U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 01:01 PM

7,376 posts, read 12,898,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Casey Anthony has now been released from Prison after being found not guilty of killing her 2 year old daughter Caylee. The prosecution bungled its case and too much doubt was left in the jurors minds to convict in a capital murder case. There were those on the jury who do not believe she is innocent but because all the evidence was circumstantial and too many red herrings, they felt they could not convict her of murder. This is a clear case of just because someone is found not guilty it does NOT mean they are innocent....... OJ all over again.
What scares me about this case are a few things......
(1) This is another case where the jury system has failed...but what else can replace it and how can it be improved.
(2) How many desperate women out there will look at this case and then at their crying child who they do not want and blame for their awful lives, and then think they can also get away with getting rid of a unwanted child and also get the coverage and "celebrity" status that Casey has now got. This will be tempting to some. Awful thought but could happen.
(3) Casey and her family will now benefit from this case. Cindy is now looking at writing a book and Casey will no doubt earn a small fortune with interviews, a book, film etc etc........ Disgusting..... on the back of a dead 2 year old.
(4) This case has now cost the Tax payer many thousands. Expert witnesses were getting $20,000 and more each to testify.
This is not the first and probably won't be the last travisty of justice as many see this to be. Let's hope that this does not lead to the death of another innocent child because it is seen as a example of how desperate people can flaunt the law and get away with it.
1)Failed how? It looks like it worked to me. Not enough evidence=not guilty or would you just base cases on what you "feel"

2)Oh a lot Im sure. Just look at the OJ case. After he was found not guilty tons of guys went out and started murdering their wives and girlfriends. Sarcasm off.

3)What does this have to do with our justice system? Blame it on the prying eyes of the publics need to know everything about stuff that has nothing to do with their own lives.

4)Who was flaunting the law. I guess you mean casey anthony? Yeah she totally flaunted the law by getting a laywer to aid in her defense. God help us if anyone else does that.

Im so sick of hearing about this case. Its over with. I may not like or agree with the verdict but I will respect it. She had a fair trial, the prosecution had their chance and no system is perfect. We make it less perfect by crying for a different outcome when we dont like the verdict. Do you think the jury wanted to let her go free? Probably not, but they atleast had the common sense to do their job correctly. That is the justice system.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 05:28 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,080,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
1)Failed how? It looks like it worked to me. Not enough evidence=not guilty or would you just base cases on what you "feel"

2)Oh a lot Im sure. Just look at the OJ case. After he was found not guilty tons of guys went out and started murdering their wives and girlfriends. Sarcasm off.

3)What does this have to do with our justice system? Blame it on the prying eyes of the publics need to know everything about stuff that has nothing to do with their own lives.

4)Who was flaunting the law. I guess you mean casey anthony? Yeah she totally flaunted the law by getting a laywer to aid in her defense. God help us if anyone else does that.

Im so sick of hearing about this case. Its over with. I may not like or agree with the verdict but I will respect it. She had a fair trial, the prosecution had their chance and no system is perfect. We make it less perfect by crying for a different outcome when we dont like the verdict. Do you think the jury wanted to let her go free? Probably not, but they atleast had the common sense to do their job correctly. That is the justice system.
It is all fine and dandy until YOU are the one to get blamed for everything like George Anthony and Roy Kronk did. Until YOU are the one labeled as a child molestor that dumps your grandchild in a garbage dump.
Lots of luck finding a job or a friend but maybe God will help YOU.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:46 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,802,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorytickler View Post
You don't put duct tape on a child's face because the child accidentally died and duct tape doesn't accidentally end up on a child's face.
exactly!!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:51 PM

22,798 posts, read 16,868,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah, she probly put the duct tape on her face just for kicks.........

{ sarcasticly rolling eyes }
Speaking of eye rolls, do you have any proof that Casey Anthony put that duct tape on her daughter's face? If so, please provide that proof. Thank you.

You may commence to rolling your eyes...I find it to be quite telling.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:52 PM

22,798 posts, read 16,868,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
If she drowned in the pool, it's because no one was watching her. That is negligence.
So, every single parent who has had a child drown in a pool should go to jail, is what you are saying?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,775,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So, every single parent who has had a child drown in a pool should go to jail, is what you are saying?
That should be looked at. If you have a pool and you have a child it is not unreasonable that you keep the child safe from the pool. It is very likely negligence is involved when a child drowns in a pool and it should be investigated. That this mother lied to the police, didn't call 911 and went on a 31 day party spree afterwards is telling.... These are not the actions of a mother whose child died accidentally.

This post makes me appreciate my dad. He built a 10 foot chicken wire fence around our pool with a lock that required a ladder to unlock. It was butt ugly but it did the job.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 07-20-2011 at 05:20 AM..

Old 07-20-2011, 05:14 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,762,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Don't, completely, ignore them. Boycott any company that advertises in the magazines and any publisher that publishes books. I posted a poll asking whether people will pay to read Casey Anthony's story and about 10% say they will. 10% of all American's alone buying magazines and books would net her a huge profit. If the other 90% vow to boycot any company advertising in a magazine that allows her to profit from her daughter's death and we refuse to buy any books published by a publisher that allows her to profit from a book, we can have more impact than the 10% who want to make her rich.
Yeah, because the economy isn't hurting enough. a boycott is only really gonna hurt the "little guy". They'll be the first ones to feel the pinch. personally, i don't care if she makes money from her story, she won't see much, if any of it. She owes too much money to her lawyers, the Govt., and then there's the Gonzalas llawsuit (and she does deserve compensation)
So, let her make $$$ and then let the people she owes, get theirs.....crime wouldn't be paying her anyway.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Nancy Grace has more than likely made far more money off this case than Casey ever will....talk about vile
Amen to that!!! She's just a vulture, making money off the backs of dead kids, and should be ashamed of herself

Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,775,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Yeah, because the economy isn't hurting enough. a boycott is only really gonna hurt the "little guy". They'll be the first ones to feel the pinch. personally, i don't care if she makes money from her story, she won't see much, if any of it. She owes too much money to her lawyers, the Govt., and then there's the Gonzalas llawsuit (and she does deserve compensation)
So, let her make $$$ and then let the people she owes, get theirs.....crime wouldn't be paying her anyway.
Why would the little guy be advertising in tabloids?

I don't care if a company is hurting from the economy. If they are supporting CA financially, I'm not going to support them and I'm going to let them why I refuse to use their products and services. I hope I have some company.

As to her paying off the people she owes, SHE should pay them off not the media. SHE should have to work her butt off for the rest of her life to pay the debts. She doesn't deserve to have some magazine pay her bills for her.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Exactly right! These are points that have been making in previous posts. The CA symapthizers or "The jury has spoken...so just shut up about it" crowd, just do not get it. There are countless cases of parents being held accountable for their child's "accidental" death due to neglect. This woman was let off virually scott free of any reponsibility of the life and death of her baby. These jurors were the peers of morons.
No. they did their job. Now, the prosecution bent to the will of the people, and that's sad. they should have A) ignored Nancy gGrace and the public who were calling for Casey's head on a platter and worked on building better case, rather than assuming they had a "slam-dunk". they could have, B) Charged her with neglect etc. because she failed to report her kid missing...then after that was taken care of, and once they had actually built their case, then.... charge her with murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime