Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 05:51 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times

Advertisements

What is interesting about this case, is that on a depravity scale, this case is off the chart, the victim was a young child, method of death, pre-meditated, smothering with duct tape, and the body was treated with extreme callousness. Scary, that a person that deprved is walking on the streets. The scale is on depravity.org. Creepy that 12 people did not recognize that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 06:01 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,779 times
I think they need to launch an investigation into how that jury was treated in and out of the courtroom. At court they were herded in and out as cattle while both sides argued about what was admissible.....that had to be annoying.

I'd like to know what went on behind the scenes......was the hotel not giving them fresh towels and linen everyday. We're Baez and Mason sending them steak and lobster every night through a third party. Some how it seems as if the State ticked them off.

I think Orange County dropped the ball on this one, if your going to have a Pinellas jury, have a Pinellas trial but OC didn't want their cash cow convict out of Orlando......there were reports that this trial and the media circus it drew was the best thing to happen to the local economy in a long time.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:13 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
What is interesting about this case, is that on a depravity scale, this case is off the chart, the victim was a young child, method of death, pre-meditated, smothering with duct tape, and the body was treated with extreme callousness. Scary, that a person that deprved is walking on the streets. The scale is on depravity.org. Creepy that 12 people did not recognize that.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Casey Anthony has now been released from Prison after being found not guilty of killing her 2 year old daughter Caylee. The prosecution bungled its case and too much doubt was left in the jurors minds to convict in a capital murder case. There were those on the jury who do not believe she is innocent but because all the evidence was circumstantial and too many red herrings, they felt they could not convict her of murder. This is a clear case of just because someone is found not guilty it does NOT mean they are innocent....... OJ all over again.
What scares me about this case are a few things......
(1) This is another case where the jury system has failed...but what else can replace it and how can it be improved.
(2) How many desperate women out there will look at this case and then at their crying child who they do not want and blame for their awful lives, and then think they can also get away with getting rid of a unwanted child and also get the coverage and "celebrity" status that Casey has now got. This will be tempting to some. Awful thought but could happen.
(3) Casey and her family will now benefit from this case. Cindy is now looking at writing a book and Casey will no doubt earn a small fortune with interviews, a book, film etc etc........ Disgusting..... on the back of a dead 2 year old.
(4) This case has now cost the Tax payer many thousands. Expert witnesses were getting $20,000 and more each to testify.
This is not the first and probably won't be the last travisty of justice as many see this to be. Let's hope that this does not lead to the death of another innocent child because it is seen as a example of how desperate people can flaunt the law and get away with it.
One thing the public can do is to ignore any magazine, book, movie with any of the Anthony's and their lawyers so nobody can profit of them and non of them can profit. In that case we the tax payers won't get a dime back but at least we know that crime won't pay off and that might be something a defense lawyer is not happy with and with no money coming in they will think twice the next time in a case like this. It will have to be old fashion love for the job to defend someone like this and not based on the money coming in later. To me it was ridiculous all these high profile defense lawyers that came on this case..that will make them think twice.

So please don't buy anything with any of the Anthony's on it, in it or any of their lawyers...if you really want to read it, read it in the grocery store and put it away before you pay, mostly it will be the same crap and that way nobody will make a dime and they will be out of the lime light, left with their own missery and all of them were guilty of enabeling, etc...

Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
One thing the public can do is to ignore any magazine, book, movie with any of the Anthony's and their lawyers so nobody can profit of them and non of them can profit. In that case we the tax payers won't get a dime back but at least we know that crime won't pay off and that might be something a defense lawyer is not happy with and with no money coming in they will think twice the next time in a case like this. It will have to be old fashion love for the job to defend someone like this and not based on the money coming in later. To me it was ridiculous all these high profile defense lawyers that came on this case..that will make them think twice.

So please don't buy anything with any of the Anthony's on it, in it or any of their lawyers...if you really want to read it, read it in the grocery store and put it away before you pay, mostly it will be the same crap and that way nobody will make a dime and they will be out of the lime light, left with their own missery and all of them were guilty of enabeling, etc...
Don't, completely, ignore them. Boycott any company that advertises in the magazines and any publisher that publishes books. I posted a poll asking whether people will pay to read Casey Anthony's story and about 10% say they will. 10% of all American's alone buying magazines and books would net her a huge profit. If the other 90% vow to boycot any company advertising in a magazine that allows her to profit from her daughter's death and we refuse to buy any books published by a publisher that allows her to profit from a book, we can have more impact than the 10% who want to make her rich.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:58 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times
I don't have TV, but saw this case come up when I opened up my internet. I don't let the media dictate what I spend my time on.

We are being robbed as American citizens and people are watching this crap.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What part of "not guilty" did you not understand?
The "not" part
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
People need to learn the difference between 'not-guilty' and 'innocent'
Absolutely.

They should change it to "not proven" so that the people who arent capable of thinking for themselves dont get confused

Old 07-18-2011, 04:00 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
If letting guilty people go free stopped innocent people getting executed actually happened..... then the trade off would be worth it but that is not the case.

And you know this how?

The prosecution failed to make their case, period. Happens every day - it just usually isn't on TV.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:05 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And you know this how?

The prosecution failed to make their case, period. Happens every day - it just usually isn't on TV.
It's a little eaiser to swallow when there isn't a dead toddler in the story. Most criminals who get off on crimes they committed will go on to commit another crime and do time for that. I pray to God that Casey Anthony doen't repeat her crime. One dead toddler is enough.

People are just venting. They are scratching their head at the jury. Any idiot can see Casey Anthony was involved in her daughter's murder and that fits manslaughter which includes accidental death. Yet, she walks free. She's been acquitted and can never stand trial again. We have to accept that but part of accepting that is working through the denial stage of grief (people are grieving for a little girl for whom there will never be justice). It'll die down in time and Casey Anthony will go on to live a normal life just like other released child killers have done (think Mary Bell).

We just really don't like child killers. I don't know why given that it's legal to kill a child before it's born. You'd think we'd be softer on child killers given, as a society, we don't value the lives of the very young. Just an oddity about our society I guess. We're not very consistent.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:16 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Casey Anthony has now been released from Prison after being found not guilty of killing her 2 year old daughter Caylee. The prosecution bungled its case and too much doubt was left in the jurors minds to convict in a capital murder case. There were those on the jury who do not believe she is innocent but because all the evidence was circumstantial and too many red herrings, they felt they could not convict her of murder. This is a clear case of just because someone is found not guilty it does NOT mean they are innocent....... OJ all over again.
What scares me about this case are a few things......
(1) This is another case where the jury system has failed...but what else can replace it and how can it be improved.
(2) How many desperate women out there will look at this case and then at their crying child who they do not want and blame for their awful lives, and then think they can also get away with getting rid of a unwanted child and also get the coverage and "celebrity" status that Casey has now got. This will be tempting to some. Awful thought but could happen.
(3) Casey and her family will now benefit from this case. Cindy is now looking at writing a book and Casey will no doubt earn a small fortune with interviews, a book, film etc etc........ Disgusting..... on the back of a dead 2 year old.(4) This case has now cost the Tax payer many thousands. Expert witnesses were getting $20,000 and more each to testify.
This is not the first and probably won't be the last travisty of justice as many see this to be. Let's hope that this does not lead to the death of another innocent child because it is seen as a example of how desperate people can flaunt the law and get away with it.
Nancy Grace has more than likely made far more money off this case than Casey ever will....talk about vile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime