U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2011, 12:46 AM
 
613 posts, read 1,002,864 times
Reputation: 1209

Advertisements

It seems like she was assumed guilty because she was reported to have done 'cartwheels' in the police station after she got arrested. If she did, that definitely points to some kind of abnormal sociopathic behavior. Because even if she was completely innocent, who would do that...?? You would be frozen in shock regarding your murdered roommate, and that you were even implicated at all.. And you would not do that out of respect that someone was just killed. (AND because you wouldn't want to make yourself look questionable!) HOWEVER.. I do realize that rumors start very easily (she may not have ever done 'cartwheels'-- maybe she fell and that's how the rumor started).. and people get sucked into that 'witch hunt' mentality. The media will use a photo of the accused that is caught in the moment where she cracks a smile, which could have been a split second thing where her attorney made her laugh... but in seconds that image will be all over the internet and in the papers and millions of people will decide a person is guilty overnight because of her 'sinister' look.. just based on a couple of well-timed photos and a rumor. So who saw her do the cartwheels?? Did she really even do that? How many witnesses saw it? Maybe she does cartwheels when she's nervous. I am just skeptical of how biased the media can be, and how easily they can influence viewers. I don't see enough proof that she did it. But Guede had a motive... he was a man who wanted to rape Meredith and she fought him off. What was Knox's motive....???

 
Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,896,131 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I read that they are living over there, in Italy, to be near her until she is set free. That just sounds like money to me. There are a lot of these spoiled, bratty young folks in Seattle. Smart kids who know it all. I kinda see her as one of them.

Of course now the family may be broke, after legal fees and all. I read that they have already spent a million bucks on this mess she got them into. Most families could not afford to spend that much. Her mom is stay at home. How many families can afford that these days?
Where did you read that? AFAIK, they take trips there but don't live there. I am not saying they are dirt poor, unemployed, etc., just aren't wealthy. A SAHM does not automatically equal a wealthy family by any means.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,896,131 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
When you say not that unusual, I assume that you are living in an alternate universe. On what planet is "Caryn" a common name? "Karen" is the first name of over 800,000 American women. So you know a "Jewish" girl who is named Caryn? Why is it important that she is "Jewish" again?
It is an alternative spelling of Karen. There are many alternative spellings to that name, of which Caryn is one.

I stated she is Jewish because the post I answered insinuated it was a black, ignorant, ghetto way to name a child and I wanted to emphasize the spelling is by no means limited to being used by black people. There are probably a lot more white Caryns than anything else. I also found the emphasis on blacks and Jews extremely distasteful as it smacks of a racist mind and an "out in the sticks" pre-civil rights era mentality. My, computers are reaching EVERYWHERE for better or worse, aren't they? Where I come from, blacks and Jews are just people like anybody else, nothing exotic or "evil." Please get your little panties out of a bunch and get back on topic.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 09-01-2011 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: I can't believe the ignorance out there ...
 
Old 09-01-2011, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,896,131 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
It seems like she was assumed guilty because she was reported to have done 'cartwheels' in the police station after she got arrested. If she did, that definitely points to some kind of abnormal sociopathic behavior. Because even if she was completely innocent, who would do that...?? You would be frozen in shock regarding your murdered roommate, and that you were even implicated at all.. And you would not do that out of respect that someone was just killed. (AND because you wouldn't want to make yourself look questionable!) HOWEVER.. I do realize that rumors start very easily (she may not have ever done 'cartwheels'-- maybe she fell and that's how the rumor started).. and people get sucked into that 'witch hunt' mentality. The media will use a photo of the accused that is caught in the moment where she cracks a smile, which could have been a split second thing where her attorney made her laugh... but in seconds that image will be all over the internet and in the papers and millions of people will decide a person is guilty overnight because of her 'sinister' look.. just based on a couple of well-timed photos and a rumor. So who saw her do the cartwheels?? Did she really even do that? How many witnesses saw it? Maybe she does cartwheels when she's nervous. I am just skeptical of how biased the media can be, and how easily they can influence viewers. I don't see enough proof that she did it. But Guede had a motive... he was a man who wanted to rape Meredith and she fought him off. What was Knox's motive....???
All good points.
 
Old 09-02-2011, 12:26 AM
 
10,139 posts, read 23,295,544 times
Reputation: 8290
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It is an alternative spelling of Karen. There are many alternative spellings to that name, of which Caryn is one.

I stated she is Jewish because the post I answered insinuated it was a black, ignorant, ghetto way to name a child and I wanted to emphasize the spelling is by no means limited to being used by black people. There are probably a lot more white Caryns than anything else. I also found the emphasis on blacks and Jews extremely distasteful as it smacks of a racist mind and an "out in the sticks" pre-civil rights era mentality. My, computers are reaching EVERYWHERE for better or worse, aren't they? Where I come from, blacks and Jews are just people like anybody else, nothing exotic or "evil." Please get your little panties out of a bunch and get back on topic.
But where you come from, the fact that there is a Jewish girl is named Caryn means its not a "black" name. So what is racist or stereotyping about that? Where do you come from, Johannesburg?

I said Whoopi "Goldberg" is a racist, anti-semetic pig, which she is. Don't get your diaper in a bunch.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,481,392 times
Reputation: 8777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
But where you come from, the fact that there is a Jewish girl is named Caryn means its not a "black" name. So what is racist or stereotyping about that? Where do you come from, Johannesburg?

I said Whoopi "Goldberg" is a racist, anti-semetic pig, which she is. Don't get your diaper in a bunch.
I have heard Whoopi say nothing that leads me to believe that what you say is true. Perhaps you heard some comedy routine of hers and took it too seriously. I think Whoopi is, so far as I can tell, a really great, kind, and knowledgeable person. I like her, what I have seen. It is disturbing that you seem so emotional about your views, giving no evidence. It is not a nice thing to assassinate someone's character like this without back up.
 
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 AM
 
10,139 posts, read 23,295,544 times
Reputation: 8290
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I have heard Whoopi say nothing that leads me to believe that what you say is true. Perhaps you heard some comedy routine of hers and took it too seriously. I think Whoopi is, so far as I can tell, a really great, kind, and knowledgeable person. I like her, what I have seen. It is disturbing that you seem so emotional about your views, giving no evidence. It is not a nice thing to assassinate someone's character like this without back up.
Whoopi is almost always in the list of Hollywood's anti semites. She has earned that position and it is not my job to recap it for you. Google it for yourself.

Recently, however, Whoopi very publicly defended Helen Thomas' anti semetic remarks (for which she was fired) by saying that Israel was free of Jews for years and that ridding the middle east of Jews was defensible.

She defended John Galliano for his remarks praising Hitler.

When challenged on her mocking Jews by adopting a stereotypical Jewish name she first claimed to have a Jewish grandmother which has long since proved to be a lie.

You comments about my "emotionalism" are both uninvited and incorrect. It is you that are emotionally linked to this antisemitic pig. Why?
 
Old 09-05-2011, 04:25 AM
 
591 posts, read 747,332 times
Reputation: 682
Innocent.
 
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,305,263 times
Reputation: 8053
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Lot of Jealousy on her of students who get educated abroad.


BTW the talk about her doing cartwheels ......... if you read the official police reports it never happened.

NBC, ABC, CBS, BBC, UK Telegraph, Fox, even Oprah and every other news organization reported she did do cartwheels and splits ... she was doing her Yoga stretches and finished with the splits and cartwheels.

The trial is resuming and there should be a verdict by the end of the month.
 
Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 AM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,846,247 times
Reputation: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
NBC, ABC, CBS, BBC, UK Telegraph, Fox, even Oprah and every other news organization reported she did do cartwheels and splits ... she was doing her Yoga stretches and finished with the splits and cartwheels.

The trial is resuming and there should be a verdict by the end of the month.

No one Intelligent trusts the news or Oprah.... Police reports state it never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top