U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 05:25 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,762,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Why would the little guy be advertising in tabloids?

I don't care if a company is hurting from the economy. If they are supporting CA financially, I'm not going to support them and I'm going to let them why I refuse to use their products and services. I hope I have some company.

As to her paying off the people she owes, SHE should pay them off not the media. SHE should have to work her butt off for the rest of her life to pay the debts. She doesn't deserve to have some magazine pay her bills for her.
Let's see, there are the people who print them and distribute them for starters. i have friends who do magazine routes and they suffer when sales suffer, just sayin'
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 05:40 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,775,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Let's see, there are the people who print them and distribute them for starters. i have friends who do magazine routes and they suffer when sales suffer, just sayin'
Not likely to impact them. People who subscribe still will. I'm talking about those of us who decide at the checkout and I'm talking about attacking the companies who advertise and letting them know we will not stand for allowing her to profit from her child's death.

Trust me, the magazines won't go under if they refuse to print stories that CA profits from. They won't refuse if we stand by and do nothing.

If we stand united, they will refuse to pay her and this will not cause the magazines to go out of business or hurt those with magazine routes one bit.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:05 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,761,566 times
I almost wish that it could be taken a step further, refuse to purchase groceries at any store that carries a magazine with CA on the cover. Could the power of social nretworking make this happen?

It is interesting, her case is very polarizing, and almost too hot of a topic for conversation. People are either her vehement defenders, or can't stand her, and the jury decision. It is not a topic for casual conversation, as I found out yesterday. Just mentioning her name brings in outsiders to a conversation. I live in Florida, so maybe it is different here. Anyway, the "casual" conversation almost went to a shouting match between two women, who did not even know each other!! Wow!

Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 AM

25,911 posts, read 39,216,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I almost wish that it could be taken a step further, refuse to purchase groceries at any store that carries a magazine with CA on the cover. Could the power of social nretworking make this happen?

It is interesting, her case is very polarizing, and almost too hot of a topic for conversation. People are either her vehement defenders, or can't stand her, and the jury decision. It is not a topic for casual conversation, as I found out yesterday. Just mentioning her name brings in outsiders to a conversation. I live in Florida, so maybe it is different here. Anyway, the "casual" conversation almost went to a shouting match between two women, who did not even know each other!! Wow!
Even walking in Walmart, and you can hear employees or clients discuss the case...I wonder how many stores want the magazine with Casey on top, laying on their shelfs.

I also don't think many people want to hear Casey since we know she will lie, and how will Casey be able to cash in when she refuses to answer questions like "why did you accuse your dad and brother", "why did you let everybody search for Caylee while you knew all along that she drowned?"....

She probably won't answer these questions and that will mean the person paying for yh interview wont pay for the interview...it is not just sitting there and not deliver...interviewers will ask "hard" questions and without an answer no cash will be paid...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime