Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,583 times

Advertisements

Just watched the Lifetime Movie and have also kept up with the news somewhat on this case.

How does:
1) making out with your boyfriend in public and passionate fervor upon hearing the news of your roommates murder after claiming not to remember the evening in question
2) then proceeding to go shopping for lingerie??? and being overheard telling your boyfriend that you are going to "F@#$k him wild"
3) cartwheeling in the police station after being brought in for interrogation
4) and being proved to have falsely incriminated an innocent man (her own boss) and knowingly lied to investigators several other timest
5) not attending your roommates memorial and walking past it saying to her boyfriend what is this all about and for? 'IS SHE FOR REAL?" Cold and soul-less

---how does that and more maker her look?

Kind of like she's a psychotic murderer with absolutely no remorse for her actions if you ask me.

What do you think??????

Last edited by SUPERCHIC; 08-14-2011 at 12:25 AM..

Old 08-14-2011, 10:10 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Lifetime Movie
Says it all.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:25 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I think I don't want my daughter to go to school in a foriegn country.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:26 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times
I didn't realize there was a movie already. I'll have to just my listings.

I read the book about her last spring. What's weird to me is there didn't appear to be much evidence on her that was more than circumstantial and yet she was convicted on less evidence that Casey Anthony.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:02 AM

88,568 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think I don't want my daughter to go to school in a foriegn country.
LOL. Don't say that! Mine is leaving in two weeks.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:49 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Her lawyer is going after ... the DNA evidence was unreliable ... bringing in DNA experts to testify (sound familiar!)

When they held the first trial I felt she was guilty. I haven't watched the movie but I still think she was involved with the murder of Meredith Kercher.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,234 times
Why haven't we ever heard anything about the boyfriend's actions? I don't know about this case...the investigation sounded questionable from the getgo and who knows how much has been lost in translation or exaggerated through the Italian & US press. I wouldn't count on a Lifetime movie to learn the facts, either. I think she & her bf could be sociopaths, but I'm not 100% convinced that anyone apart from the killer(s) knows what happened that night.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:57 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
I DO want my children to take a semester or year abroad. Everyone who does this must understand however, that other countries have the right to have their own jurisprudence system, and it most likely does not mimic our own. In most other countries you are guilty and must prove your self innocent.

I know of people who support her because she is an American. There are also those who despise her for that. Both are wrong.

My gut feeling is that she is not innocent.

Before everyone attacks the OP it is possible for a fictionalized account of an actual crime to be fairly accurate. In this case it was.
The Italian authorities were not depicted with much sympathy either.
I think it was left open to the viewers interpretation and was a succinct portrayal of the events, at least as I know them.

I do not think Knox was vilified to the extent that for example Diane Downes was in the 1989 mini series "Small Sacrifices"

Re Knox - Turning a cartwheel in an police station certainly does not make her guilty. But I can not imagine myself at a police station in a foreign country (or here for that matter) doing this at 17 or 18.
Very strange behavior.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:36 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,583 times
You should not worry about having your kids go to school overseas. UNLESS they are drug addicts and consider committing a crime.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Just watched the Lifetime Movie and have also kept up with the news somewhat on this case.

How does:
1) making out with your boyfriend in public and passionate fervor upon hearing the news of your roommates murder after claiming not to remember the evening in question
2) then proceeding to go shopping for lingerie??? and being overheard telling your boyfriend that you are going to "F@#$k him wild"
3) cartwheeling in the police station after being brought in for interrogation
4) and being proved to have falsely incriminated an innocent man (her own boss) and knowingly lied to investigators several other timest
5) not attending your roommates memorial and walking past it saying to her boyfriend what is this all about and for? 'IS SHE FOR REAL?" Cold and soul-less

---how does that and more maker her look?

Kind of like she's a psychotic murderer with absolutely no remorse for her actions if you ask me.

What do you think??????
I addressed this in another thread. Here is my post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/17169800-post227.html

I think the Italian prosecutor is a nut and made up a lot of theories there are no proof of. He also has a history of doing this type of thing, even against a well-known American author and journalist.

As for Amanda Knox, I think she is an immature, insensitive, selfish jack*ss, but not guilty of anything in regards to her roommate's death. It's the guy whose DNA was all over the place who raped the roommate and killed her and there is no proof whatsoever that he had any help in the matter from Knox and/or her boyfriend. That part was all fanciful speculation, mostly made up in the mind of the Italian prosecutor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime