Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 03:29 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
what is Aspbergers? What are the Signs I ahve heard of it but never read about it . Maybe you can give me the cliff notes on this.
Asperger's Syndrome-Symptoms

Difficulty in social situations, inability to make eye contact, attention to detail (often leads to academic success - engineering is a common career choice), can be extremely focused, difficulty in reading emotions in others, tendency to have one sided conversations...

I'm really not sure why anyone is suggesting she has aspergers or what it would have to do with this case. People with aspergers don't tend to be killers any more than anyone else from what I can see. I'd actually guess less so (nothing to stand on here just from people I know with aspergers) as they tend to not read the emotions of others well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
She cost the taxpayers close to $7,000 in clinical evaluations during the trial. Surely they would have diagnosed her, but they didn't.
Can you actually diagnose a sociopath? I don't believe it's a clinical disorder.
This discussion is also on the Mental Health forum. The mental health issues of Casey Anthony

Old 07-18-2011, 11:17 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Difficulty in social situations, inability to make eye contact, attention to detail (often leads to academic success - engineering is a common career choice), can be extremely focused, difficulty in reading emotions in others, tendency to have one sided conversations...

I'm really not sure why anyone is suggesting she has aspergers or what it would have to do with this case. People with aspergers don't tend to be killers any more than anyone else from what I can see. I'd actually guess less so (nothing to stand on here just from people I know with aspergers) as they tend to not read the emotions of others well.
Because you see no one is responsible for their actions these days that is why.

So let's grasp at straws and find a way to blame this on someone or something else.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Because you see no one is responsible for their actions these days that is why.

So let's grasp at straws and find a way to blame this on someone or something else.
That's what our society does. Blame everyone except the person responsible.

I can't think of a single diagnosis that hasn't already been ruled out where I could even, remotely, blame the illness. Psychopaths who hear voices telling them to kill are about the only one I can come up with and she's been cleared there.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:10 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Thank you sound very interesting.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 AM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Psychopaths who hear voices telling them to kill are about the only one I can come up with and she's been cleared there.
Psychopaths don't hear voices; schizophrenics do. Rarely are schizophrenics violent and even more rarely do they commit murder.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Psychopaths don't hear voices; schizophrenics do. Rarely are schizophrenics violent and even more rarely do they commit murder.
I thought psychopaths could hear voices too. I was thinking about people like Andrea Yates. Her diagnosis was postpartum psychosis. It's been a long time since I took abnormal psychology. My point is simply that there are only a few disorders where I think you can blame the illness. People like Andrea Yates fit into that category as do people who hear voices telling them what to do whaver their official diagnosis. I'll broaden that to people who are delusional or hear voices...

As to schizophrenics being rarely violent, I'll disagree on personal experience. Unfortunately, schizophrenia runs in my family and violence is characteristic. I don't even want to think what my uncle was capable of. Fortuntely, he spent most of his life locked up.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 07-21-2011 at 08:10 AM..

Old 07-21-2011, 09:30 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Schizophrenics ARE violent. Without taking medication, they can be very unpredictable. What is scary about that diagnosis, is that they can lash out at anyone for any reason. Completely random.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:16 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Whatever her problem is somewhere in her brain is an amazing ability to tell elaborate lies. How in the world can someone keep all those lies straight for years. Her imaginary friends she had the ability to add relatives, physical descriptions, where they worked. How does one keep all that false info straight?

She lied over and over to law enforcement, her parents, her brother, her real people friends. Not just a simple little 'white lie' but long details. Is Casey a pathological, compulsive, chronic, or habitual liar?

This started long before Caylee was born evidenced by her quitting school and not telling her parents until two days before she was suppose to graduate and probably the lying started earlier than high school.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
I don't think she has Asperger's.

If people are curious to understand Casey's behavior then I recommend reading this book-

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime