U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-20-2011, 12:04 PM
 
1,228 posts, read 1,576,983 times
Reputation: 589

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Probably because it flashed on my screen on the Live Forum Preview, so I clicked on it. I certainly didn't come in search of more lies from Casey Anthony.
Really lol
I know if i am not intersted in something even if its flashing I just ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-20-2011, 12:10 PM
 
Location: 112 Ocean Avenue
5,706 posts, read 8,136,206 times
Reputation: 8886
Is the name of the book If I Did It?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 PM
 
1,617 posts, read 2,467,548 times
Reputation: 1352
are you kidding me? Jeez, and no, I will not read the book and, should it be made into a movie, I would rather watch re-runs on TVland ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 07:01 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,774,752 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The Anthonys aren't any different. I am willing to bet most of the charities/fundraisers, started by loved ones, have balance sheets that read much like the Anthony's......but, unlike the Anthonys, they are never called on it.

The solution.....just don't give them any of your money.
But I have no issue with people drawing a check from running a charity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 07:18 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,080,063 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I know people who have started charities/fundraisers in honor of their loved ones who died from abuse, cancer, drunk driving etc. How are the Anthonys any different?
I think they are different because Cindy lied under oath to protect her daughter that was accused of murdering the grandchild they are setting up the foundation for.
I am still in shock that a person can lie under oath and get away with it even though it was proven in court that they lied. Everytime a child is murdered by a parent, there is a grandparent involved. What if every grandparent got up there and lied? Should they all get to slide because they are trying to protect their child? Then afterwards set up a foundation asking for money to help victims? To me lying under oath, no matter what the circumstance, shows me the person who did it is not trustworthy. Especially with another persons hard earned money.
When I donate to help people it is to St Judes or World Vision because I trust them. I do NOT trust Cindy Anthony, no matter what she went through.
She put her hand on the bible and LIED under oath!
The other parents that started a foundation did not lie at the trial that was suppose to bring out the truth of what really happened to find out who was guilty or innocent of the death of their loved one.

Last edited by mag32gie; 08-21-2011 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 07:39 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,080,063 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Have you really? why are you on here posting and reading this thread? Just asking!
I would think she is on here posting because she was interested in Caylee Anthony and what happened to this poor little girl. This message board is not putting money in Casey Anthony's pocket or her mothers who lied under oath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 07:43 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,080,063 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
are you kidding me? Jeez, and no, I will not read the book and, should it be made into a movie, I would rather watch re-runs on TVland ...
I know, me either. If I want to read crime fiction, I will stick with Michael Connelly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,169 posts, read 13,453,934 times
Reputation: 20607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But I have no issue with people drawing a check from running a charity.
I have an issue with these types of charities.

When you have every Tom, Dick and Harry that lost a loved one opening charities/foundations......just how effective are they?

Effective enough to raise just enough money to pay the founder's salary.....and that is all. How convenient. The balance sheet of the Anthony's charity bears this out.

An example, my mother died of cancer.....should I start my own little charity to fight cancer? How much money would it make? Just enough to pay my "salary"......see what I mean?

I find these types of charities rather obnoxious and self-serving.....a mockery of "real" charities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 11:17 AM
 
4,532 posts, read 5,116,257 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
You haven't comprehended yet ... I am bashing her ... trashing her ... my feelings on Casey Anthony will never change even if she reaches sainthood.

She is guilty of killing Caylee and she retained an ambulance chasing lawyer quite inept as lawyers go but he was able to take 12 lazy dumb axx people and win a verdict of not guilty.

I want to see her under the jail in the future. I would never contribute one red cent of my hard earned money to a baby murderer.

I sincerely hope Zenaida, Tim Miller, the State of Florida Prosecution hearing to recoup taxpayers money and the IRS take Casey to the cleaners. I will follow each of those events.

You can buy her book contributing blood money and drool over her interviews but this old gal only wishes Caylee had received justice. People here can praise the American Justice System all they want but the American Justice System failed Caylee Anthony.

In addition, I have never rubbernecked at an accident ... I turn off to avoid seeing death or destruction. You may be a rubbernecker but that's not for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,800,580 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I think they are different because Cindy lied under oath to protect her daughter that was accused of murdering the grandchild they are setting up the foundation for.
I am still in shock that a person can lie under oath and get away with it even though it was proven in court that they lied. Everytime a child is murdered by a parent, there is a grandparent involved. What if every grandparent got up there and lied? Should they all get to slide because they are trying to protect their child? Then afterwards set up a foundation asking for money to help victims? To me lying under oath, no matter what the circumstance, shows me the person who did it is not trustworthy. Especially with another persons hard earned money.
When I donate to help people it is to St Judes or World Vision because I trust them. I do NOT trust Cindy Anthony, no matter what she went through.
She put her hand on the bible and LIED under oath!
The other parents that started a foundation did not lie at the trial that was suppose to bring out the truth of what really happened to find out who was guilty or innocent of the death of their loved one.
This post tells me that you clearly aren't a parent. If you were, you would know that a parent would do anything to protect their children at any cost. And if you are a parent, don't try and say what you would or wouldn't do because you have never been in that place in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I would think she is on here posting because she was interested in Caylee Anthony and what happened to this poor little girl. This message board is not putting money in Casey Anthony's pocket or her mothers who lied under oath.
It may not be "directly" contributing to Casey A's wealth but it is indirectly. It's keeping the story alive and keeping the interest of people on this this fiasco. If people really wanted to make her life rough, they would quit talking about it at all. If the media and publishers saw that there were no interest, they wouldn't even consider sinking alot of money into a deal with her.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have an issue with these types of charities.

When you have every Tom, Dick and Harry that lost a loved one opening charities/foundations......just how effective are they?

Effective enough to raise just enough money to pay the founder's salary.....and that is all. How convenient. The balance sheet of the Anthony's charity bears this out.

An example, my mother died of cancer.....should I start my own little charity to fight cancer? How much money would it make? Just enough to pay my "salary"......see what I mean?

I find these types of charities rather obnoxious and self-serving.....a mockery of "real" charities.
What you people seem to be missing is the fact that the total income was just a little over $3000. You call that a salary? Now, if they were making millions or even hundreds of thousands I could see your point, but let's examine the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top