Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:56 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Mason's office can hire her, but will they be so stupid to do so. I don't think they are getting too many new clients with the public's outrage and with Casey there for an entire year they might loose more money.
Not sure if serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Um, yes it is. She's a theif and a liar and they're not letting her run off and hide. They're making her do her probation just like everyone else. BECAUSE she's a theif and a liar she doesn't get to hide. She has to demonstrate to society that she can abide by the rules of society before she'll have that right again. Unfortuntely, she wasn't convicted of more so this is all the justice that we'll see but it's nice to see that they aren't giving this piece of crap special treatment. You and I have the right to hide because we're not theives and liars. She forefitted that right when she was convicted of stealing from a FRIEND.
Being on probation doesn't strip a person of their rights in public. Maybe with the law, but not with the public at large.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Where are you getting sex acts from? She was offered $500K to pose for Hustler. Big difference.
Posing in a sexual, nude manner isn't something anyone should be forced to do. Period.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Heck, I would take $500K to pose for Hustler. She may as well take the cash, no one else is offerring her any.
Just because you would CHOOSE to do so doesn't mean Casey should be FORCED to do so.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
No one is forcing her nor CAN anyone force her. That would be her choice though the state could incarcerate her for refusing the only job offer she had. I don't think it would come to that. She has a considerable support group out there offering her jobs and even marriage proposals. I'm sure she'll find something.

I'm thinking the Hustler offer is the best one she's ever going to get but it is her choice to take it or not. Seriously, it's not like she hasn't done worse. We're not talking about an innocent school girl here. I won't be surprised if she takes it. She might as well. It's not like she can do any more harm to her reputation and $500K MIGHT (though I doubt it because she's not smart enough to use the money in an intelligent way.) buy her enough plastic surgery and a new name so she can start over as someone else.
I was responding to annerk who was asserting the state should and can force her to do just that.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Posing in a sexual, nude manner isn't something anyone should be forced to do. Period.
Nor would they. That would never fly in court.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:28 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Being on probation doesn't strip a person of their rights in public. Maybe with the law, but not with the public at large.
The POINT IS, she can't hide wherever anymore. She has to go back to Orlando and face the music. She's not going to get special treatment. She has to do her probation just like any other criminal. I'm ok with that. I don't think she deserves one iota of special treatment.

She forefitted her right to hide in whatever state she wants to when she committed a crime that requires her to do probation. Her bad!!! She made her bed and now she's being made to lie in it. It's not much justice for Caylee but it's something.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
I was responding to annerk who was asserting the state should and can force her to do just that.
Then we're on the same page.

Personally, I think she's a fool if she passes this up. It's not like she has morals and I don't see anyone else offering her half a million dollars. If she has an ounce of brains, she'll take the money, use it to get plastic surgery, change her name and start a new life as someone else. Though I doubt she'll change. Most likely, she'll end up back in jail on some other charge. Look at her track record.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:39 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It's a legitimate job offer, and as far as I'm concerned, she needs to take whatever legal employment she can find to meet the terms of her probation.

Like I said, she had no problem showing it all off as an Orlando party girl. At least she'd be getting paid for it this time.
It's obvious you are letting your emotions about this case cloud your judgement. I'm going to have to agree with Magritte25 as much as I hate to do so, { because I think they are one of those people who actually think she is innocent or at the very least that there wasn't enough evidence to convict }

Until you can put your emotions aside and look at just the written laws, you will never be able to have a rational conversation about casey a.

[quote]
Quote:
Um, no. The court has said she has to do her probation in Orlando.
Um no. It would appear that you are unaware that she is only required to shoiw up in Orlando on the 26th. She can file to have that probation transferred to where ever.

And as far as being able to hide, well, you got that wrong to. The court has said not to make her address public.

Quote:
I'm still holding out hope for federal charges. Double jeopardy doesn't count there.)
You ever hear that old saying...hope in one hand and . . . well, you can finish it for yourself.

Federal charges will not be filed, nor should they be and this is coming from someone who absolutely HATES her and thinks she's guilty as sin.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler
I'm still holding out hope for federal charges. Double jeopardy doesn't count there.
There are no grounds to try this case in federal court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime