Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,368 times

Advertisements

Mitrice vanished after being released from the Malibu/lost Hills sub station, last September. A young, beautiful promising student, just like Natalee Holloway. Yet, when you google for information on Mitrice, the results is miniscule, compared to that of Holloway.

No doubt because the color of her skin. Her case like a lot of other black missing people, don't gain the same coverage a blue eyed blond would. I don't say this to be antagonistic, I say it because it's fact.

It was obvious, Mitrice was suffering from some sort of psychosis at the time of her arrest, an arrest that should have never taken place.

9 months later, she still hasn't been found - dead or alive. Natalee Holloway wasn't found either, even with all the hoopla and press attention, which included Greta what's her name from Fox News with her nose firmly up Holloways mother's a** and making several trips to Aruba.

Bring * Mitrice * Richardson Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:16 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Well lets see...what could the reason for this be? Two beautifu, promising young women. Both missing.
One is white and one is black.
One is a household name.
the other I just heard of right now for the first time.
But I will not forget it.
Very sad - crime against African Americans goes under reported. This proves it.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
I sadly have to agree about "why" Mitrice's disappearance goes uncovered. Or undercovered, not sure that is a real word. Under reported is the word I'm looking for! Another reason may be that the white people have more money to spend on screaming out? Posters, fliers, having vigils, etc. all cost money some way or another. Seems the most "famous" dissapearances are of white, middle-upper "class" females who have parents that can afford such things and the media goes for that.

Even if someone in my family would disappear, it wouldn't become national news because I do NOT have the money to generate the interest. EVERYTHING comes down to money.

I hope Mitrice is found alive.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:59 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
I created a thread about mitrice awhile ago. The los angeles county sheriffs office in lost hills screwed up but they wont admit it.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
I've seen her case twice on one of the network cable shows. One was just recently.

You can use skin color as an excuse all you want, but I don't think that is the whole truth. There are so many other factors that play into media coverage.

What about the young, pretty white girl who went missing over spring break last year? You heard about her maybe once, twice...then nothing. Fact is, there's nothing to report. No one knows what happened to her, she just disappeared. There is just not a story there.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:48 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
No one just disappears over night. Mitrice is somewhere but where ?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:12 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I've seen her case twice on one of the network cable shows. One was just recently.

You can use skin color as an excuse all you want, but I don't think that is the whole truth. There are so many other factors that play into media coverage.

What about the young, pretty white girl who went missing over spring break last year? You heard about her maybe once, twice...then nothing. Fact is, there's nothing to report. No one knows what happened to her, she just disappeared. There is just not a story there.
You are right about that. Greta Van Susteran is the reason Natalee Holloway is a household name today. Beth Twitty's brother-in-law, Jar Twitty, is a business partner of Greta's husband. This made it somewhat of a "family affair". Beth and her husband, Jug, had a time share in Aruba. The Twitty brothers, Jug and Jar, are friends with the Mansur brothers, who have the import rights for cigarettes in Aruba. One of the Mansur brothers was prosecuted at sometime in the past by Paulus van der Sloot on some kind of drug charge, so there was "bad blood" between the Mansur brothers and van der Sloot. Greta saw a good story and kept it alive, not only for the newsworthy aspects of it but also because of her husband's ties to the Twitty's.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:17 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You are right about that. Greta Van Susteran is the reason Natalee Holloway is a household name today. Beth Twitty's brother-in-law, Jar Twitty, is a business partner of Greta's husband. This made it somewhat of a "family affair". Beth and her husband, Jug, had a time share in Aruba. The Twitty brothers, Jug and Jar, are friends with the Mansur brothers, who have the import rights for cigarettes in Aruba. One of the Mansur brothers was prosecuted at sometime in the past by Paulus van der Sloot on some kind of drug charge, so there was "bad blood" between the Mansur brothers and van der Sloot. Greta saw a good story and kept it alive, not only for the newsworthy aspects of it but also because of her husband's ties to the Twitty's.
Goodness me, if what you say is correct, it all makes sense and is very wrong.

I stopped watching Fox last year.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

How totally interesting! Again, money and who you know. Sad.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:18 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I didn't get this info from Fox News. I grew up in Aruba mid-20th century and still have many close ties to the island and to people who know what goes on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime