U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,738,397 times
Reputation: 16599

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Casey threw her daughter away like garbage after killing her.. no justice.. No one has to string her up. Casey will reap what she sowed.
All of us do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2011, 04:55 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,738,397 times
Reputation: 16599
If only people would show this same level of energy and outrage towards corrupt government and business, the economy, our political system, education, health care and civil rights....

Damned shame it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2011, 05:43 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,075,534 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Since she was found NOT GUILTY by a jury of her peers that is the end of it. Aparently some of you will not understand this little feature of the law of this country. BUT you'd prefer a kangaroo court!! It doesn't matter if anyone is found not guilty in YOUR precious mind they're guilty only because you say so. I seem to recall there are countries better suited for YOUR liking.
Are you a man?
Just curious, I have noticed from watching the video's of the crowds that the Casey supporters are usually men.
I wonder if that would be the case if she was 50 pounds overweight and extremely ugly.
The foreman was a man, he overlooked the evidence and sounded like a fool when interveiwed.
Not that men are fools, some just seem to be where Casey is concerned.
I think the men swayed the women on the jury and WHY there was a not guilty verdict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2011, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Savannah GA/Lk Hopatcong NJ
13,106 posts, read 24,883,519 times
Reputation: 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Since she was found NOT GUILTY by a jury of her peers that is the end of it. Aparently some of you will not understand this little feature of the law of this country. BUT you'd prefer a kangaroo court!! It doesn't matter if anyone is found not guilty in YOUR precious mind they're guilty only because you say so. I seem to recall there are countries better suited for YOUR liking.
Amen Boxcar Amen.It's done & over with people need to let it go and get a life.
Stop knocking the jury, none of us was in that court room each day to hear what was or wasn't presented.It was a death penalty case....I would need evidence up the wazoo before I sent someone to their death...

If she did do those awful things there is a higher judge to answer too....karma don't under estimate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2011, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 30,732,152 times
Reputation: 14583
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Amen Boxcar Amen.It's done & over with people need to let it go and get a life.
Stop knocking the jury, none of us was in that court room each day to hear what was or wasn't presented.It was a death penalty case....I would need evidence up the wazoo before I sent someone to their death...

If she did do those awful things there is a higher judge to answer too....karma don't under estimate it.
So would I but manslaughter, which she was also acquitted of, does not carry the death penalty and all you have to prove is that she was involved in the murder in some way even if it was an accidental death. THAT is the charge people cannot fathom clearing her on. I think we all knew they'd never prove first degree murder without a cause of death. However, I think we also know she was involved in her daughter's death and that fits manslaughter no matter how this little girl died.

People are in disbelief right now and they're venting. Venting is healthy in a case like this. It's part of the process of getting over what people see as a travesty of justice. Eventually, we have to accept that Casey Anthony will go on to lead a wealthy (thanks to everyone who will pay for her story) and normal life. It's just not easy to swallow because a toddler died and rotted in a swamp while her mother partied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Savannah GA/Lk Hopatcong NJ
13,106 posts, read 24,883,519 times
Reputation: 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
So would I but manslaughter, which she was also acquitted of, does not carry the death penalty and all you have to prove is that she was involved in the murder in some way even if it was an accidental death. THAT is the charge people cannot fathom clearing her on. I think we all knew they'd never prove first degree murder without a cause of death. However, I think we also know she was involved in her daughter's death and that fits manslaughter no matter how this little girl died.
People are in disbelief right now and they're venting. Venting is healthy in a case like this. It's part of the process of getting over what people see as a travesty of justice. Eventually, we have to accept that Casey Anthony will go on to lead a wealthy (thanks to everyone who will pay for her story) and normal life. It's just not easy to swallow because a toddler died and rotted in a swamp while her mother partied.
I for one wasn't there when it happened and the prosecution did not present strong enough evidence to convine me either.

It very well could have been accidental & panic.
I would never presume on how one grieves...denial is part of the grieveing process, hence maybe the partying.....I just don't know.

Casey has to live with Casey and look at herself in the mirror each day..only she knows if she can do that with a clear conscience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Out West
22,707 posts, read 16,817,419 times
Reputation: 26287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
If only people would show this same level of energy and outrage towards corrupt government and business, the economy, our political system, education, health care and civil rights....

Damned shame it is.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Magritte25 again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 30,732,152 times
Reputation: 14583
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I for one wasn't there when it happened and the prosecution did not present strong enough evidence to convine me either.

It very well could have been accidental & panic.
I would never presume on how one grieves...denial is part of the grieveing process, hence maybe the partying.....I just don't know.

Casey has to live with Casey and look at herself in the mirror each day..only she knows if she can do that with a clear conscience.
Do you, seriously, think she went partying for 31 days because she panicked???? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you....

Her lies and partying are tell tale. These are not the actions of a grieving mother whose child accidentally died. There no doubt she was involved in the child's death whether she intended to kill her or not but that doesn't matter for a manslaughter conviction. These are the actions of someone who is guilty and trying to stall an investigation so that a cause of death can't be determined and they can get off. Fortuntely, for Casey Anthony, it worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 AM
 
Location: Savannah GA/Lk Hopatcong NJ
13,106 posts, read 24,883,519 times
Reputation: 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Do you, seriously, think she went partying for 31 days because she panicked???? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you....

Her lies and partying are tell tale. These are not the actions of a grieving mother whose child accidentally died. There no doubt she was involved in the child's death whether she intended to kill her or not but that doesn't matter for a manslaughter conviction. These are the actions of someone who is guilty and trying to stall an investigation so that a cause of death can't be determined and they can get off. Fortuntely, for Casey Anthony, it worked.
No not because she was still/maybe panicked...because she was in denial....if I continue on everything will be as it once was.....happens more then one would think..

I'm remembering a case I saw on TV many years ago.....supposedly some one entered the house and killed this woman's child.....jury was shown video of her spraying that silly string on her childs grave on his birthday..found her guilty..death sentence...think she is still sitting on Texas death row...

Grief takes on many forms, not understandable by people unless perhaps they had to walk in those shoes.

Is this the case with Casey...I don't know....I can only hope it was an accident & she panicked and was coached by someone....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,738,397 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Do you, seriously, think she went partying for 31 days because she panicked???? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you....

Her lies and partying are tell tale. These are not the actions of a grieving mother whose child accidentally died. There no doubt she was involved in the child's death whether she intended to kill her or not but that doesn't matter for a manslaughter conviction. These are the actions of someone who is guilty and trying to stall an investigation so that a cause of death can't be determined and they can get off. Fortuntely, for Casey Anthony, it worked.
Um yes? Keep up appearances and all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top