Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:53 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,553,733 times

Advertisements

I think she is trying to safe her daughter...who will believe her...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 04:46 PM

664 posts, read 1,023,930 times
This will give the jury reasonable doubt.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:49 PM

14,984 posts, read 23,771,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
This will give the jury reasonable doubt.
Reasonable doubt for first degree murder maybe...so she only does 10 to 20 and gets out when she is in her 40's. We will see.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:39 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,813,073 times
Cindy may be perjuring herself on the stand...and have some troubles of her own. The state was furious with her!

Old 06-23-2011, 06:06 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,518,709 times
Upsetting. The denial and defense of Casey...as an R.N. why would Cindy Anthony be looking up neck breaking????? makes no sense

Old 06-23-2011, 06:46 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,860,074 times
i am sure that cindy is lying. i never thought that a grandmother who said that she loved her grandchild and wanted to adopt her (at least the story goes), couldn't report the grandchild missing for over 30 days-especially when everybody said that her own daughter, casey, was a compulsive liar and manipulator. where was the concern for the grandchild then?

the whole family has a history of lying and deception. they got a mortgage modification due to lack of income, and taxpayers have to foot the bill for casey's defense. remember that tot mom got $200,000 in exchange for photographs and video of little Caylee from ABC.

It has also been reported that NBC News paid money for photo licensing fees, and George and Cindy Anthony were paid for their participation in a 48 Hours special on the case. nothing like profiting from your grandchild's murder, i always say.

do people realize that NONE of them work, even lee? they are all working age but none of them have a job, and soon the taxpayers will be paying to house casey in prison for the rest of her life or until the death sentence is carried out.

Last edited by floridasandy; 06-23-2011 at 06:55 PM..

Old 06-23-2011, 06:48 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,035,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Upsetting. The denial and defense of Casey...as an R.N. why would Cindy Anthony be looking up neck breaking????? makes no sense
This is how facts get misconstrued- like the old game of telephone, the end conversation never relates much to the beginning conversation. The MSM talking bobble-heads do not help much when it comes to clarity.

Cindy was NOT looking up "neck breaking". Cindy stated that during her search a pop-up came up depicting a skate boarder and was captioned with some saying about a neck breaking speed- or something to that effect.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,318,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
she claimed that was a youtube pop-up.

Two things bother me about her testimony today:

1) she has spoken out to the media several times in defense of Casey. Why hasn't she shared this tidbit of info previously?

2) Her recounting of each thing she googled and why she googled them seemed way too rehearsed to me, especially the comment about the neck breaking pop-up. I'm on the computer every day and I don't remember the pop-ups, especially the ones I don't click on.

3) Okay so I lied about having two things...she can remember minuscule details about her internet searches but doesn't know when she was at work?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:50 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,035,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I think she is trying to safe her daughter...who will believe her...?
On other forums it is pretty funny to see that all the posters who had great sympathy for Cindy- now saying she is lying and are throwing the heretofore loving and sympathy inducing grandmother under the bus.

I tend to believe Cindy because I don't think she would perjure herself. I do believe she would testify truthfully to ANYTHING that would save Casey from the death penalty.

Cindy's work schedule is under scrutiny as it is said Cindy was at work on the days in question. But I believe her when she says she was at home because I worked home health myself.

As Cindy stated, you cannot put down more than 8 hours per day, so some days you work 10 hours, 9 hours, whatever and on other less busy days you work 4-6 hours to "even out" the time.

Also, she was on salary and got paid a set amount regardless of hours worked. BUT hours (no more than 8 per day) must still be entered on a time card or computerized log by law. This was EXACTLY my situation in home health.

Also, due to the nature of the job, one could be out on a field visit and could conceivably stop at home as well and then return to the office. Or you make a visit/run a business errand toward the end of the day and go straight home from it, getting home perhaps a bit earlier than the "quit time", but usually, actually almost always, having documentation to complete at home.

It is interesting that this practice by employers can effect proving one's whereabouts- should absolute accuracy in accounting for one's time ever become important.

Anyway, I'd say there's your reasonable doubt for at least one juror.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:53 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,518,709 times
She remembers a youtube pop up from 3 years ago??? omg most people dont even recall their passwords for that site if they dont use it often.

baez-good job with smoke and mirrors on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime