U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:54 AM

507 posts, read 1,329,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Look, I'm not some conspiracy theorist nut. It's just that there are so many holes in the police's department's conclusion, and the quick way that they closed the case, that something feels intuitively wrong about this. Two people's lives were lost, their hope's and dreams and potential, all gone within a matter of days. The police owe to their memories and to all of us, as those they have chosen to "Protect and to Serve", to keep this case open until all open questions can be reasonably be answered, no matter how long that takes.

And the fact that Jonah Shacknei's first response to Rebecca's death was to hire a PR firm, and to later threaten to sue her family for not being satisfied with the investigtion's conclusion does not endure me to accept the facts with their holes and all.

Justice does not seem served here...
Well said. I was shocked that Jonah Shacknei had his lawyer threaten Rebecca's family. You would think that Jonah himself would also want answers, yet he attacks her family?? The family never accused Jonah. IIRC Jonah was at the hospital.

Nope, none of this adds up. I'm glad the family has a lawyer and they are trying to launch their own investigation, but they shouldn't have to do that... this is horrible. If I was their lawyer the first thing I would do is arrange a second autopsy with a good forensic pathologist. A different conclusion might force the cops to re-investigate. I wonder if they can get the FBI involved? Something stinks at the San Diego PD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 AM

1,422 posts, read 4,634,402 times
In fairness, if what I read is correct, Jonah's attorney demanded that the accusations by Rebecca's family that Jonah and his money had influenced the outcome of the investigation cease. He didn't threaten them to stop pursuing further investigation, just that the comments cease in regard to him buying off law enforcement and other officials.

That's different than trying to force them to stop asking questions or investigate further.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
In fairness, if what I read is correct, Jonah's attorney demanded that the accusations by Rebecca's family that Jonah and his money had influenced the outcome of the investigation cease. He didn't threaten them to stop pursuing further investigation, just that the comments cease in regard to him buying off law enforcement and other officials.

That's different than trying to force them to stop asking questions or investigate further.
When did the family accuse Jonah?? They have not mentioned his name. They have not accused anyone, they just want the investigation reopened. I don't blame them.

I don't think Jonah killed Rebecca, he was at the hospital, but I think it's possible he left her a horrible message at 12:50AM. I think that is the reason no details have been released about the call.

That doesn't mean Rebecca was suicidal.

I still think the brother needs a very close look. I also think Jonah blamed Rebecca for Max's accident, and it's very possible he is covering for his brother.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 PM

18 posts, read 26,903 times
Very sad story.

I dont think the woman could of hung herself with her legs and feet tied, sounds more like a murder

Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 AM

This case just gets more strange. Anyone still following?

Here is a good write up on the newly released docs from the search warrant:

The Hinky Meter | …because something's just not right.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 PM

15,774 posts, read 15,008,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Here is a good write up on the newly released docs from the search warrant...
That is really strange. I hope Rebecca's family continues to pursue this.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:32 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,350,909 times
Rebecca Zahau: Police 'ignored witness who heard scream from Shacknai mansion' | Mail Online

Above is even more evidence of how the police seemed to rush this case to a conclusion without duly investigating every lead or clue.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 PM

I can't understand how the case could be closed if Zahau's family doesn't have a copy of the police report.
Rebecca Zahau's Family Wants State to Investigate Coronado Mansion Death | NBC San Diego

Phone records released:
Family attorney releases 200 pages of Zahau's phone records - San Diego, California Talk Radio Station - 760 KFMB AM - 760kfmb

Old 10-02-2011, 02:55 PM
pll

1,052 posts, read 2,156,069 times
Interesting:

San Diego Reader | The True Heart of Rebecca Zahau

Old 10-27-2011, 02:53 PM

It's too bad she was buried before the necessary tests were performed. Hope Dr. Phil has good intentions.

Dr Phil pays to have Rebecca Zahaus body exhumed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or