U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:27 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,724,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Reading is comprehension.
This is what was said:

" The "maturity theory", lets her off the hook so to speak, for now. In other words, she may have fit the criteria for sociopathic behavior."

Note that a maturity theory is being used to let her off the hook, for now.... I disagree. While a jury has let her off the hook, legally, nothing lets her off the hook WRT her actions. She just won't ever have to pay for them because the jury let her off. That has nothing to do with a maturity theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 11:33 AM

1,077 posts, read 684,993 times
I didn't want to start a new thread but Karma has struck Todd Macaluso. Waiting for karma to kick in for CA and Baez.

He's plead guilty to wire fraud and read he is facing 20 years in prison.

Casey Anthony's former attorney Todd Macaluso pleads guilty to wire fraud - Orlando Sentinel

He's doing the time this horrible excuse for a mother should be doing.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:18 AM

25,877 posts, read 39,135,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread but Karma has struck Todd Macaluso. Waiting for karma to kick in for CA and Baez.

He's plead guilty to wire fraud and read he is facing 20 years in prison.

Casey Anthony's former attorney Todd Macaluso pleads guilty to wire fraud - Orlando Sentinel

He's doing the time this horrible excuse for a mother should be doing.
Wow thanks for posting...I always thought the defense team was shady. Sorry, but I know they worked hard and their goal was reached and you can say good job but I felt that the judge was bad to allow this defense and not allow certain things about Casey.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Wow thanks for posting...I always thought the defense team was shady. Sorry, but I know they worked hard and their goal was reached and you can say good job but I felt that the judge was bad to allow this defense and not allow certain things about Casey.

Also Cindy. She would not allow the State to tell of this alleged fight that turned physical the night she stormed out with Caylee.

The jurors just couldn't reconcile how a seemingly 'good' mother hurt her child. They didn't know half of what the public did. Of course when it's too prejudicial to the defendant, it gets buried.

Sorry Caylee didn't get justice.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:29 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Casey Anthony filed bankruptcy with debts of $792,000. The bankruptcy judge has settled the Chapter 7 case.

She owed:
Jose Baez $397,431
Orange County County Sheriff's Office $145,660
IRS, $80,855
Texas EquSearch $100,000 (they were willing to settle for $75,000)

I don't know what happened with the Zenaida Gonzalez defamation case.

Anthony was permitted to keep her remaining assets of $474 in cash and $610 worth of jewelry, clothing, books and a bike. A "friend" of Anthony's paid the bankruptcy court $25,000 which was given to the bankruptcy trustees for their services.

So Baez didn't receive the almost $400k he was due. Anthony hired Baez and her parents paid him in the beginning. After she was declared indigent in 2010, Baez was then paid by the Florida taxpayers. If anyone watched the trial this was brought out inquiring if she wanted to keep Baez as her court appointed lawyer. I don't know what Florida pays court appointed lawyers

With Baez then her court appointed lawyer, if anyone recalls he was always begging for more money.

Anthony and Cheney Mason are still BFF.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:57 AM

Casey Anthony may soon be paid top dollar to share her story after years of unsuccessfully trying to profit off her tale.
Anthony flew into New York City late on Thursday with the same PR rep who was trying to negotiate a network interview after Anthony was acquitted in 2011, reported TMZ
Anthony, wearing thick-rimmed black glasses and blue jeans, told a reporter at the airport on Thursday that she wasn't actually Anthony.

Read more: Casey Anthony lands in New York 'ahead of TV interview' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If this is true, I do hope no one watches.

She deserves prison, not a paid interview.

Last edited by Amythyst; 06-01-2015 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: removed size

Old 06-02-2015, 04:29 AM

Who wants to pay for that story that will consist of lies and her racking in money!

I'm not interested at all to hear her side of the story!

Hopefully the interview will result in what she deserve...I believe in Karma and the girl is never coming back and Casey should get a job and vanish in a quiet life and shows she is mourning her little girls death as she never showed for one second!

It may fire back on the network conducting the interview and paying money to what I consider a lying woman who got away with murder even though I have to respect the court system is not making me feel different about her getting a dime.

She had over 900K in debt which she got rid of in bankruptcy court and she only had to pay $ 25K and the rest of the money from books and interviews is hers to keep. That money smells bad to me...

Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Watching how sociopaths operate, fascinating... from a distance. I might tune in, depending on who's interviewing.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:08 PM

I guess we won't be able to escape hearing some of it but I did hear some reporters that 2 years ago some got threatened when the subject came up as some people in the public are not like us by discussing it online and that's it but they go a huge step further by expressing their feelings.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:01 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Casey Anthony's still in the protection of Cheney Mason and Patrick Keene; according to an interview with Keene, CAnthoney has no contact with George or Cindy. They're trying to clean up her public image; holding firm to George molesting Casey and Caylee's death an accidental pool drowning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime