U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
Reputation: 26118

Advertisements

Looks like Casey Anthony does not get any special treatment, she will be serving her probation in Orlando. I can see the problem making an exception for her would open a can of worms for the state of Florida, it would create a flood of probationers wanting special exemptions for special circumstances. Casey Anthony is NOT special. She was found not guilty of killing her kid, that does not make her a person that should recieve any type of special treatment by the court system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,744,351 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Nor would they. That would never fly in court.
Right. That was my point. Annerk is insisting that it is a legit job offer and that if Casey doesn't take it she will be in contempt of her probationary requirements. I think it's an erroneous and silly argument.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,744,351 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The POINT IS, she can't hide wherever anymore. She has to go back to Orlando and face the music. She's not going to get special treatment. She has to do her probation just like any other criminal. I'm ok with that. I don't think she deserves one iota of special treatment.

She forefitted her right to hide in whatever state she wants to when she committed a crime that requires her to do probation. Her bad!!! She made her bed and now she's being made to lie in it. It's not much justice for Caylee but it's something.
No, the point is, beyond probation she does have the right to hide if she so wishes. I've been on probation before (years ago, for a youthful indiscretion). While I did have to comply with the requirements of probation, I still had the right to privacy. So does she.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,744,351 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It's obvious you are letting your emotions about this case cloud your judgement. I'm going to have to agree with Magritte25 as much as I hate to do so, { because I think they are one of those people who actually think she is innocent or at the very least that there wasn't enough evidence to convict }

Until you can put your emotions aside and look at just the written laws, you will never be able to have a rational conversation about casey a.



Well I happen to feel that she is guilty in some way. I also was shocked at the verdict. But I also realize that for every Casey Anthony there are 10 innocent people sitting behind bars. So I take it with a grain of salt. I don't believe Casey is a threat to the public. I also believe what's done is done and nothing is going to change the fact that Caylee is dead and no one was found guilty of her murder. It's time to move on and focus on children that are still alive and able to get help.

I completely agree that emotions must be put aside in the court of law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 05:59 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
2,637 posts, read 10,937,029 times
Reputation: 3547
Casey Anthony is in big trouble with this ruling. It will not be long before someone in Orange county spots her, then can you say "flash mob"? I don't understand how Judge Perry recognizes that the jurors are in danger, but not that Casey herself is in even bigger danger? Here in central Florida, for MONTHS, on multiple channels, in every business you walked into, it was all Casey, all the time. The cameras always with a closeup of her face on one side and whoever was testifying on the other. She can't hide in Orlando, and she is almost universally despised there. I admit I can not summon up much sympathy for her, but I don't see how the judge can deny that requiring her to return to Orlando is putting her in danger. Even if the state keeps her address secret, it won't be long before TMZ ferrets that out. Worst case they stake out all the probabation officers for a month, she has to turn up at one of them eventually. But they'll probably just pay off a clerk or something and will have the information before she even reports. I feel bad for whoever she winds up living near, and I predict if they force her to report for this, she will not live through that year of probabation before some vigilante goes after her. I guess some people will call that justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 AM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,595,142 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Posing in a sexual, nude manner isn't something anyone should be forced to do. Period.
Until she pays back the money she owes the taxpayers, I disagree. Stupid b#tch brought all of this on herself, and needs to deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 06:21 AM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,595,142 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It's obvious you are letting your emotions about this case cloud your judgement. I'm going to have to agree with Magritte25 as much as I hate to do so, { because I think they are one of those people who actually think she is innocent or at the very least that there wasn't enough evidence to convict }

Until you can put your emotions aside and look at just the written laws, you will never be able to have a rational conversation about casey a.
I look at it from a purely financial standpoint. She owes the taxpayers of Florida over $5K, and until she pays that back, she should not be allowed to turn down any legitimate offer of work in a legal profession. I'm not suggesting she be required to walk South OBT, but I can't see a whole lot of difference between her hoochie mama party girl shots and posing for a nudie mag.


Quote:

Um no. It would appear that you are unaware that she is only required to shoiw up in Orlando on the 26th. She can file to have that probation transferred to where ever.
She can file, but the Orange County DOC will have to agree, and so will the DOC where she wants to go. There is no guarantee. And I think OC DOC wants to make this as difficult as possible for her, so I'm not seeing them agree to anything.

Quote:
And as far as being able to hide, well, you got that wrong to. The court has said not to make her address public.
TMZ found her easy enough, do you really think she'll be able to hide in Orange County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 06:23 AM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,595,142 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Casey Anthony is in big trouble with this ruling. It will not be long before someone in Orange county spots her, then can you say "flash mob"? I don't understand how Judge Perry recognizes that the jurors are in danger, but not that Casey herself is in even bigger danger? Here in central Florida, for MONTHS, on multiple channels, in every business you walked into, it was all Casey, all the time. The cameras always with a closeup of her face on one side and whoever was testifying on the other. She can't hide in Orlando, and she is almost universally despised there. I admit I can not summon up much sympathy for her, but I don't see how the judge can deny that requiring her to return to Orlando is putting her in danger. Even if the state keeps her address secret, it won't be long before TMZ ferrets that out. Worst case they stake out all the probabation officers for a month, she has to turn up at one of them eventually. But they'll probably just pay off a clerk or something and will have the information before she even reports. I feel bad for whoever she winds up living near, and I predict if they force her to report for this, she will not live through that year of probabation before some vigilante goes after her. I guess some people will call that justice.
She should have thought about that before stealing from her (ex) friend and not reporting her kid missing, ever. Considering that it was Cindy that reported Caylee missing, and then Casey sent the police on a wild goose chase, she deserves absolutely no sympathy or special treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
2,637 posts, read 10,937,029 times
Reputation: 3547
I did say I couldn't muster up sympathy for her, but I disagree with throwing her to the wolves this way. Of course she should serve the probation that was part of her sentence for the check thing, but I see no reason why that has to happen inside Orange county other than to allow this vigilante justice to finish her off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 AM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 30,738,526 times
Reputation: 14583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, the point is, beyond probation she does have the right to hide if she so wishes. I've been on probation before (years ago, for a youthful indiscretion). While I did have to comply with the requirements of probation, I still had the right to privacy. So does she.
I never disputed that. Once she has completed her sentence, she gets back all of the rights of any citizen in society. Find one post where I said she doesn't.

For now, however, she doesn't have the right to hide. She'll be treated like every other convicted criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top