U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Florida .
69 posts, read 76,586 times
Reputation: 55

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
how is she a 'privileged brat? BTW if you read the police reports you will find out there were a lot of mistakes in the report taken.
Privileged brat , meaning she probably came from a well to do family that were paying for her college education in a foreign country . Many of us should be so lucky .

Last edited by yankeeboy175; 08-25-2011 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: Add something else .

 
Old 08-26-2011, 08:29 AM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,852,704 times
Reputation: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeboy175 View Post
Privileged brat , meaning she probably came from a well to do family that were paying for her college education in a foreign country . Many of us should be so lucky .
Oh I see Your JEALOUS! ROFLMAO! BTW she was also working and had a Scholarship.
 
Old 08-26-2011, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,514,586 times
Reputation: 8779
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Oh I see Your JEALOUS! ROFLMAO! BTW she was also working and had a Scholarship.
No, it is a subjective opinion, which even YOU are entitled to. I think the cartwheels not only were bizarre but insulting to the Italian legal system. I think she intended that, not taking the trial seriously, probably because mom and dad always get her out of these things.
Cute, upper class, and American is not a free ticket to get away with murder.
 
Old 08-26-2011, 06:24 PM
 
4,267 posts, read 5,320,862 times
Reputation: 3579
I found this to be very interesting.

Could Amanda Knox Have an Autism Spectrum Disorder? – TIME Healthland

Quote:
With the DNA evidence excluded, the only substantiation of Knox's guilt includes a possibly coerced confession and her bizarre behavior after being arrested. But could those two things have the same explanation? Is it possible that Knox has an underlying condition Asperger's syndrome, a less severe form of autism that caused both her unusual social behavior and a gullibility that triggered a false confession?
 
Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 AM
 
10,139 posts, read 23,342,703 times
Reputation: 8290
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
People in this country give her the benefit of the doubt because she's white, innocent-looking, and attractive. She certainly would be given far less consideration if she looked like Whoopi Goldberg.
If she had looked like Whoopi Goldberg, she would have been sitting home with a bottle of cheap vodka and wearing out some D cells.

BTW, whats with Whoopi Goldberg picking a stereotyped Jewish name as her stage name like "Goldberg." Is she anti-semetic or what! I bet she'd be all over it if some white, Jewish standup comedian picked a name like
DeShaun Washington. She's a racist pig. At least a pig.

EDIT: I just looked it up. She was born Caryn Elaine Johnson, obviously to parents who could not spell.

Last edited by Wilson513; 08-28-2011 at 10:18 AM..
 
Old 08-30-2011, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,951,038 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
If she had looked like Whoopi Goldberg, she would have been sitting home with a bottle of cheap vodka and wearing out some D cells.

BTW, whats with Whoopi Goldberg picking a stereotyped Jewish name as her stage name like "Goldberg." Is she anti-semetic or what! I bet she'd be all over it if some white, Jewish standup comedian picked a name like
DeShaun Washington. She's a racist pig. At least a pig.

EDIT: I just looked it up. She was born Caryn Elaine Johnson, obviously to parents who could not spell.
At least Whoopi has a heart:

Whoopi Goldberg adopts kitten thrown from car on NYC bridge - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

BTW, the spelling "Caryn" is not that unusual, nor incorrect, nor "ghetto" spelling. I had a friend of that spelling as a teenager and she was Jewish.
 
Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,951,038 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeboy175 View Post
Privileged brat , meaning she probably came from a well to do family that were paying for her college education in a foreign country . Many of us should be so lucky .
Her family is not wealthy, nor even upper middle class, and AFAIK she wasn't doing ALL her studying abroad, just a part of it, probably 1 or 2 semesters at the most. I agree she was a creep by the way she acted after the murder, but the actual evidence does not point to her or her boyfriend being involved in the murder.
 
Old 08-31-2011, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,514,586 times
Reputation: 8779
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Her family is not wealthy, nor even upper middle class, and AFAIK she wasn't doing ALL her studying abroad, just a part of it, probably 1 or 2 semesters at the most. I agree she was a creep by the way she acted after the murder, but the actual evidence does not point to her or her boyfriend being involved in the murder.
I read that they are living over there, in Italy, to be near her until she is set free. That just sounds like money to me. There are a lot of these spoiled, bratty young folks in Seattle. Smart kids who know it all. I kinda see her as one of them.

Of course now the family may be broke, after legal fees and all. I read that they have already spent a million bucks on this mess she got them into. Most families could not afford to spend that much. Her mom is stay at home. How many families can afford that these days?
 
Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 PM
 
10,139 posts, read 23,342,703 times
Reputation: 8290
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
A

BTW, the spelling "Caryn" is not that unusual, nor incorrect, nor "ghetto" spelling. I had a friend of that spelling as a teenager and she was Jewish.

When you say not that unusual, I assume that you are living in an alternate universe. On what planet is "Caryn" a common name? "Karen" is the first name of over 800,000 American women. So you know a "Jewish" girl who is named Caryn? Why is it important that she is "Jewish" again?
 
Old 08-31-2011, 11:24 PM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,852,704 times
Reputation: 751
Lot of Jealousy on her of students who get educated abroad.


BTW the talk about her doing cartwheels ......... if you read the official police reports it never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top