U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:09 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,590,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hurricane Fay Tracking Projected Path Directed Over Florida: Should Floridians Be Worried?

You want to nit pick over whether is was Hurricane Fay or Tropical Storm Fay?

Really?

Are you sure you weren't on the Casey Anthony jury?
Why don't you get your facts straight and from a REAL source before challenging me again.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pdf/TCR-AL062008_Fay.pdf

And yes, I will nitpick because there is a huge difference between the two. Fay dropped a lot of rain, but we got just as much one day a couple of weeks ago from a garden variety rainstorm. I live here, you live 1000 miles away. Have you ever actually been in a hurricane? I have.

Around Orlando, Tropical Storms are non-events. We go to work and school, we go on with our lives. They are a part of living here just like snow is in Ohio. It's like comparing a few inches of snow to a Nor' Easter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,426,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Why don't you get your facts straight and from a REAL source before challenging me again.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pdf/TCR-AL062008_Fay.pdf

And yes, I will nitpick because there is a huge difference between the two. Fay dropped a lot of rain, but we got just as much one day a couple of weeks ago from a garden variety rainstorm. I live here, you live 1000 miles away. Have you ever actually been in a hurricane? I have.

Around Orlando, Tropical Storms are non-events. We go to work and school, we go on with our lives. They are a part of living here just like snow is in Ohio. It's like comparing a few inches of snow to a Nor' Easter.
Good grief! What does it matter whether it was a hurricane or a tropical storm ........did the rain flood the dump site or not? Isn't THAT what we are discussing here?

What is your problem? If you want to argue about weather technicalities........go to the Weather Forum.

If you have a problem with someone labeling that storm as Hurricane Fay.....I suggest you have it out with half of the news outlets in Florida.......NOT ME. Google "Hurrican Fay" and write them all nasty letters.....have at it.

Do you think I give a crap whether it was a hurrican or a tropical storm? Really?

Have a beer, smoke a joint or take your meds ....then take a nap......you need it.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,590,084 times
Quote:
Good grief! What does it matter whether it was a hurricane or a tropical storm ........did the rain flood the dump site or not? Isn't THAT what we are discussing here?
Your post made it seem like the site wouldn't have flooded if it wasn't for TS Fay. That is not the case. It's an area that floods regularly when it rains. After the rain we've had this week, it's very likely flooded right now.

Those are the facts, not someone's conjecture based on fiction.

As far as your claims that the majority Florida news outlets were calling it a hurricane, wrong again.

http://www.wesh.com/weather/17272518/detail.html (broken link)
http://www2.tbo.com/weather/hurrican...d-p-ar-137284/
http://www.local10.com/weather/17218311/detail.html (broken link)
http://www.news4jax.com/weather/17264337/detail.html (broken link)

Etc.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,075,955 times
I had always thought maybe it was an accidental drowning because Casey was not watching her and then when she found her dead in the pool, if she had been there for a long time, Casey freaked out and did the cover up.
Then when she sat in jail for almost 3 years and with the death penalty, I kept thinking WHY?
So I started reading up on the timeframe and discovery, then came to the conclusion that she hated her life but put up with it because Cindy had always "played by Casey's rules" letting her steal thousands and thousands of dollars and babysitting whenever Casey wanted her to.
For some reason the jury was not told about all of the stealing and the huge fight on the 15th over Casey stealing the $600.00 from her poor grandfather's account!!!!
But anyway, when Cindy put her foot down and refused to put up with Casey's unwritten rules any longer, she would not answer any of Casey's calls on the 16th. I think Casey flew into a rage with that clenched teeth expression remembering how Cindy's attitude is that "Caylee was her gift" and Casey's thoughts of "I have the power to take that gift away if you quit playing by my rules" and then that is what she did.
All the jury heard is a bunch of lies and staged testimony. The other poster is right, there was a lot of "high five's" because the wrong family dynamics were presented and it was all planned ahead.
I don't want to say how I think the murder was committed because it is too sad but just that I believe it was.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Your post made it seem like the site wouldn't have flooded if it wasn't for TS Fay. That is not the case. It's an area that floods regularly when it rains. After the rain we've had this week, it's very likely flooded right now.

Those are the facts, not someone's conjecture based on fiction.

As far as your claims that the majority Florida news outlets were calling it a hurricane, wrong again.

Central Fla. Affected By Fay's Flooding - Orlando Weather News Story - WESH Orlando (http://www.wesh.com/weather/17272518/detail.html - broken link)
Tropical Storm Fay To Edge By Tampa Tuesday | TBO.com
Tropical Storm Fay Makes Landfall - Weather News Story - WPLG Miami (http://www.local10.com/weather/17218311/detail.html - broken link)
7 Deaths Blamed On Tropical Storm Fay - Weather News Story - WJXT Jacksonville (http://www.news4jax.com/weather/17264337/detail.html - broken link)

Etc.
I said half of the news outlets labled it Hurricane Fay, not most.

Why do you think someone from Ohio, who wasn't even there, would call it a hurricane? I called it a hurricane because that is how it was referred to when it was discussed by the media during the Casey Anthony trial.

All I know, or care about, is how the flooding helped Casey get away with whatever she did to Caylee.

Now.....perhaps I shall have myself a beer.....it is a hot, muggy, Saturday afternoon after all, right?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I had always thought maybe it was an accidental drowning because Casey was not watching her and then when she found her dead in the pool, if she had been there for a long time, Casey freaked out and did the cover up.
Then when she sat in jail for almost 3 years and with the death penalty, I kept thinking WHY?
So I started reading up on the timeframe and discovery, then came to the conclusion that she hated her life but put up with it because Cindy had always "played by Casey's rules" letting her steal thousands and thousands of dollars and babysitting whenever Casey wanted her to.
For some reason the jury was not told about all of the stealing and the huge fight on the 15th over Casey stealing the $600.00 from her poor grandfather's account!!!!
But anyway, when Cindy put her foot down and refused to put up with Casey's unwritten rules any longer, she would not answer any of Casey's calls on the 16th. I think Casey flew into a rage with that clenched teeth expression remembering how Cindy's attitude is that "Caylee was her gift" and Casey's thoughts of "I have the power to take that gift away if you quit playing by my rules" and then that is what she did.
All the jury heard is a bunch of lies and staged testimony. The other poster is right, there was a lot of "high five's" because the wrong family dynamics were presented and it was all planned ahead.
I don't want to say how I think the murder was committed because it is too sad but just that I believe it was.
I have also thought one of those scenarios could be what happened......but I hope not.

I just hope that Caylee was gently put to sleep before she died from an overdose of chloroform or xanax, with no violence involved.....that is the least we can hope for.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:43 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,735,727 times
Quote:
I also suspect that she may have, deliberately, killed her to get back at her mother for no longer catering to her. Her actions after the fact are not consistent with drowning or another true accident. They are consistent with her having killed her daughter whether deliberate or accidental (in the sense that her direct actions killed her but weren't intended to kill her. In other words, Casey did something very wrong.). If this child were loved by Casey, at some point she would have showed grief over her loss instead of staunchly covering her butt. Casey has only been concerned with one thing from the begining and that was Casey's butt.

I think an accidental overdose of a medication that Calyee never should have been given in the first place so Casey could party is also possible but either way Casey anthony was a horrible mother who cared nothing for her daughter. Of that we can be sure. She's also a horrible daughter. I hope she reeps what she's sown.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:54 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,891,390 times
Quote:
I would like to hear opinions if anybody still feels the need to discuss.

I think murder and she wasn't convicted because her mother and her brother lied for her.
Her attorney put out a lie.
She lied about everything after Caylee's death.
Her father helped her because he let himself be portrayed as a liar and he probably is too.
I think they were all in on this and teamed up with the defense to lie and to confuse the jury.
The trial was a huge miscarriage of justice because lies prevailed over truth and the jury bought the lies.

That is just my opinion.
Anybody have an opinion?
Accident or murder?
The prosecution asked "Who would make an accident look like a murder",
answer.. the Anthony family.

They portrayed themselves during the trial as they are, a family with secrets and lies. I don't believe Caylees death was calculated and intentional. The child died during the day at the home of an accidental drowning, before Casey left and went out to party for the night.
I'm not sure if George was actually involved, but did know what happened.
Either way, Casey and possibly George would rather see the child rot in a swamp than tell Cindy and give the child a proper burial or cremation.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:18 PM

13,929 posts, read 19,149,139 times
I don't know. Both scenarios are plausible without enough evidence to prove either way.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:35 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,603,876 times
Quote:
Susan Smith was a cold, calculating sociopath. Andrea Yates was a mentally ill woman who was failed by society. Their cases were nothing alike. Susan Smith and Casey Anthony belong in the same jail cell...............
Totally agree annerk!

Quote:
Ummm.....Hurricane Fay hit Orlando in August, 2008...... not that long after Caylee's body was dumped. The dump site, which was normally dry......became flooded.....which helped hide the body and washed away evidence.
I think people forget that with or without a named storm of any degree, we do get around 40-45 inches of rainfall a year in this area. Heck, any low lying area can become a swamp until it dries up after the rainy season. This worked for Casey Anthony's benefit since these areas can also be full of snakes and alligators....and no one really wants to walk into them.

For the record, the polls done in Orlando showed 77% of the people here still feel she is guilty. Guess that change of venue worked for her as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or