Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Yes, but her lies prove she knew how the body was disposed of whether she did it or not. At the very least, she covered up for the crime. So she's quilty, at least, of being an accessory after the fact AND at the very least of child neglect (drowning means, at the very least, she wasn't being supervised). If you start stringing together the very least she was involved, I think she, at least, ends up with more jail time than she got.

She had to have known the body was in her car for several days. She had to have known her daughter was dead. She had to have known the body was not given a proper burial. It just seems to me they could have come up with a string of lesser crimes that might add up to significant jail time.
Because her attorney lied and blamed everything she did on George.
The trial was all based on lies. I use to be very angry at the jurors but after thinking about this, I have come to the conclusion that they were not presented the truth so how could they judge?
Everybody lied and that is just fine within our "great and sacred" criminal justice system which brings tears to the eyes of some who post here.
We should all stand and sing "My country Tis of Thee" (NOT) after reading their eloquent posts because attorneys and witnesses are now allowed to LIE to the jury and it is just fine.
Very sad situation for those found guilty OR not guilty.
If your child ever kills anybody, just lie and say you were with him/her at the time. If you get caught, it will be no big deal but at least you gave it your best shot, ask Cindy Anthony and Jose Baez if you don't believe me.
The jury never had a chance.
Outraged people want to change our jury system instead of punishing attorneys and witness's for lying in court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 06:39 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
The trial was all based on lies. I use to be very angry at the jurors but after thinking about this, I have come to the conclusion that they were not presented the truth so how could they judge?
Everybody lied and that is just fine within our "great and sacred" criminal justice system which brings tears to the eyes of some who post here.
We should all stand and sing "My country Tis of Thee" (NOT) after reading their eloquent posts because attorneys and witnesses are now allowed to LIE to the jury and it is just fine.
Very sad situation for those found guilty OR not guilty.
If your child ever kills anybody, just lie and say you were with him/her at the time. If you get caught, it will be no big deal but at least you gave it your best shot, ask Cindy Anthony and Jose Baez if you don't believe me.
The jury never had a chance.
Outraged people want to change our jury system instead of punishing attorneys and witness's for lying in court.[/quote]
I saw an attorney interviewed about Cindy Anthony committing perjury and the chances of her ever being charged for it.

He said that if they filed perjury charges against every single witness who lied on the stand.......the courts would be so backed up that it would virtually bring the justice system to a stand still.

I think he is probably right about that.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
You'd think there'd be some kind of charge for mishandling a dead body. Aren't there laws that require people to properly handle burials? Any way you slice this, she threw her daughter's body into the swamp or knew that it was thrown into the swamp (if you believe her lie that her father did it). Doesn't she have some legal responsibility to properly dispose of her daughter's body after an accidental death?
They didn't prove Casey put the body anywhere. That was the problem. They didn't really prove anything. And Baez's statements can't be used as testimony, which is what was needed to prove the case.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:01 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
They didn't prove Casey put the body anywhere. That was the problem. They didn't really prove anything. And Baez's statements can't be used as testimony, which is what was needed to prove the case.
Baez didn't have to prove anything. All he needed to do was ask questions and elicit testimony that suggested Caylee could have died in the pool and been buried. He succeeded. He was so successful that jurors and people who claim to have watched the whole trial believe the pool story is more plausible than Casey killing Caylee.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Baez didn't have to prove anything. All he needed to do was ask questions and elicit testimony that suggested Caylee could have died in the pool and been buried. He succeeded. He was so successful that jurors and people who claim to have watched the whole trial believe the pool story is more plausible than Casey killing Caylee.
Um, I meant the prosecution. I never said Baez needed to prove anything. The burden of proof is always on the prosecution.

I don't believe the pool story. And I absolutely believe that Casey directly or indirectly caused Caylee's death. But I also don't believe that the prosecution proved Casey killed Caylee. Believing she did it and having the prosecution prove she did are very different.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:46 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
We know.....just discussing that there is such a charge as "abusing a corpse".......and the fact that someone could have been charged with it.
I know. I'm surprised that she wasn't charged with that as it would have been a slam dunk conviction, but the DAs were incredibly arrogant in believing they had the murder conviction locked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
That's a very serious accusation there as if Baez presented that scenario knowing it was a lie then he broke major ethics rules that could result in him being disbarred.

You might want to make sure you can actually prove those accusations before you start flinging them around.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:14 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,037 times
Sorry, but didn't watch the trial(. I have a life) She is definitely a sociopath and that says it all. If you don't know? look it up.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
Sorry, but didn't watch the trial(. I have a life) She is definitely a sociopath and that says it all. If you don't know? look it up.
I don't think anyone is questioning that she's got some serious mental problems. I'm not sure what your point is.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:06 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

These people are very strange and I think the truth is even more absurd and bizarre than we can imagine.

Yep..the saying truth is stranger than fiction applies here.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Her lies prove she knew. That makes her, at least, an accessory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime