U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:54 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,301,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
No one Intelligent trusts the news or Oprah.... Police reports state it never happened.
How do you know what is happening in the USA and the world? I've never watched Oprah when she came on during the day I was always at work ... when I got home hubby owns the remote.

I read an article in a magazine in my doctor's office regarding Oprah's interview with Amanda's mom about the yoga exercises including stretches, cartwheels and splits. I don't do yoga either so I don't know if that is a part of the yoga routine.

Do you have a copy of the police report or can you provide me with a website address?

I am serious if you don't watch the news, read newspapers how do you know what is going on around you? I watch my local NC/SC news and I read several newspapers online. Some are on the far left and others on the far right but eventually one can figure out the truth.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,844,659 times
i know one of the police personal working on the case. I don't rely on Oprah since most of her reports in her mag are edited and not 100 percent accurate.

As for the papers they are very one sided. My understanding the family is asking people to not believe the media. They have a fan page on FB with all the accurate reports regarding this case.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,301,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
i know one of the police personal working on the case. I don't rely on Oprah since most of her reports in her mag are edited and not 100 percent accurate.

As for the papers they are very one sided. My understanding the family is asking people to not believe the media. They have a fan page on FB with all the accurate reports regarding this case.
So you don't have a link to a police report?

You depend on Facebook for your news? I don't use Facebook, never signed up it appears to be a total waste of time for me. Facebook users please don't bash me this is JMHO.

I didn't even realize Oprah had a magazine until I picked that one up ... sure is a fancy production ... expensive glossy paper ... of course she can afford it.

You typed "No one Intelligent trusts the news" ... I don't agree with you on that statement ... I surf around for news each morning after reading my local liberal rags.

"Two Missouri Western State football players save toddler locked inside hot car" ... a real feel good story to start my morning ...

Two Missouri Western State football players save toddler locked inside hot car | Yardbarker.com

Then I found another article of interest to me ... "Ruins of Roman gladiator school found in Austria"... amazing here I thought all the gladiators originated in Rome!

BBC News - Ruins of Roman gladiator school found in Austria

So according to your statement ... I should not trust these articles.

I do not trust political news ... I do not trust polls ... I do not trust our 'war' news ... and I did find out watching the Anthony trial live some news reports did not report items correctly according to the actual happenings in the courtroom that I witnessed. But this doesn't lump me in the "no one intelligent or the dumb trusts category."

Old 09-08-2011, 07:19 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,844,659 times
call the police station and ask them to send you copies of the case.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 AM

5,167 posts, read 8,691,075 times
Smile Personally -

I believe she is innocent. I feel sorry for her whole family. Also the family of the deceased.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 AM

10,139 posts, read 23,285,913 times
I was suprised to see Ann Coulter come out against her innocence.

Her column on the subject can be found here:

Amanda Knox: The new Mumia!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,475,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Whoopi is almost always in the list of Hollywood's anti semites. She has earned that position and it is not my job to recap it for you. Google it for yourself.

Recently, however, Whoopi very publicly defended Helen Thomas' anti semetic remarks (for which she was fired) by saying that Israel was free of Jews for years and that ridding the middle east of Jews was defensible.

She defended John Galliano for his remarks praising Hitler.

When challenged on her mocking Jews by adopting a stereotypical Jewish name she first claimed to have a Jewish grandmother which has long since proved to be a lie.

You comments about my "emotionalism" are both uninvited and incorrect. It is you that are emotionally linked to this antisemitic pig. Why?
I can only say that I have watched her on the View and have always thought that her comments were consistently attempts at fairness, even when she knew her viewpoints were unpopular. Why would Barbara Walters, who I greatly admire, and who according to her book, is Jewish, hire her for the show if she were so very hateful?

Anyone can say anything on the internet and that proves little to me. If I were a 'name' I'll bet they would dig up some dirt on me, too. Whoopi, though I have not agreed with her on all her opinions(who ever does, with anyone?), has always impressed me as a decent person. Your calling her names does not change that.

Also, there is more to a person than their thoughts on any one subject. I am not so hung up on the country of my ancestry. Sometimes people are just too touchy, in my opinion, or blinded by one issue. Why can't we all just get along as Americans?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:34 PM

11,151 posts, read 14,144,819 times
Closed for mod review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime