U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,916,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Is ANYONE ELSE out there outraged about the Anthony's new job? CEOs of a non-profit?
I always liked Dr. Phil, and I understand that his producers are out for ratings, and love them or hate them, Cindy and George will bring that to his show, if nothing else, but he had better ask some tough questions.
It's pretty low to sink to turning a profit off the death of your grandchild. Anyone NORMAL would grieve with privacy and dignity, but not them! Cindy has already gone on SSDI to live off the government (our tax money!) because she claims she cannot work anymore due to the "stress" of Caylee's death.

Caylee's dead, let's make some money off it! Woohoo! We're gonna be famous and never have to work for a living again! Yay!

Words cannot express how much they repulse me, but now you see why Casey turned out the way she did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,917,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Is ANYONE ELSE out there outraged about the Anthony's new job? CEOs of a non-profit?
I always liked Dr. Phil, and I understand that his producers are out for ratings, and love them or hate them, Cindy and George will bring that to his show, if nothing else, but he had better ask some tough questions.
I'll take the liberty to rename it "The George and Cindy Foundation". Nonprofits are accountable but they can still draw salaries. These people make me ill, they're the thing that wont go away.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:33 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,848,619 times
It is a registered foundation? If they are on SSDI and working on this foundation then they can punch a clock and drop the SSDI and work like the rest of us.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:49 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,124,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
It might not be true but he is planning his wedding and there is a rumor going around that Peoples Magazine is paying for it.
I really hope this is a rumor or else I can never read that magazine again either...
Vomit emoticon.
IF this is true, I will not buy that magazine. I like People, sometimes, and this is just awful.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It's pretty low to sink to turning a profit off the death of your grandchild. Anyone NORMAL would grieve with privacy and dignity, but not them! Cindy has already gone on SSDI to live off the government (our tax money!) because she claims she cannot work anymore due to the "stress" of Caylee's death.

Caylee's dead, let's make some money off it! Woohoo! We're gonna be famous and never have to work for a living again! Yay!

Words cannot express how much they repulse me, but now you see why Casey turned out the way she did.
Cindy is on Social Security Disability !!??!?! and we have just learned that that fund will be broke soon. They are considering taking from regular Social Security funds to fund it.......

Old 08-23-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
First of all, SSDI is the public's business. There's even a fraud hotline. I assume Cindy qualified legitimately, by getting a shrink to say she can't work, but it's not just her business.

In my opinion, they covered for Casey, hindered the investigation, Cindy lied under oath and George was evasive and obtuse. I admit, this is one of the very rare cases where I have a negative emotional reaction to the family of a dead child.
SSDI is not that hard to get if you have a lawyer on the front end( and the right doctors), guiding you all the way. Most people do not get it near that fast. I am very familiar with this process, she got it fast. Not right.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:36 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,079,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
SSDI is not that hard to get if you have a lawyer on the front end( and the right doctors), guiding you all the way. Most people do not get it near that fast. I am very familiar with this process, she got it fast. Not right.
I have heard it is much easier to get if it is a mental problem. My husband had congestive heart failure, couldn't breathe, barely able to walk and had to wait 3 years with a lawyer. If it wasn't for the VA, he would be dead. Finally they sent him a check, the lawyer got 1/3 but he was turned down for anything monthly because the VA had stabilized his heart after 2 years. He will never work again though because his job was so physical, he does Ebay now because that is his only way to earn money. If it wasn't for the VA, me and our children, he would be living on the streets.
I think to get it you should act like you are crazy.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:02 PM

well if you can work for your own foundation you should not be gettin SSD or welfare or any government suppliment. Sorry Mr. & Mrs. Anthony if you can work for yourself then that shows you ain't sick.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:48 AM

16,408 posts, read 28,916,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
well if you can work for your own foundation you should not be gettin SSD or welfare or any government suppliment. Sorry Mr. & Mrs. Anthony if you can work for yourself then that shows you ain't sick.
I agree something stinks about this.

There is no "fast track" to SSDI; ask any disability lawyer. People are usually rejected on the first try and spend at least 3 years trying to get it. Yet somehow Cindy Anthony of all people get it right away. Yeah how will she collect a salary from a foundation and still get SSDI? I guess their accountants and lawyers will doctor up the figures and her split of the "salary" will always be a $1 less than the disability allows a disabled person to earn per year. It just goes to show how neither of them wants to work for a living and are using/attempting to use their dead grandchild to support them. Disgusting.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:32 PM

something is odd with all this. Parents get SSDI and also have a foundation that they bilked and the daughter is found innocent.

Okay THEY KNOW SOMEONE this is just to good and to easy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or