saudi arabia and other middle eastern countries (which hate us) they cut off the body part which committed the crime before ever proving it...many innocents suffer, but they get there casey...u want that?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:25 PM

12 posts, read 50,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgirl912 View Post
client gives him his information in good faith and he does best he can and for client paying him...unless u have a better justice system to offer, this is it...it works and of course there are exceptions to justice; no system is perfect....

in saudi arabia and other middle eastern countries (which hate us) they cut off the body part which committed the crime before ever proving it...many innocents suffer, but they get there casey...u want that?
get real....... a good lawyer's job is to defend
the client who all others are against.....would we want it any other way in America? you have Saudi arabia where they cut off ur body part before trial and that's that...or pakistan where u can be stoned legally w/o a trial or i could go on... start defending ur country and stop bashing it

believe me....we are getting there quickly...the other rules u have so many ights, u are blind

Old 09-22-2011, 11:40 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,843,820 times
You can defend your client but can not knowingly cover up a crime. Although "ethics" are pretty much lost on attorneys, they have a legal and moral obligation..............So find one that actually supports that? Good luck

Old 09-23-2011, 10:54 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,362,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think anything you tell your lawyer is confidential...I think the lawyer can only break that agreement if the client says tomorrow I'm going out and killing someone!!
Even then they can't break confidentiality, believe it or not. If they do, they lose the license to practice. Lawyers are NOT mandated reporters.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,836,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Even then they can't break confidentiality, believe it or not. If they do, they lose the license to practice. Lawyers are NOT mandated reporters.
Wow that's surprising...I thought preists,doctors and lawyers were allowed to ethically break their confidetiality in cases of preventing a future death!!

Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,362,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Wow that's surprising...I thought preists,doctors and lawyers were allowed to ethically break their confidetiality in cases of preventing a future death!!
But this was not a potential death. Caylee was way, way dead before the attorney heard of the Anthony family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or