Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:45 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,927,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
George and Cindy Anthony are the POSTER family for why there needs to be Social Security Disability REVIEW...every three years. An intensive review of all health records, and activities, to review if the cases still merit SSDI, which in my opinion DO NOT AT ALL. Both are healthy enough to be WORKING...

This is why social security is going broke, too many people who CAN work are sucking at the SSDI teat, for all they can...

Their foundation is a joke...it should be "Give Our Dysfunctional Family Cash". They deserve no respect. Unlike the John Walshe, and others who have genuinely had children killed, and given their time, and lives to the cause of making people aware. Especially in the case of Jessica Lunsford, that a crazy, child molester was right across the street...people need to know when those criminal are out...and where they are....Mark Lunsford has a foundation set up, and he is so sincere, it is just heart breaking.

The Anthony's are crass carpet baggers compared to those folks.
I don't like the Anthony's but the did pay into their SS and if they are Seniors they are entitled to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 05:58 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
Quote:
George and Cindy Anthony are the POSTER family for why there needs to be Social Security Disability REVIEW...every three years. An intensive review of all health records, and activities, to review if the cases still merit SSDI, which in my opinion DO NOT AT ALL. Both are healthy enough to be WORKING...

This is why social security is going broke, too many people who CAN work are sucking at the SSDI teat, for all they can...

Their foundation is a joke...it should be "Give Our Dysfunctional Family Cash". They deserve no respect. Unlike the John Walshe, and others who have genuinely had children killed, and given their time, and lives to the cause of making people aware. Especially in the case of Jessica Lunsford, that a crazy, child molester was right across the street...people need to know when those criminal are out...and where they are....Mark Lunsford has a foundation set up, and he is so sincere, it is just heart breaking.

The Anthony's are crass carpet baggers compared to those folks.
I love it crass carpet baggers !!! kudos to you for that and I just stopped watching dr phil . I will not support him at all and also stopped watching 60 mins because they chose to have these societal leeches on their show .

Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
I don't like the Anthony's but the did pay into their SS and if they are Seniors they are entitled to it!
I see alot of seniors working at wal mart as door greeters so Im wondering why george and cindy cannot do something like that ? , Oh wait that does not pay good enough for George and Cindy to do . And besides they might get too much attention from that and cause a riot at wal mart .

Old 08-17-2011, 06:46 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
I'm really baffled as to what they are trying to accomplish here (besides making money). How would grandparents rights have helped Caylee one bit?

Most people who start foundations lobby for things that would help children in the same situation. I fail to see how grandparents rights would have helped at all here. Would Caylee still be alive if George and Cindy had had the rights they lobby for? I really don't see this as a foundation to do anything productive.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
I thought that they were on SSDI, which is different from regular social security. I don't think Cindy is 62 yet. So, she is on SSDI, which means she stated she was too disabled to work...I say, "BS" to that...

Yeah, Boycott Dr. Phil!!! Forget about anyone who interviews the Anthony's, they are old news. Who just want publicity, and fame now...publicity junkies...don't feed the trolls!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:59 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,961,705 times
It is not a 'foundation' as they stated ... they have incorporated so it will be a Not For Profit Corporation as opposed to Non-Profit foundation. The only name associated so far is Mark Lippman the A's attorney.

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/40154214.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-17-2011, 09:45 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,335,304 times
I have much compassion for George and Cindy. I cannot even begin to imagine their pain. Blame their parenting skills and their courtroom behavior all you want. Consider them accomplices who were "in on it" if that's what you believe. I don't. Hopefully no one here will ever have to walk in similar shoes. They are victims, too. I wouldn't wish what they have been through on anyone.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:09 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
I have much compassion for George and Cindy. I cannot even begin to imagine their pain. Blame their parenting skills and their courtroom behavior all you want. Consider them accomplices who were "in on it" if that's what you believe. I don't. Hopefully no one here will ever have to walk in similar shoes. They are victims, too. I wouldn't wish what they have been through on anyone.
I don't think they were in on it either but I think starting a fund is the wrong thing. No amount of grandparents rights would have stopped what happened to Caylee. The only thing that might have been different is she would have been reported missing earlier if they'd had visitation rights and Casey wasn't delivering her for visitation but they wouldn't have had visitation rights because there was no need to get them when she was living with them and no time to get them afterwards, in this case.

I do think the fund is for attention and I think it will benefit the Anthony's not children in similar situations. So, I'm not contributing.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,290,425 times
Quote:
I thought that they were on SSDI, which is different from regular social security. I don't think Cindy is 62 yet. So, she is on SSDI, which means she stated she was too disabled to work...I say, "BS" to that...

Yeah, Boycott Dr. Phil!!! Forget about anyone who interviews the Anthony's, they are old news. Who just want publicity, and fame now...publicity junkies...don't feed the trolls!
Are you sure? When did THAT happen?

Remember in the courtroom it was proven that she was actually logged in at WORK when she tried to take the blame for searching for "chloroform" on their home computer.

Dr. Phil is getting an email from me about his choice of guests ...

Old 08-18-2011, 10:17 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,290,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
They should not be out trying to gain fame and make money off their dead grandchild. Anyone normal and decent would not be doing this. They would actually grieve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime