U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:16 PM

1,422 posts, read 4,638,297 times

Advertisements

I agree. The shirt wrapped around the rope and then stuffed in her mouth, the contusions on the top of her head, which were not included in the report, the timeline, the anonymity of sources (they won't say who left her a voicemail at 1AM about the child), etc. When you consider all of these elements together, it just sounds so implausible, especially the naked part. And they keep saying that Joshua was not home, but no one states where he was. Maybe it's as simple as he was at the hospital, but why don't they just say that if that's the case, instead of this ambiguous "he was not there"? He had to be somewhere all night long, what's the big mystery?

And frankly, the 8 year old's accident explanation sounds implausible to me as well. Is it just me, or does anyone else think the demonstration of how he died seems hinky?

I don't have any idea what went on there, and the MEs report could be true, but IMO, something stinks in Denmark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,732,472 times
The whole thing is creepy. I don't think that I would buy that house, if it went on the market. Maybe they were playing with a Ouija board or something...who knows...Just the whole thing is bizarro...The police did not spend alot of time on the child's death either...open and shut...interesting.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,910,143 times
The Zahau families request to reopen the case should be met.

All the DNA on the rope was Zahaus.
Whats the possibility of not contaminating the rope with your own DNA while cutting it down?

The child could have been accidental, depending on the boys height and the height of the railing.

Scroll down and look at the diagram.
This looks to be an adult height? Hes apparently running in the diagram done to explain his death?

Read more: Jonah Shacknai's lover Rebecca Zahau left painted message before she 'committed suicide' | Mail Online

Old 09-08-2011, 07:07 AM

507 posts, read 1,330,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The Zahau families request to reopen the case should be met.

All the DNA on the rope was Zahaus.
Whats the possibility of not contaminating the rope with your own DNA while cutting it down?

The child could have been accidental, depending on the boys height and the height of the railing.

Scroll down and look at the diagram.
This looks to be an adult height? Hes apparently running in the diagram done to explain his death?

Read more: Jonah Shacknai's lover Rebecca Zahau left painted message before she 'committed suicide' | Mail Online

It's obvious to me that local law enforcement and the local medical examiner have been bought. IMO the family needs to take this to the Feds and get a new autopsy by an outside medical examiner with a rock solid reputation.

This thing DOES stink, hopefully the Shacknai wealth will only be able to go so far.... and the family of Rebecca will see justice.

I think the kid's fall was an accident. It was reported two teens were also present, Rebecca was in the shower and the kids were "planking". Tragic accident.

The brother of Jonah on the other hand..... I'd bet money he is a kinky freak.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
pll

1,052 posts, read 2,157,021 times
Both deaths are very suspicious to me. I wonder Shacknai had any enemies.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:26 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,910,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
The brother of Jonah on the other hand..... I'd bet money he is a kinky freak.
If not this, there was a lot about Rebecca Zahau people didn't know.

Look at the missing women in Aruba, her live in boyfriend didn't have a clue she was frequenting swingers websites.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If not this, there was a lot about Rebecca Zahau people didn't know.

Look at the missing women in Aruba, her live in boyfriend didn't have a clue she was frequenting swingers websites.
It was reported Jonah Shacknai was telling friends he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Rebecca. I wonder if the brother (can't recall his name) had some kind of obsession with Rebecca and she was avoiding his advances or something along those lines?

I just don't think this was a suicide, and I think her killer wanted to humiliate her and Jonah with the bizarre nudity and binding.

I don't believe the brother cut her down and did CPR. She was dead for hours before he called authorities (was it 911?). After hanging for 3+ hours I'm sure it was very obvious she was dead. Yet he claims he did CPR? I don't think so. Why lie?

Old 09-09-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Seattle-based lawyer Anne Bremner, who is representing Zahau's family, told Reuters on Thursday that she has retained "forensic and psychiatric experts to take another look at the findings and the underlying evidence."
This is good news.

More can be read here:

Family dispute cause of drug company CEO girlfriend's death | Reuters

Old 09-10-2011, 06:42 PM

2,888 posts, read 4,353,050 times
A defense of the police departments conclusion:

Roy Black: Max Shacknai Babysitter Rebecca Zahau

My problem with this response is why no mention of the T-shirt stuffed in her mouth, the head contusions, and most importantly: if Adam Shacknei is the one who found her and cut her down, how is there no DNA evidence belonging to him, or his footprints on the balcony, at the scene of her death? How is it only her DNA was found, and only her footprints on the balcony, minus one shoe print from an officer that was identified?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 4,353,050 times
Look, I'm not some conspiracy theorist nut. It's just that there are so many holes in the police's department's conclusion, and the quick way that they closed the case, that something feels intuitively wrong about this. Two people's lives were lost, their hope's and dreams and potential, all gone within a matter of days. The police owe to their memories and to all of us, as those they have chosen to "Protect and to Serve", to keep this case open until all open questions can be reasonably be answered, no matter how long that takes.

And the fact that Jonah Shacknei's first response to Rebecca's death was to hire a PR firm, and to later threaten to sue her family for not being satisfied with the investigtion's conclusion does not endure me to accept the facts with their holes and all.

Justice does not seem served here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or