U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:57 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,601,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
For the record, the polls done in Orlando showed 77% of the people here still feel she is guilty. Guess that change of venue worked for her as well.
I feel she is guilty, but I watched most of the trial (I missed some of the defenses expert witnesses, but nothing that would have swayed me) and wouldn't have been able to convict her as she was charged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 05:00 PM

22,740 posts, read 16,830,942 times
The only thing I'll say about the whole TS Fay vs Hurricane Fay business is that Hurricanes CAN be downgraded to TS especially after they have been over land for awhile.

Ahem.

ANYWAY,

(Disclaimer: The following is my OPINION only.)

I think the death was an accident. I think George and Casey know what happened. While Casey is not stupid, I think she is not smart enough to cover up a crime. But George...he used to work on the police force...he may be. So...maybe it was a crime...maybe it was an accident...maybe they all lived in the fricken land of DENIAL and maybe they both feared Cindy finding out. I don't think they thought the lie all the way through.

I mean, Casey's lies...clearly were not thought all the way through. You can't take someone all the way to Universal, walk through the damn gates, still lying and not have a plan if you are smart about lying. What did she think was going to happen? That they would just say, "Oh, well, we're inside the gates, guess you're telling the truth that you do work here."

I think none of them ever had to actually go all the way through with their lies...until Caylee died.

My point is, something happened, George and Casey know what happened, for some reason I got the impression that Casey was taking full blame and "taking the fall", (serious lack of correct phrasing there just go with me here), for George...she was covering up for someone and I don't think it was just her own ***** she was looking at saving...I have no proof, it's just from observation and my intuition telling me that. I could be wrong but I can't shake that theory.

Something happened, they both know, it was covered up, Casey did a whole lot of lying all over the place and because they've never had to go all the way through with their lies, they didn't have a plan...like they thought Cindy would just forget that Caylee died or that they would say Caylee was kidnapped but no one would ever find her and eventually all of it would just "go away"....

These people are very strange and I think the truth is even more absurd and bizarre than we can imagine. People think Casey murdered her kid, stuffed her in the trunk of her car and tossed her on the side of the road.

I'm saying that what really happened was even more strange than that but I can't fully say what it is because the more I think about it, the more fricken weird it all is and I don't want to think about that family that much.

But, do I think Casey intentionally murdered her child? No. Do I think she abused her child? No. Do I think something happened that was accidental? Yes. Could that accident have been criminal? Possibly yes but who knows WHAT it was.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:07 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,601,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The only thing I'll say about the whole TS Fay vs Hurricane Fay business is that Hurricanes CAN be downgraded to TS especially after they have been over land for awhile.
Fay actually picked up steam as it crossed over land in southern central Florida. (Lake Okeechobee area) Fay never reached windspeeds strong enough to be categorized as a Hurricane.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:48 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Either way, people have been charged and convicted of negligent child abuse for accidental deaths. I believe either way, the child died. And no one was held accountable for throwing her in a trash bag. That is what I find incredible. The person responsible for her was the Mother, she was last seen with the Mother, the Mother should have been hekd accountable for not reporting the death.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:30 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,742,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Either way, people have been charged and convicted of negligent child abuse for accidental deaths. I believe either way, the child died. And no one was held accountable for throwing her in a trash bag. That is what I find incredible. The person responsible for her was the Mother, she was last seen with the Mother, the Mother should have been hekd accountable for not reporting the death.
You'd think there'd be some kind of charge for mishandling a dead body. Aren't there laws that require people to properly handle burials? Any way you slice this, she threw her daughter's body into the swamp or knew that it was thrown into the swamp (if you believe her lie that her father did it). Doesn't she have some legal responsibility to properly dispose of her daughter's body after an accidental death?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
You'd think there'd be some kind of charge for mishandling a dead body. Aren't there laws that require people to properly handle burials? Any way you slice this, she threw her daughter's body into the swamp or knew that it was thrown into the swamp (if you believe her lie that her father did it). Doesn't she have some legal responsibility to properly dispose of her daughter's body after an accidental death?
There is a charge......"abuse of a corpse" or something like that.....but just like everything else in this case......they didn't "prove" Casey was the one who disposed of the body.

Case in point: some people think George may have disposed of the body.....so who are you going to charge and you can't prove which one did it.

Personally.....I don't think George had anything to do with it......I found his testimony more believable than Cindy's or Lee's.....except about having sex with that woman. I think a lot of people mistook the animosity and sniping between George and Baez as dishonesty on George's part. George was really pissed at Baez {and I don't blame him} and it affected the tone, but not the accuracy, of his testimony, IMHO.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:13 AM

13,930 posts, read 19,154,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There is a charge......"abuse of a corpse" or something like that.....but just like everything else in this case......they didn't "prove" Casey was the one who disposed of the body.
Casey was never charged with that.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:38 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Casey was never charged with that.
We know.....just discussing that there is such a charge as "abusing a corpse".......and the fact that someone could have been charged with it.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:55 AM

39,547 posts, read 47,744,756 times
2 ways I see it here. Murders are covered up, accidents you call for help (911)

Old 08-07-2011, 04:44 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,742,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Case in point: some people think George may have disposed of the body.....so who are you going to charge and you can't prove which one did it.

Personally.....I don't think George had anything to do with it......I found his testimony more believable than Cindy's or Lee's.....except about having sex with that woman. I think a lot of people mistook the animosity and sniping between George and Baez as dishonesty on George's part. George was really pissed at Baez {and I don't blame him} and it affected the tone, but not the accuracy, of his testimony, IMHO.
Yes, but her lies prove she knew how the body was disposed of whether she did it or not. At the very least, she covered up for the crime. So she's quilty, at least, of being an accessory after the fact AND at the very least of child neglect (drowning means, at the very least, she wasn't being supervised). If you start stringing together the very least she was involved, I think she, at least, ends up with more jail time than she got.

She had to have known the body was in her car for several days. She had to have known her daughter was dead. She had to have known the body was not given a proper burial. It just seems to me they could have come up with a string of lesser crimes that might add up to significant jail time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or