U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:20 PM

454 posts, read 528,651 times

Advertisements

Why are people still talking about her, I know what she did wasn't right but there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, just let her fade away....I'm tired of hearing people assuming where she could be hiding , talking about making a movie out of the case, talking about book deals, talking about her getting plastic surgery, why is America so obsessed with this girl? The case is over and done and that's probably the last we will ever hear from her. You guys need to let it be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,867,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
I heard she was going to be "whisked away to an unknown location".... she's definitely not too bright if she hangs around Florida where people will be looking for her most....although I think she will have to leave the country if she plans to survive.
That says something very negative about US citizenry.

I wonder if these same people are up in arms about child abuse that occurs every day, or do they succumb only to media frenzy.
I'm pretty sure there's someone in their acquaintances that has abused a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Given the overwhelming evidence that points to her being involved with her child's death, I don't really care how she feels about the press. Given that she partied knowing her child was dead, I don't really give a care how she feels abour the press. If I partied while I knew my child was rotting in a swamp, I'd expect the press to dissect my life. This is a bed she made herself.

If she wanted to be treated like a human being she might have been smart to have tried acting like one.
Just wow.
Obviously, the evidence was weak. You're making a lot of assumptions here.
Bottom line, you weren't there, you don't know.

Some people make assumptions with no evidence in their own lives, too.
Then they present that information and expect others to believe it and become outraged that the don't.
Another side of the same coin.

Quote:
Do you, seriously, think she went partying for 31 days because she panicked???? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you....

Her lies and partying are tell tale. These are not the actions of a grieving mother whose child accidentally died. There no doubt she was involved in the child's death whether she intended to kill her or not but that doesn't matter for a manslaughter conviction. These are the actions of someone who is guilty and trying to stall an investigation so that a cause of death can't be determined and they can get off. Fortuntely, for Casey Anthony, it worked.
You really are big on analyzing other's lives.
I hope you spend that much time analyzing your own and your motives in all of your actions.
And that you never complain when others comment on your issues. That would be contradictory to what you're doing to another person here.

You are making assumptions about things you know nothing about.

But don't let that stop you.

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-19-2011 at 10:50 PM..

Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Name one other mother who partied after her child died who DIDN'T kill the child herself. I can name mothers who killed their own kids who partied but I can't name a single mother whose child died accidentally who was even capable of partying after their death.

I watched a friend live through the aftermath of the, unexpected, death of her child. It's horriffic. It's NOT party time!!!! I've seen the pictures and she's having a great time. She's not acting to cover up for an accident. Her smiles are too genuine while she's partying. She smiles with her eyes while she parties. Those are genuine smiles. She's scum.
You don't know every woman, neither do we, making such assumptions is simply ludicrous.
So your experience, second hand because it happened to someone else, is the basis for your hatred of another person.

Do you realize how silly and angry your posts sound?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:24 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,794,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You don't know every woman, neither do we, making such assumptions is simply ludicrous.
So your experience, second hand because it happened to someone else, is the basis for your hatred of another person.

Do you realize how silly and angry your posts sound?
You are right. I don't know every mother. That's why I challenged you to find ONE who partied after her child died who wasn't involved in the death . Go ahead, list all the mothers who have done this who were innocent?

We KNOW what a normal grief response is from a mother and it doesn't include going on a 31 day party spree and it doesn't include lying about where your child is. She has YET to give us a plausible story for what happened to Caylee. Gee, why might that be???

Yes, my posts are angry. I'm angry that justice will never be done for a little girl. I'm angry that CA will now profit off of her child's death. I think there's something really wrong with a society that allows killlers to walk free.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
That says something very negative about US citizenry.

I wonder if these same people are up in arms about child abuse that occurs every day, or do they succumb only to media frenzy.
I'm pretty sure there's someone in their acquaintances that has abused a child.

Just wow.
Obviously, the evidence was weak. You're making a lot of assumptions here.
Bottom line, you weren't there, you don't know.

Some people make assumptions with no evidence in their own lives, too.
Then they present that information and expect others to believe it and become outraged that the don't.
Another side of the same coin.

You really are big on analyzing other's lives.
I hope you spend that much time analyzing your own and your motives in all of your actions.
And that you never complain when others comment on your issues. That would be contradictory to what you're doing to another person here.

You are making assumptions about things you know nothing about.

But don't let that stop you.
Oh no, I'd love to hear her defend herself against the claims. I have never once said she should not defend herself. She should. If she's innocent, she can put this all to rest.

Are you serious? I'm part of the public and the public knows a lot about this case. We know CA lied for a month to her family about her child's whereabouts and while she lied, she partied. Strange reaction to her child's death for a loving mother, doncha think? $7000 in psych evaluations did not determine that she'd had any kind of break with reality. So, her actions were deliberate here and actions speak louder than words. Hers are not the actions of someone who is innocent and she has yet to give us a plausible story for what happened to little Caylee. She also is not screaming for justice for her child. Here's another list for you to make: Mothers whose children are murdered who DO NOT demand the killer be found.

I've stood beside mothers who have lost their children and they do not party. I don't believe for one second this woman is innocent. She just got away with it.

Unfortunately, it is now too late for justice. She could confess tomorrow and they couldn't retry her. So, society will pay to establish a new life for her and she'll make plans to write a book that I hope no one will buy....

Old 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM

52,104 posts, read 41,919,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
First, she's not innocent - she's been found not guilty.

Second, you misunderstand my post. When OJ was pronounced not guilty there was footage shown of law students at an historically black college jumping out of their chairs and high fiving.
To be honest, a lot of blacks looked at the trial as some sort of social bellweather while most whites were frankly more impartial (OJ was VERY well liked in the US, I personally really liked the guy).

In hindsight, a number of blacks that were young at the time are now somewhat sheepish about latching onto the OJ cart as some sort of affirmation of the struggles of blacks with the legal system over the years.
(And certainly some latched onto OJ in knee-jerk reaction to the white racists spouting about OJ)

It's not that their concerns and views were wrong or unfounded they just picked a REALLY bad posterchild to associate their hopes too. Even sadder is that it pointed out that the legal system isn't about black, brown or white as much as it is about green. If OJ had been some no-name accountant with mediocre defense he'd have been convicted.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 AM

52,104 posts, read 41,919,559 times
Quote:
Oh no, I'd love to hear her defend herself against the claims. I have never once said she should not defend herself. She should. If she's innocent, she can put this all to rest.

Are you serious? I'm part of the public and the public knows a lot about this case. We know CA lied for a month to her family about her child's whereabouts and while she lied, she partied. Strange reaction to her child's death for a loving mother, doncha think? $7000 in psych evaluations did not determine that she'd had any kind of break with reality. So, her actions were deliberate here and actions speak louder than words. Hers are not the actions of someone who is innocent and she has yet to give us a plausible story for what happened to little Caylee. She also is not screaming for justice for her child. Here's another list for you to make: Mothers whose children are murdered who DO NOT demand the killer be found.

I've stood beside mothers who have lost their children and they do not party. I don't believe for one second this woman is innocent. She just got away with it.

Unfortunately, it is now too late for justice. She could confess tomorrow and they couldn't retry her. So, society will pay to establish a new life for her and she'll make plans to write a book that I hope no one will buy....
My thoughts:
1) She has nothing to gain by trying to defend herself further as the court of public opinion closed shop a long time ago. I wouldn't be shocked to see her pop out a pay-sex tape or something equally disgusting to make some $$$.

2) It's possible that her daughtered did die by neglect\accident and she is a sociopath that was more relieved than anything and went partying. I think that people are ruling out the accident\sociopathic reaction angle which is a possibility.

I'm personally a bit unsure at this point on just exactly what happened.
I am completely sure however that there is something extremely wrong with that gal and I wouldn't let her watch my dog for 30minutes let alone go near my self or family.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:46 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,783,040 times
Quote:
I wouldn't let her watch my dog for 30 minutes
That pretty much says it all.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My thoughts:
1) She has nothing to gain by trying to defend herself further as the court of public opinion closed shop a long time ago. I wouldn't be shocked to see her pop out a pay-sex tape or something equally disgusting to make some $$$.

2) It's possible that her daughtered did die by neglect\accident and she is a sociopath that was more relieved than anything and went partying. I think that people are ruling out the accident\sociopathic reaction angle which is a possibility.

I'm personally a bit unsure at this point on just exactly what happened.
I am completely sure however that there is something extremely wrong with that gal and I wouldn't let her watch my dog for 30minutes let alone go near my self or family.
If there is a reasonable explanation for what happened to her daughter and her actions after her death, she has a lot to gain by making that public now. She cannot be tried again but has no hope of a normal life becasue of public outrage. She could also stand to make a lot of money (let's face it, she cares only for herself) by writing the book "How I did it" (parody on OJ's "If I did it"). According to my poll, approximately, 10% of the population will pay to read it and even if she makes only $1 per book, that's a lot of money to pay for partying...

I agree, it looks like there was something EXTREMELY wrong here. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with CA but I'm sure something is very wrong WRT her maternal instincts and sense of responsibility (wouldn't work, didn't pay her parents back, wrote bad checks, etc, etc, etc...She's out for one person that that is herself and she doesn't care who she throws under the bus in the process (her parents...).).

I have a friend who lost a child, suddenly (to a fall) and there is nothing that could have consoled her let alone gotten her to go out and party. Whether she might be blamed for neglect was the last thing on her mind as she called 911. Whatever happened to Caylee, her mother appears more concerned with getting caught than anything and that tells me she is responsible for her death whether accidental or on purpose.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
You are right. I don't know every mother. That's why I challenged you to find ONE who partied after her child died who wasn't involved in the death . Go ahead, list all the mothers who have done this who were innocent?

We KNOW what a normal grief response is from a mother and it doesn't include going on a 31 day party spree and it doesn't include lying about where your child is. She has YET to give us a plausible story for what happened to Caylee. Gee, why might that be???

Yes, my posts are angry. I'm angry that justice will never be done for a little girl. I'm angry that CA will now profit off of her child's death. I think there's something really wrong with a society that allows killlers to walk free.
I'm not doing your work for you.
I don't know what a person would do, neither do you.
Are you angry at all of the abused children in the world? Or do you not even care.
You are making the assumption that this woman is guilty, you have no clue if she is or not.

I agree with the US justice system. If you don't like the US system you have a few choices, try to change it or leave the country.
What if your DSS was convicted of something he didn't do, would you feel differently? Hmmmm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime