U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 PM

3,092 posts, read 3,456,847 times

Advertisements

Completely agree with you. She doesn't even know who she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I love vocational rehabilitation customers like Casey...never been able to hold down a job, no high school diploma, a felon..."I want to be a lawyer". Without a clue about the real skills needed. Not unlike drug addicts that want to be substance abuse counselors after attending treatment. Nothing wrong with a goal, but the problem is that the ideas are so grandiose. Not based in reality at all. How about Casey having a goal of finishing high school, and holding down ANY job for a minimum of six months, I bet it would not happen. She is SO typical, she over estimates her skills, good social skills does not equal having the fortitude to be successful in college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 08:17 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,318,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
After reading this thread up to now, I would say that most of the posters have already forgotten that the woman was found Not Guilty by a jury of her peers. Some keep saying she is a convicted felon. When will you people realize that we don't hold trials by mobs because they just wouldn't be fair at all.

Hey, I might not be so happy with the verdict but the jury made it and according to our laws they had final say. You people who think you should have been part of the mob that killed her because someone yelled kill her are the very reason we have to do these things the way we do.
She was a convicted felon prior to her murder trial.

In January 2010 Casey Anthony was in court with forgery charges against her. She was charged with forgery when she stole checks from her BFF Amy Huizenga. She was charged with 13 separate crimes or offenses and this is felony charges. Nothing to do with the murder trial.

Casey: "I Just Want To Let Everyone Know I’m Sorry" - News Story - WFTV Orlando

As for the four counts of uttering a forged check, 4, 7, 10, 13, and as to counts 5, 8, 11, three of the four fraudulent use of identification counts, the court is going to withhold adjudication with time served and one year of supervised probation,” Judge Strickland said. “I've done what I think is fair based on what I know.”

When does she serve the one year of supervised probation, that sort of fell by the wayside.

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 07-20-2011 at 08:27 PM..

Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 PM

22,820 posts, read 16,883,479 times
Quote:
What is sad, is that she thinks that those lawyers are her friends...they are people who are paid to spend time with her, she paid them a retainer, and follow up payment has been provided by the state of Florida. See how long those people will be her "friends" when they are no longer being paid.
And I agree again...we are two for two, jasper. You are so right about this and I think she's going to be in for a rude awakening when that reality hits her.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:23 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,167,959 times
She is hardwired perfectly to be a lawyer. Then she should run for Congress. Outstanding potential.

You go, girl!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:48 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,664,316 times
I'm shocked. The poor woman, maligned by media and citizens worldwide. Found not guilty for the crime she was accused of and now she wants to be a lawyer? What is wrong with that? Why is everyone lambasting this poor young lady, who has obviously seen the errors of her ways, and is getting a real job, to be a productive member of society. As members in this society, we should be assisting her and not holding her back.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,864,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The Bar would not approve her...even if she [somehow] earned a JD after graduating from high school and undergraduate school. Good luck with that happening!
Why?
This is not necessarily so.
Please show clear proof that "the Bar" and what State Bar of the 50 States would not approve her and the reasons.TShe was found not guilty of a capital crime.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 AM

25,956 posts, read 39,243,509 times
I heard on tv that Baez used to sell bikinis online....that is probably why the female inmates like him so much...which lawyer can help you to get nice bikinis as well as some legal advise...

In Holland there was a kidnapper who turned into a murderer when he murdered Gerrit-Jan Heyn the brother of the famous grocery mogul (Albertson, Albert Heyn). The killer studied Law in prison while sitting out the 13 years he had to spend for the murder since that is what a "life sentence" is in Holland after "good behavior" time is deducted " from the 21 yrs that is given for murder over there...

The tax layers paid for his study and on top of that he kept receiving welfare while in prison, ending up with over $ 300 K when he was released....I guess Karma took care of him when he died being hid on his bike by a car....nobody cared that his life ended that way...the killer had the rudeness to shop at the victims family grocery stores after being released...!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:27 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,777,758 times
If nothing else, her statement that she is going to be a lawyer does nothing but convince me of Casey Anthony's pathology, and complete disconnect with reality. She lives in a fantasy world. That fantasy world was first with her parents who supported her, never made demands on her, and when it did get too "hot" she solved the problem by "erasing" Caylee, who was the cause of the problems, and moving to live with Tony, that relationship was going to crash soon, he did not want a live in GF. Then, her problems of supporting herself were again solved, by being in jail for the last three years. And her attorneys have been "taking" care of her, just "shopping" around to see how much more money they can get out of her, in regards to pimping her out for interviews, or whatever.

It will be interesting to see when the reality wall hits Casey. If she can't bank on any money now, the next plan is no doubt an application for SSI, based on psychological issues. I don't see that happening.

She has never even had to pay for her own food. Now she wants to be a lawyer...okay. Reality check. Unless she finds a loser guy to support her, that won't happen.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:32 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,789,619 times
Quote:
If nothing else, her statement that she is going to be a lawyer does nothing but convince me of Casey Anthony's pathology, and complete disconnect with reality. She lives in a fantasy world. That fantasy world was first with her parents who supported her, never made demands on her, and when it did get too "hot" she solved the problem by "erasing" Caylee, who was the cause of the problems, and moving to live with Tony, that relationship was going to crash soon, he did not want a live in GF. Then, her problems of supporting herself were again solved, by being in jail for the last three years. And her attorneys have been "taking" care of her, just "shopping" around to see how much more money they can get out of her, in regards to pimping her out for interviews, or whatever.

It will be interesting to see when the reality wall hits Casey. If she can't bank on any money now, the next plan is no doubt an application for SSI, based on psychological issues. I don't see that happening.

She has never even had to pay for her own food. Now she wants to be a lawyer...okay. Reality check. Unless she finds a loser guy to support her, that won't happen.
I agree with your assessment. She does not take responsibility for anything. Not her own support and not motherhood. She thinks everyone owes her and she should have to do nothing. She'll never finish a law degree. No one will do it for her.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,318,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The Bar would not approve her...even if she [somehow] earned a JD after graduating from high school and undergraduate school. Good luck with that happening!
Jose Baez, Casey's mentor, graduated from law school in 1997. It took him eight years to be accepted by the Florida Bar Association.

An order by the Supreme Court of Florida states that he was denied admission because of his failure to pay child support to his ex-wife and secure life and health insurance for his teenage daughter. It states that he had previously declared bankruptcy, written bad checks and defaulted on student loans, the court said.

ABC News Nightline - Jose Baez

He was admitted to the Florida Bar Association in 2005. In 2008 during Casey Anthony's booking inmates were discussing lawyers and the Baez name came up. Casey told the inmate if he is good pass my name to him.

He won, he got her off. His gravy train arrived ... fame and fortune! If Casey wants to be an attorney I am sure her mentor with all his past problems can lead her by the hand to attorneydom! But ... this could be another figure of her imagination ... you remember when you were a child and wanted to be a nurse, doctor, fireman, whatever.

She is a convicted felon from the charges she pleaded guilty to in January of 2010. The checks she stole from her friend Amy. In 2007 Florida passed a law allowing convicted felons to vote. So who knows they may allow felons to be attorneys. Only 13 states do not allow felons the right to vote.

It appears Cheney Mason wants to separate himself from Casey Anthony so it will be up to Baez to tend to her until he milks the pot-of-gold for all he can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime