Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Jose Baez, Casey's mentor, graduated from law school in 1997. It took him eight years to be accepted by the Florida Bar Association.

An order by the Supreme Court of Florida states that he was denied admission because of his failure to pay child support to his ex-wife and secure life and health insurance for his teenage daughter. It states that he had previously declared bankruptcy, written bad checks and defaulted on student loans, the court said.

ABC News Nightline - Jose Baez

He was admitted to the Florida Bar Association in 2005. In 2008 during Casey Anthony's booking inmates were discussing lawyers and the Baez name came up. Casey told the inmate if he is good pass my name to him.

He won, he got her off. His gravy train arrived ... fame and fortune! If Casey wants to be an attorney I am sure her mentor with all his past problems can lead her by the hand to attorneydom! But ... this could be another figure of her imagination ... you remember when you were a child and wanted to be a nurse, doctor, fireman, whatever.

She is a convicted felon from the charges she pleaded guilty to in January of 2010. The checks she stole from her friend Amy. In 2007 Florida passed a law allowing convicted felons to vote. So who knows they may allow felons to be attorneys. Only 13 states do not allow felons the right to vote.

It appears Cheney Mason wants to separate himself from Casey Anthony so it will be up to Baez to tend to her until he milks the pot-of-gold for all he can.
There's no way Casey Anthony would ever make it to where she would [even] qualify to enter law school. But even if she did - I'm very sure she would score miserably on the logical reasoning portion of the LSAT knowing what all she has lied about and claimed - her thinking that others would believe such stories (which the jurors did to some extent and shows that they also are as dumb as she is). I doubt she would score high enough to even get into a bottom tier law school even if she had completed high school and undergraduate school with honors. But...we're talking about something that will never ever happen, so it's really a moot point anyway. The lying child murderer was just foaming at the mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 01:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
r u one of those guys proposing marriage to ca cause she may get rich or have you lost your mind????
My wife and I agree that she wasn't convicted by the jury and my wife thinks that at 78 I am a bit too old to want to marry Casey. Auntie you need to learn how to spell are and not write like a teenager.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:08 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I have no doubt that if Casey is a gravy train, Baez has set up a corporation to funnel the money thru, to evade child support. I worked with one attorney who was "self employed" she leased a BMW, basically declared no assets, and her income from her self employment was "eaten up" by her employment expenses. She was eligible for Medicaid, food stamps, and child care for herself and her kids. She sent in detailed spread sheets that documented that she was dirt poor!!! Annoying.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Just because the jury found her not guilty based on a lack of physical evidence....doesn't mean the public has to go all retarded and pretend she isn't guilty. If she hadn't lied to the police, they would've found the body sooner and they would have had cause of death.

She threw all her family and anyone else she could think of under the bus, so who do you think she was really trying to protect by lying?
Did you hear everything the jurors heard and see all the "evidence" they were shown? If you had you would be after her with a gun now instead of just saying the public doesn't have to accept the verdict of the jury. You do know that the law calls for us to accept their decision, don't you?

Old 07-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
I was saying she's a ex-criminal... she spent a long time in jail. I don't know why you quoted me and assumed all those things about me...
But all that time in jail was spent waiting trial. BTW, I might add that I didn't indicate answer to you when I jumped in this thread. I pushed the REPLY button and was talking to all not just you.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
She was a convicted felon prior to her murder trial.

In January 2010 Casey Anthony was in court with forgery charges against her. She was charged with forgery when she stole checks from her BFF Amy Huizenga. She was charged with 13 separate crimes or offenses and this is felony charges. Nothing to do with the murder trial.

Casey: "I Just Want To Let Everyone Know I’m Sorry" - News Story - WFTV Orlando

As for the four counts of uttering a forged check, 4, 7, 10, 13, and as to counts 5, 8, 11, three of the four fraudulent use of identification counts, the court is going to withhold adjudication with time served and one year of supervised probation,†Judge Strickland said. “I've done what I think is fair based on what I know.â€

When does she serve the one year of supervised probation, that sort of fell by the wayside.
I stopped reading your link when I read these words. I was sure that she had never been tried for those crimes but here is the real proof for you.

The judge then asked Casey questions about the submitted plea and confirmed that she was aware of the meaning of the plea she was entering, that she’s giving up the right to go to trial and that she wasn’t coerced into making it.

Do you see the words about her not going to trial for admitting her crimes? I hope you see it and understand that she was never convicted by a jury for those crimes.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why?
This is not necessarily so.
Please show clear proof that "the Bar" and what State Bar of the 50 States would not approve her and the reasons.TShe was found not guilty of a capital crime.
This time we are in complete agreement. However, most of these haters think that the jury was totally wrong because the media had convicted her before the trial.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
There's no way Casey Anthony would ever make it to where she would [even] qualify to enter law school. But even if she did - I'm very sure she would score miserably on the logical reasoning portion of the LSAT knowing what all she has lied about and claimed - her thinking that others would believe such stories (which the jurors did to some extent and shows that they also are as dumb as she is). I doubt she would score high enough to even get into a bottom tier law school even if she had completed high school and undergraduate school with honors. But...we're talking about something that will never ever happen, so it's really a moot point anyway. The lying child murderer was just foaming at the mouth.
I will certainly make sure that my lawyer doesn't accept you as a juror in case I commit some crime and have to be tried. You tried and convicted that woman before the jurors even heard the case and I don't need any jurors who do like that.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:43 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I will certainly make sure that my lawyer doesn't accept you as a juror in case I commit some crime and have to be tried. You tried and convicted that woman before the jurors even heard the case and I don't need any jurors who do like that.
I would likely be excused from serving.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:12 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I am constantly amazed when I hear about a person such as Casey Anthony, who is a High School drop out, musing about becoming a lawyer.

This is typical of her disconnect between reality and fantasy, how she would like to be perceived and what she really is able to do. I do not think that she is stupid, just lazy, self indulgent and disinterested in anything where she is not the center of attraction.

She was never an average student much less a diligent one! I truly wonder if the woman has ever read a book!

Let's see her make it through English Composition, and all of those other tedious "101" requirements people need to take in their first year of community college.
She is not a HS grad so CC is really her only choice. And exactly how would she get through school? IMO - Not Gonna Happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime